Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 5:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Specific Lot Won't Load, help?
Since I upgraded to Bon Voyage and Free Time, my main family lot won't load at all. It gets to the 7th little loading bar and then I get the "application will terminate" error box. I've completely ruled out custom content as the problem and other lots in the same neighborhood load fine. I'm down to moving the family out to see whether it's the lot or the family that's corrupted, but I'd rather not lose the decorated lot while figuring out which is the problem.

If someone could interpret the error log, I'd be very grateful.

==System==

* Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
* Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz
* Memory: 2304MB RAM
* Page File: 451MB used, 4002MB available
* DirectX Version: 9.0c
* Dell Model Number: Dimension 4600

==Display==

* Name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
* Manufacturer: NIVIDIA
* Chip Type: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
* Approx. Total Memory: 64MB

* Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
* Version: 6.14

==Sound==

* Name: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2008.03.15 22.45.51.txt (9.4 KB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:18 PM
Every once in a while, a lot will get borked when installing a new EP. Moving the family out and putting them into another lot is a good idea to try. Also after they are moved out, try to enter the original lot again (while it's uninhabited) and see if it still crashed upon loading. And of course test the family in a new lot as well.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 4:37 PM
I had the same problem with one of my lots, seems to happen to this family every time I install an EP. Move out, can't get into the lot, and then move the family to a new house. It's annoying, but not game-destroying as at least I can still play the family. Wish I could give you more support than that, but I have no idea what's causing it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 11:26 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one that had this problem...Having Sim issues wholly sucks bad, but at least it isn't the end of the world...Like wiltingflower, I have a single lot that won't load, and one Sim (which is my favorite ) no longer is playable...Although I can enter and play other lots just fine...

Are there now steps to take to see what f0xx0rs a lot in this way, or maybe reading certain error logs or scanning a particular lot in SimPE..?

I was able to move my sim out, bulldoze the house, and put another house there just like it...But, I had a few things in the house that I wanted to keep...So its really no big deal, but if there's a way that I can avoid rolling down that road, I'd love to learn and fix my problem...

I couldn't even package the lot w/o the game crashing...I'm almost sure there's something I may be able to try...