Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why can't I load Sims 2 or Body Shop anymore?
I made a sim in Body Shop earlier today, saved her, and went to open Sims 2 and strangely enough nothing happened. I didn't even get an error message saying the application has crashed, the game simply refused to open at all as if I never clicked the icon. I checked the processes in the task manager and it showed The Sims 2 open temporary after I clicked the icon only for it to disappear a few seconds later. Similarly, trying to open Body Shop causes a dialogue box to appear saying "The Sims 2 Body Shop has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem." etc.
I'm really not sure what happened. The problem arose out of the blue. I tried removing all Custom Content and Saved Sims temporarily but it didn't seem to help either nor did simply restarting my computer do anything. Anyone know why this is happening?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:51 PM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:57 AM
Delete your cache files.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 11:53 PM
...also try rigging the sims 2 shortcut ...sometimes launcher doesn't work properly anymore and EA games no longer supports sims 2 so they aren't going to fix it....have it shortcut to your last expansion's exe file instead of the launcher
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 12:20 AM
Cache files and the cigen file that body shop created. Anytime your game won't load delete them all first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~