Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:57 PM
Default Ride For Your Life-A mystery story by Fraroc
I am a very creative person. I have written may Sims 2 fotostories and I really like putting a lot of emotional detail. And now I am doing something really ambitious. I am working on a book! A mystery fiction to be exact! So I really hope that you like this story It's called Ride For Your Life. Its rated T for Teen.

Prologue

The crickets were chirping, the wind caused the wheat field to rustle. It was nighttime over the Bartlette ranch. James Peterson, one of the ranch hands was riding his chestnut gelding to the stable. He brings him in the barn and brushes his mane. He exits out to the grassland and views the beautiful landscape, the hills, rivers and mountains.... then he hears hoof beatings. Faster than he can blink, a rider gallops past him, riding an impressive black horse. “Now if that ain’t a beautiful horse that man is riding, I don’t know what it is!” He said as he walks back to the beautiful ranch house, but then he is stopped by the neigh of a horse. The man with the black horse was on the adjacent hill, his horse was rearing up on his hind legs. The man seems to be in complete control of the horse’s actions. “Now ain’t that gorgeous?” said James. Then suddenly he hears a gunshot as he turns around and suddenly.... his mouth fills with blood as the darkness envelops him.

Chapter One
The building was a perfect square, sounds of talk about American football, women, big rigs, and guns emit from the walls, sitting in of the tables, is a man with a baseball cap turned the other way, muscular figure, tousled hair, chiseled jaw line, mustachioed and wearing a polo shirt that fits his form perfectly. A young, scantily clad woman approaches the man. “Hey there, you lookin’ for a good time? I don’t cost much...” A whore, obviously “Sorry, ma’am, but I’m a married man, I have a wife and kid at home” the man says in a gravelly, but kind voice. The woman walks away, awkwardly. The man is Det. John H. Logan H.P.D, he has been in law enforcement for about 12 years, and he actually was not born in the state of Texas, But in Saskatchewan, Canada. His family moved to America when John was a little boy, and all his life he wanted to be a cop. Now he is a self-proclaimed sleuth for the Houston Police Department. He takes out his iPhone, and uses the NewsVine app to look at the news. “Another victim found dead at Bartlette ranch, police still on the lookout for killer mounted on a black stallion.” He then gets a call from his superior, Commander Alrena Young. “Logan, there is a frenzy over what happened at Bartlette ranch, get your damn butt over there, pronto!” The usual scenario, investigate the body and find any clues for an official lead. He drives over there, on the way he looks over the beautiful countryside, the snow covered peaks, the vast forests, and the green rolling hills. “At least there is one good place left in this veritable hell of a world we live in...” John thought to himself as he arrived at the ranch. He sees the owner of the farmland absolutely distraught with fear. “Oh lord, I knew something was wrong when the horses refused to go into this field. And now....OH MY GOD!! JAMES!!!” After reassuring the ranch owner that the HPD would protect her, John goes over to look at the body of James Peterson. It doesn’t look like he was brutally murdered, his death took precision. John looks at a small 2 inch hole in the back of his head and sees a bulled lodged in the brain stem. “He died instantly, boys.” John explained “This bullet was lodged right into the brain stem, the brain stem controls everything in your body, the actual meat of your brain just controls your thoughts and actions. If the brain stem goes, you die right then and there” Another cop bursts into the conversation “But look right there on the ground, its a bullet casing!” There were 2 shots in this man’s death!” John explained to him, “But look, the two objects fit together....And this one smells like lighter fluid.... This was an explosive charge, this is how that bullet was able to penetrate his hard skull and lodge in his brain stem!” “Son of a gun, no pun intended!” The other cop joked. Suddenly, John’s iPhone rings again. “Hey Katie, yeah I’m fine, yes, unfortunately, what? Your sister is coming over?! That’s fine. And you’re mother.....no, no that’s fine too. Alright, bye honey.” “Guys are you going to process the casing? Said John. “Yeah why do you ask?” the cop said. “I wont be present for it, I’m taking the evening off on the account of M.I.L” John explained. “What the hell is M.I.L?” “Mother-in-law” John joked. “Oh, I see.”