Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 12:28 PM
Default About cloning animated objects
I think I now understand the basics of cloning an object and creating a new mesh and want to move on to meshing animated objects. I'm talking about objects like doors where I don't want to edit the animations in any way, just keep them the way they are. My problem is I'm not quite sure what to do and what do I need, since some of the information I've been reading at the forum seems to be out of date. I've installed the wes_h Milkshape plug-in for animation support. Now, is everything I need to do to keep the animations to just import and export the mesh through that plug-in, but otherwise do everything like with non-animated object meshes? Or do I need the Mesh Tool for something, still? Anything else I need to consider?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 12:59 PM
The easiest way I've found is to use SimPE to import/export ms ascii files. That will retain your bone information.
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 7:08 AM
I went and tried cloning a door like any other object, and it seems to work just fine, including the animations. I didn't do anything special. Go figure.