Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 2:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default No Mouse Wheel, Can't Scroll Through Non-Defaults Skins
I have a lot of non-default skins and my mouse I have doesn't have a mouse wheel. I had a mod that extends the box for non-default, but I can no longer access the page or see all my skins. I have late night but no mouse wheel, is there any way to still scroll without one?

-thanks
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:44 AM
Get a $5.99 mouse with a scrollwheel (ooh! I even found a $3.99 one) ? Though, that may well spoil in a month's time, so investing in a good mouse is not a bad idea.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:17 PM
If you have no mousewheel because you're on a laptop, then you can probably scroll by either sliding your finger up and down one side of the touchpad, or by moving two fingers up and down the touchpad.

There are several updated versions of the UI mod floating around somewhere. Which patch version are you on?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 7:23 PM
I have a really weird mouse and its on a desktop computer but my game version right now is 6.0.81

-sorry for the late reply I was having computer problems
Site Helper
#5 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:26 PM
I had a trackball with no scrollwheel, and in theory there was a keyboard/button combination that would take the place of a scrollwheel/center button. (Although it didn't always work. I finally convinced my husband that I really wanted a 3-button mouse, despite the fact that I do acknowledge that a trackball is more convenient a lot of the time. ) Try control, alt, shift, and some combination of the 3.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 12:08 AM
Ghost sdoj,
Thank you! I'll try that
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 10:14 AM
Your actual game version . The one that starts with 1. - unless, that is, Ghost's solution works for you.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:52 AM
sadly it did not work . My game launcher only says that version starting with a 6 I'm not sure where to find the game version starting with a 1 :\
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:58 AM
Hover your mouse over the basegame icon.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 7:12 PM
Oh I see now, sorry about that. My game version is 1.17