Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 5:59 PM
Default Launcher crashes every time?
Well the title pretty much says, it. Everytime I try to play Sims 3 and pull up the launcher, it crashes and says "Windows is searching for a solution."

I have World Adventures, custom content, and the latest update.

What I find strange is that it started crashing exactly after it finished updating, and so far I don't see anyone else having this issue.

If you could even just tell me how to start my game without the launcher, that would okay.

Thanks (:

meow.
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 6:49 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
I don't know what you searched for, but crashing after updates is probably the single most common help thread here.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 1:18 AM
Please read and DO the FAQ's in the stickies before posting again.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 3:25 AM
Yes I'm quite aware that it helps to actually DO what it says and I'm very capable of doing that, which is why I DID before I posted this, and this is what happened.

Okay I did everything up to the caches and backup mods and that worked the first time.
I did it again later AFTER quitting the game and it isn't starting again. So if I change the Sims 3 folder to Sims 3 backup will that delete my game?

meow.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 5:34 PM
Bypassing the launcher will stop your immediate problems, but the cause will remain. Just open your program files>electronic arts>Sims3 (Or WA if you are using that EP)>Game>bin. Find your ts3.exe file and shortcut that to desktop. Voila'...no launcher.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 6:00 PM Last edited by kittykatGURL96 : 24th Dec 2009 at 6:21 PM.
Okay thanks.

1 more question... how do I then install custom content that isn't in a package file? I always needed to click on it, install it from launcher, etc.

But for some reason it works sometimes, then crashes 9/10 times. But, oh well. I'll try what you said.

EDIT: Scratch that 2nd Paragraph. I just did the installing houses FAQ, and what you said worked. THANKS (:

meow.