Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 9:12 AM
Default self illumination materials for models?
I'm thinking of making a new lamp model (wall sconce), but I was wondering, can you assign self illumination materials to objects?

Also the tutorials I've seen for custom models, they all only seem to cover just the diffuse material, and nothing else (not opacity, illumination, or specular), so am I missing something, or what? Anyone know?
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 9:33 AM
In the Material Definition, the stdMatEmissiveCoef makes the object look like it's "lit up" (the syntax is the same as the diffusion: R,G,B).
But this parameter only affects the exterior appearance of the object: to actually cast light, it needs one or more LGHT files, and I can't help you on this (I guess you can grab the proper LGHT files from the original object).
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 9:44 AM
thanks for the fast reply Numenor.

Does stdMatEmissiveCoef make the whole object look lit up though, or can it be assigned a texture (like opacity; white for lit up, black for not lit up)?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 9:58 AM
Each Material Definition (MATD) is assigned to a mesh (subset). In a sconce there is usually a glass subset with its own MATDs (lit and unlit), that need to be modified.
You can use the MATDs taken from an original sconce (just change the references to the textures).
And yes: 0,0,0 is dark and 1,1,1 is bright white.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 10:05 AM
Thank you Numenor.