Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 6:12 AM
Default Maranda State University - Custom Superset
Hello Everyone!
Today in my Geometry class (how ironic), I came up with the idea that I wanted to start a university SUPERset, which would include possible meshes, recolors and of course .. MANY houses and community lots. I came up with the name Maranda State University.

I'm posting this thread as a help guide for me, but as well as posting previews of lots, recolors and possible meshes for this in the future. This set will most likely not be uploaded o ModtheSims2, due to some of it features donation items from The Sims Resource.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Ben
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 6:19 AM
Default List of Lots!
Hello!
As I'm currently building the coffee house, I thought I'd drop in and post a list of lots that will be included as well as a few pictures of how the coffee house is coming along.

List of Lots Included:

1. 2-4 Dorms:
Dormitories for your university to live, play and spend the next 4 years of their lives.

2. Student Center: A place for students to play, hang out, and just be .. college kids.

3. The Daily Grind Coffee Shop: Are your Sims feeling tired, wore out before class? Swing by the uni. coffee shop and grab a drink before class.

4. Library: Books! Books! Books! Full of books to suit your Sims' study needs.

5. Gym: Are your Sims feeling lumpy? Heavy? Fat? Bring them to the University Gym to get a good workout and loose some of those "extra" pounds they're carrying around with them.

6. 4-5 University Shops: Clothing..Electronics..Food. You name it, the University has it!

7. 2-3 University Parks: Nice, quiet places for your Sims to go on a walk, take their pets on walks or just stroll around with a date.

8. Clock Tower (possibly): The Clock Tower is one of the many great buildings at the university.

9. 4-5 Residential Houses: Don't want your Sims living in a pig sty dormitory? Build up some money and move them into their very own rental home.

10. 1 very high class dorm: Where the high class and rich kids live. Private Dormitory.

11. Convenience Store: Requested by onsenmark.

The Daily Grind

Here is a day and night preview of the front of the coffee house, as well as a picture of the interior. Enjoy!
Day / Night / Interior

More pictures and information coming soon!
Ben
Instructor
#3 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 5:45 PM
Wow! You're certainly working hard on this! I hate the Maxis Universitys... Keep it up!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 10:18 PM
Thank you so much Cheeseisgood! I'm sort of debating right now if I should request someone to make me a custom neighborhood only for Maranda State. Opinions? Suggestions?

All are welcome! :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 1:10 AM
Neat. I really dig the coffee shop. Although I've got an idea I'd like to implement for the Uni neighborhood at some point -- a convienience store. I've actually got one in my neighborhood, but it's nothing fancy: groceries, coffee, a place to sit and chat, a kiosk for electronics, a magazine rack. (I really made it as a place for my teen Sims to buy electronics in the neighborhood, but there's other stuff.)

BTW, any idea what expansions this will ultimately require?
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 3:01 AM
Hello onsenmark,
That is an awesome idea! I'll add convenience store to the list above. Thank you.

And to answer your question about what ep's will be required...considering that I have all the expansion packs and all stuff packs, I'll probably use stuff from each of them. Does this run into conflict with the eps/stuff packs you have?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Benny Boy
Hello onsenmark,
That is an awesome idea! I'll add convenience store to the list above. Thank you.

And to answer your question about what ep's will be required...considering that I have all the expansion packs and all stuff packs, I'll probably use stuff from each of them. Does this run into conflict with the eps/stuff packs you have?

At this time, yes; I only have the core game(Holiday '06 edition) and Uni. I plan on getting the other expansions as soon as I possible can, though; Nightlife is definately next in line whether I buy it new or used. XD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 8:18 PM
If you'd like to post some pictures of your lots for people to see, you can do so here:
http://forums.sims2community.com/fo...20&daysprune=-1
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 8:56 PM
Stuff like this should go in the Creator Feedback Forum on MTS2
Locked thread | Locked by: discordkitty Reason: belongs on mts2