Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 10:54 AM Last edited by susaninsturgis : 24th Apr 2006 at 3:56 AM.
Not identifing some file types, need help
Hi,
I'm prreparing my downloads for a clean install of all versions, with the 2 new game paks. So i have been sorting through my download folder with this program. i have files that have a string of numbers and letters, but they are not listed as any file type, there is no info on them, no pictures. what are they? Also, im trying to locate hack that was in my DL, somehow i picked it up. I cant find it . It picks up others. Does anyone know the name of the hack or hack files that block relatives from calling each other by phone? Also, Are lots installed into the download file or neighborhood. I dont want these houses reinstalled. i cant find them in the DL files? Any help would be appreciated.

Susan

Its been several days since posting this question. Nobody has answered me. Im really discouraged. I want to install my new packs.
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 8:39 AM
I understand you're discouraged, saw your post on another area of the site. You might try posting in game help after checking the articles about getting your game ready. I do not know if they have any info that will help.

Sadly, I do not know the answer to *any* of your questions. As I've seen other posts in this area responded to, it might be more likely that people don't really know the answer then that you're being totally ignored. I do know you should make triple sure to backup your downloads folder and your neighborhood folders (if you are keeping your neighborhoods)
Fluffy
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 8:46 AM
susan,
the files with strings of numbers and no pictures tend to be sims templates
when you download a premade sim, the package contains some clothes and make-up, and a file that links all those together, that file has no pics and if you're out of luck, also no textual info whatsoever.

lots are, I think, in packaged lots... or teleport
not sure, but if you want them out, just move them to the house bin ingame and delete them from there, it's probably safer and you won't lose sims along the way