Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 2:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default sims instantly becoming friends upon meeting??
so everytime one of my household sims meets a new person, their relationship bar immedeatly gets boosted by 30 points!! i dont know whats causing it, my sims are all humans which were turned into vampires, and any interactions other than the first one boosts the relationship bar as usual, by tiny increments, it got to the point where my teen vamp sim asked out an acquintance and they immedeatly turned to frineds!! (went from one point to 41)

my game is modded and it has the NRaas mods (master controller, story progression, etc), optimization mods (like lazyduchess's), lighting, moar interactions (the mod), cc that add hair, default replacements and clothing, but it has nothing that could force such odd boosts in relationship and such, i mention theyre vampires because maybe that could have an effect but i am very doubtful of that too!! nor do they have any charisma skill or traits taht would influence how quick they make friends like friendly or charismatic..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sewbun
nor do they have any charisma skill or traits taht would influence how quick they make friends like friendly or charismatic..

Did you buy the reward attractive? That gives a jump too. Otherwise I'm not sure. I thought you needed the combo of 'at least one point charisma + know 25 people + buy attractive ' to hit the threshold to automatically befriend anyone you meet (which gets even stronger when you get 10 best friends).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2024 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Did you buy the reward attractive? That gives a jump too. Otherwise I'm not sure. I thought you needed the combo of 'at least one point charisma + know 25 people + buy attractive ' to hit the threshold to automatically befriend anyone you meet (which gets even stronger when you get 10 best friends).

i dont use lifetime rewards!! i also dont have any charisma, but my sims do have a lot of friends/acquintances (mostly friends)
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2024 at 7:27 PM
The game's default Charisma Skills Challenges are as follows: Maybe one or more are making it too easy to build relationships in your game.

Celebrity...Celebrities are acquaintances with at least 25 local Sims. Celebrities are able to build relationships more quickly due to a hefty starting relationship bonus.

Personable...Personable Sims have learned at least 50 Traits of their friends and neighbors. They are able to learn traits more quickly when conversing with new people.

Super Friendly...Super Friendly Sims can honestly say they have at least 20 Friends. It seems like an impossibly large number of relationships to juggle, but for Super Friendly Sims, friendships never decay.

Everybody's Best Friend...To be Everybody's Best Friend, have at least 10 best friends. Your friends skip Good Friend and jump immediately to Best Friends.

Comedian...Comedians have successfully told 100 jokes, which amounts to quite a few laughs. Jokes told by comedians rarely fall flat.

Hoping to share my XML tuning mods via Sim File Share by the weekend that makes it increasingly harder to reach the above goals. It's been working great in my test game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NanaBx3
The game's default Charisma Skills Challenges are as follows: Maybe one or more are making it too easy to build relationships in your game.

Celebrity...Celebrities are acquaintances with at least 25 local Sims. Celebrities are able to build relationships more quickly due to a hefty starting relationship bonus.

Personable...Personable Sims have learned at least 50 Traits of their friends and neighbors. They are able to learn traits more quickly when conversing with new people.

Super Friendly...Super Friendly Sims can honestly say they have at least 20 Friends. It seems like an impossibly large number of relationships to juggle, but for Super Friendly Sims, friendships never decay.

Everybody's Best Friend...To be Everybody's Best Friend, have at least 10 best friends. Your friends skip Good Friend and jump immediately to Best Friends.

Comedian...Comedians have successfully told 100 jokes, which amounts to quite a few laughs. Jokes told by comedians rarely fall flat.

Hoping to share my XML tuning mods via Sim File Share by the weekend that makes it increasingly harder to reach the above goals. It's been working great in my test game.

celebrity could be it, my sims have a lot of acquintances after all, and since they dont ahve the charisma skill i didnt get any notif!

just checked and you were right, thank you a lot!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 1:02 AM
@Sewbun
You're very welcome, happy you got it sorted!