1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7551 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:44 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 13th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by amora_selvagen
anything that would allow my sims to have cars in apartments lots not having to build a garage...

Take it with a grain of salt, but I heard you can have sims own cars in apartment lots that have a parking space outside/surrounded-by-no-walls. Though you will need to have the car be placed down before you move in your sims/family/household that wish to obtain it, via interaction to select a certain sim has the owner/driver by default. Otherwise, and If you think about it: you can't place a car outside because moving objects beyond the boundaries of the private area are not permitted by the apartment restrictions.

Another method (in theory that should work) is building the garage with the prison wall tool with that room being adjacent to different apartment units of your chose that is connected by with an invisible door (though be sure to lock it so that your sims doesn't look phasing through a plain solid wall) of the front of your sim's car parking space so that only your sim would have the privilege to modify the interior, add or sell a vehicle at anytime when you please during the gameplay of that household. Add in a invisible garage door to add immersion and have the animation of the car pulling out of the parking spot.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7552 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I want a mod which will prevent the Social Worker from coming. Yes, you may tell me many exist, though I can't find one which works with already-born Sims! It must be possible to somehow update born in-game Sims so they aren't "take away-able" lol

Have you tried BoilingOil's? I have not seen her except for adoptions. Some of my premade sim children are latchkey kids, like Lucy Burb, and she never shows.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#7553 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:10 AM
The tissues are all over the THE HEADPHONES THAT ARE Stop playing that song.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7554 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:11 AM
Cats do NOT DRINK FROM MUGS. Do not try to make them they will not drink from the coffee that is a levodopa

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7555 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Cats do NOT DRINK FROM MUGS. Do not try to make them they will not drink from the coffee that is a levodopa

My cat used to drink from mugs if he thought he could get away with it. That's how he got named Coffee.
Mad Poster
#7556 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 12:07 PM
Oh damn I'm so sorry. I was sleepwalking again.

Top Secret Researcher
#7557 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
My cat used to drink from mugs if he thought he could get away with it. That's how he got named Coffee.

My mom found out she has the same mug as a celebrity cause that celebrity posted a pic on Instagram of her cat drinking from said mug.

On topic, I'd love to see some half-height bookcases that would look good in a child's bedroom. The only ones I've been able to find were either empty or had office supplies on them.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7558 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 3:52 PM

It's a good thing you aren't a person in a position of great power. If you were a scientist, you would be altering formulas in your sleep. Or launching missiles.

On the other hand, your sleep typing is almost begining to make sense.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#7559 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 10:06 PM

I love that you sleepwalk/type here, and we're all just, cool, it's ihate, hope everything's okay, and we roll with it, and you get on when you wake up and see posts about people's cats drinking from mugs and all that you inspired.

This is such a great community. I'm glad you're here and safe in your sleepposting, and not somewhere else on the internet.

Now, we have cats eating from dinner plates in game, so how about drinking from coffee mugs or (better yet) the bars? Or the birds flying over to drink from bars/coffee cups? Or fish tanks! My dad says my grandma's budgie bathed in their fish tank, we have a lid on ours to keep the budgies out. And cats should be able to dip paws in the fish tank, too. Why didn't they put that in? That would've been so cute.

Alchemist
#7560 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:01 AM
I also want a social worker hack, but one that limits the reasons for arriving instead of completely suppressing it. I want the SW to come if someone leaves their baby or toddler at home or if the kids of any age of starving, but not for bad grades or children being left at home.
Mad Poster
#7561 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:48 AM
Birds-no, not the game birds, but real birds that live in trees and we could have bird feeders, bird houses. They'd eat the insects that seem to proliferate. There was something else I had thought of earlier today, but I forget what it was..must have not been that important, but I'm sure I'll remember it while I'm sleeping.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7562 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I also want a social worker hack, but one that limits the reasons for arriving instead of completely suppressing it. I want the SW to come if someone leaves their baby or toddler at home or if the kids of any age of starving, but not for bad grades or children being left at home.

That's almost exactly what sshack does:

Quote:
This hack makes the Social Worker behave more reasonably. The Social Worker will only be summoned for child abandonment if a child-aged sim is left unattended for extended period of time, such as if all adults are very dead, or if the unattended sim is a toddler and therefore should not realistically be left home alone at all. The bizarre metric of "child-hours" has been eliminated.

The social worker will not be summoned for a child receiving bad grades unless the number of bad children outnumbers the number of passing children: No more adopted bad child causing all your good children to be taken away because he came with a failing grade from when he was taken away before.

The Social Worker will continue to be summoned if you intentionally abuse your children by starving or neglecting them, so you can still get kids taken away to fill the adoption pool if you want.

Parents will also no longer be physically prevented from going to work if children are present on the lot. No more having to miss work because the stupid nanny refused to show up until 15 minutes afterwards.

Heat/Cold failure and warnings no longer random and useless: Will no longer receive spurious warning followed immediately by "sudden death mode" SS visit.

Not compatible with other social worker modifications.
Not for use with the original game.
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH INTEEN!

I wonder if you could get around the grades part somehow so all your children would be allowed to get failing grades without anyone being taken away.
Mad Poster
#7563 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:42 AM
Now I remember what I was wanting for a hack:
One that lets pixels autonomously pick out their daily clothes from a dresser every day. So that they don't have to wear the same thing every day. It'd be loaded with all the normal everyday clothes in the catalog. Everything but the formal clothes would be in this one. They could change their sleepwear too, or sleep naked if they chose to.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7564 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
That's almost exactly what sshack does...

I have both Inteen and sshack. Nothing exploded yet. My ss seem to be working as it should.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7565 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Now I remember what I was wanting for a hack:
One that lets pixels autonomously pick out their daily clothes from a dresser every day. So that they don't have to wear the same thing every day. It'd be loaded with all the normal everyday clothes in the catalog. Everything but the formal clothes would be in this one. They could change their sleepwear too, or sleep naked if they chose to.

Pretty much choosing a random one on a day when switching from numerous of clothes from the same category? I would love that, but so you could choose what sims shouldn't switch (since there's no in-game to remove them without using third-party program such as Motilda's).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7566 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I have both Inteen and sshack. Nothing exploded yet. My ss seem to be working as it should.

? I've had both of those for years. Are they supposed to clash?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
just a girl
#7567 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:20 PM
On the clothes theme. I saw mentions of casual 1, casual 2 and casual 3 outfit types in game's code somewhere. I guess, there were supposed to be three variations of daily clothes (like in Sims 3), but they didn't see the light for some reason? I wonder how difficult it would be to resurrect these. I miss this feature. In Sims 3 I liked to assign my sims a few outfits depending on what they do. Like, for home / for gardening / for going out.
Mad Poster
#7568 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
? I've had both of those for years. Are they supposed to clash?

Well, if you read post 7757 by Rosawyn..this is what the mod description says. I got surprised to say the least.

Mad Poster
#7569 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:13 PM
Pescado did not like Inteen. Is this a conflict of mods or a conflict of worldviews? Pescado called Inteen the Kitten Killer, and it became sort of a joke thing. (Yeah, the guy who built the baby bbq had a problem with teen pregnancy.)

Because of all the things in Inteen's manual, there's nothing I can think of that refers to the social worker.

Mad Poster
#7570 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Pescado did not like Inteen. Is this a conflict of mods or a conflict of worldviews? Pescado called Inteen the Kitten Killer, and it became sort of a joke thing. (Yeah, the guy who built the baby bbq had a problem with teen pregnancy.)

Because of all the things in Inteen's manual, there's nothing I can think of that refers to the social worker.

Well, of course HCDU finds one conflict between sshack and Inteen B package..but what's new? Everything does that. lol
I guess I love Kitten flavor pack of Inteen was made to deal with the kitten problem.
I am not sure what it was, I have the flavor pack now and since forever. But before forever, I had a teen nanny(I had a teen nanny mod..) who threw away the kitten she was holding WITH the news paper, into that AL wall-garbage thing...
It never happened again after that single occasion. I do not use teen nanny mod either, and I'll never know if this was related

Mad Poster
#7571 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:43 PM
I just copied and pasted the whole description as it appears in the file "AL RATFM--DC" that I have in my MATY subfolder in my sims 2 documentation folder. I believe I downloaded it from a thread titled "Updated Hack Descriptions" on MATY.

As I understand it, "The Kitten Killer" title comes from the oft repeated aphorism: "Every time someone downloads Inteen, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens."
Forum Resident
#7572 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:43 PM
It's not only Pescado who has problems with inteen. Earlier many mods did not work with it. Even right now, Chris Hatch (and others) have special versions of their mods strictly to deal with inteen. I'm old school, so I just got used to avoiding it, so I wouldn't have trouble with other mods.

I think it's because it does so much, conflicts are more likely.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7573 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
On the clothes theme. I saw mentions of casual 1, casual 2 and casual 3 outfit types in game's code somewhere. I guess, there were supposed to be three variations of daily clothes (like in Sims 3), but they didn't see the light for some reason? I wonder how difficult it would be to resurrect these. I miss this feature. In Sims 3 I liked to assign my sims a few outfits depending on what they do. Like, for home / for gardening / for going out.

I've thought that too - I think at least one of them is used for work clothes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#7574 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Well, of course HCDU finds one conflict between sshack and Inteen B package..but what's new? Everything does that. lol
I guess I love Kitten flavor pack of Inteen was made to deal with the kitten problem.
I am not sure what it was, I have the flavor pack now and since forever. But before forever, I had a teen nanny(I had a teen nanny mod..) who threw away the kitten she was holding WITH the news paper, into that AL wall-garbage thing...
It never happened again after that single occasion. I do not use teen nanny mod either, and I'll never know if this was related
The I love Kitten flavor pak prevents the kitten-killing. The inteen creator embraced the tongue in cheek nickname and added kitten death to inteen. This old post from @simsample tells the story.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...080#post3937080
Mad Poster
#7575 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
That's almost exactly what sshack does:

I wonder if you could get around the grades part somehow so all your children would be allowed to get failing grades without anyone being taken away.

I wish that was the case too. Otherwise, it's perfect. But kids don't get taken away for bad grades in RL; they get like a tutor or something.
Page 303 of 585