Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 8:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
I still use patch 1.2.7, is this a problem for my sims uploads?
Hi everyone

So i searched the forums and wikis, but i didn't find anything useful, just that you should double check everything etc.

The thing is i still use patch 1.2.7, because i use Delphy's slider hack and can't be bothered to update my game, in fear it will bring only more troubles than it's useful for my needs in Sims 3.

Is there a problem with "1.2.7 sims uploads" for people who are using the latest patch and/or WA ? Because sometimes, not often, someone says that stuff is not showing up in my uploadcomments. Due the low amount of such comments, i assume it's the fault of the one who posted the comment, but i'm not quite sure.

I hope someone with the technical knowledge can enlighten me on that one, if it's a problem i will update and switch over to awesome mod instead.

Thanks in advance!

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 2:27 PM
The 1.7/2.2 patch change a lot of the game core coding.

So, it could very well be the reason. The only way to confirm is for you to work with the person in your download thread to confirm their game version and if they had look in the proper section, etc.

It also works both ways, as you cannot download all the goodies meant to work with the latest patch, especially if the CC/mod is not backward compatible?

But if your game is fine, and you can wait further for a patch to fix this one , might as well not bother, as a lot of people are having problems with this latest patch.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 3:21 PM
I would say that you should 'highly' suggest that their game be either patched or that they have WA installed as some people have game trouble after installing sims in an unpatched game. Mostly because both of the above have new sliders that you may have used.

The patches are not just for fixing bugs, they also add things. In this case, they added the sliders and other things from WA. I believe this was for the express purpose of making custom content work no matter what EP's you have installed (lots and sims). As long as you have the latest patch, you're good.

Remember kids, as we've been saying for years and years: always patch your game!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 3:26 PM
Both sims and lots should be fine. You'll only need to worry if you move into objects or hacks.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 1:02 AM
Thanks for the advice, i think i will test out the latest patch/awesome-mod, if there are no problems and the facial hack works as good, i'll stick with it. I only heard that so many people have troubles with the latest patch, so i held back with patching.

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <