Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 7:11 PM Last edited by daluved1 : 7th Jan 2011 at 7:29 PM.
Default Sliding mattress.
When the sims gets into the bed on the *left* side only, the mattress slides out of place.

I assigned the whole bottom mattress to the original bone that the bed frame of the bed I cloned this from was assigned to. I figured that was the correct way since the bed frame was stationary.

Is there something else I may have missed?

I just can't figure it out because this sliding only occurs only the left side of the bed when the sim tries to sleep.

ETA - I'm thinking it might have something to do with the bed blanket, since it moves with it.
Screenshots

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 8:17 PM
Try unassigning the matrass?
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 8:40 PM Last edited by daluved1 : 7th Jan 2011 at 8:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Try unassigning the matrass?

No, I'll try that out!

ETA - Doing that makes the mattress disappear when the bed is in use. =/

Sockpuppet
#4 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 8:51 PM
another thing i noticed is that all objects(created with TSRW) always are fully assigned to the main bone but without any weight.
They are always listed as the 4th bone when working with Wes H his bonetool(unimesh plugin)

edit,
wich one did you clone?
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 9:12 PM
I cloned the fancy canopy bed.

And, it seems that I may have assigned the wrong bone! I rexported the original cloned mesh, and instead of looking at what milkshape had listed under the joint tab, I used unimesh bone tool and it said the bed frame was assigned to a completely different bone. Huh...

Let's hope the new assignment nails it.

Sockpuppet
#6 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 9:07 PM
lol, those beds have alot of bones.
Looking at the screenshot you must have assigned the matras to one of the blanket joints.

You also assigned both blanket sides to that same joint instead of using the left and right joint.

edit,

nm my last comment.
You prolly tried it first on the other side wich left the blanket that way, srry
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 9:17 PM
Yep! A piece of the bed frame had a blanket joint on it and I assumed that it was the same joint for the whole thing. Thanks Base!
Screenshots

Sockpuppet
#8 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 9:14 PM
You figured it out already, not me
But it works