Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
TS3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack
After doing a complete removal and reinstall I an getting the error " TS3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack". This is happening with WA and HEL.

I have read as much posts as I could find through Google on this and tried numerous suggestions today but am still getting the same message trying to install WA & HEL.

Can anyone help with this?

Cheers
Owen

Save The Trees... Kill A Beaver!!!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:42 AM
You need to update your base game. Open the launcher and let it update fully. Or you can patch manually: Game Help:TS3 Patchingwiki

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:01 AM
HI. Sorry should have mentioned the base game is patched to version 1.12.7.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:24 AM
Hi!
The same thing happened to me after I installed the new patch. Best thing you can do is uninstall your game.
Follow these instructions:
Uninstall Help

Reinstall the game by following the patch instructions from the link HP gave you.

Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:45 PM
Remember when reinstalling: patch every game before proceeding. The installation patching seems to be broken. Install basegame, let the launcher update it (don't turn it off after the bar fills, because another window should pop up actually installing the patch). If the launcher says, after rebooting, that you game is fully patched, you may proceed with EPs and SPs installation.

I had such problem when I thought patching is only the first bar. Then I left patching when washing up and I noticed I missed the actual patching. Base game version is 1.7 now. Just reboot the launcher after each patching so it gets fully pacthed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:49 AM
[B]Update:[B]

Have done the complete uninstall for the 6th time in the last 24 hours and now it just won't even install. Installer just stops half way through. This is giving me flashbacks to v1.8 for some reason. Am about to try one more time and if that fails, I'm reallt goping to be beyond not happy (esp since I just bought Ambitions)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:59 AM
Update 2:

Well the short answer is it didn't work. I followed each step to the letter (Being a tech support I am no stranger to computer instructions). As soon as WA gets to v2.5 it gives that same error again. It is very dissappointing to spend so much money and to get so many problems.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 3:29 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 8th Jun 2010 at 7:14 PM.
I had this same problem this weekend when I tried to install HELS (already had the base game and WA) - got the "Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack" message. I decided to do a clean uninstall and reinstall, patched each game up to date online as I installed each one, which seemed the sensible idea, but still got the same message after installing HELS and the game wouldn't start up. I did another uninstall/reinstall, this time disconnecting my network cable and therefore not allowing the online patches to kick in, just let each expansion pack update the previous one via its own DVD update, and now it all works fine. It's on the 3.0 update that comes with HELS.

(I've not tried the online patch to the newest update (3.3?), as I am very wary of it now - maybe I'll try it when I'm feeling brave AND have another couple of hours to uninstall/reinstall everything if it happens again.)

Hope that helps! You'll at least have a working game, although it won't include the latest patch.

UPDATE: Finally braved it and updated to the 3.3 patch, but after updating got the same error message re incompatibility and needing to update the base game, followed by a blank Launcher that hangs forever and a game that wouldn't run. Tried uninstalling just HELS, leaving the rest intact, and tried running the game from the WA icon. Now the Launcher finally worked, rather than hanging, and it proceeded to update first WA, then the base game. Next I reinstalled HELS and it too updated correctly, and now it finally all works fine with the new 3.3 patch installed. So for some reason, the Launcher wouldn't update base game, WA and HELS together, but it would update the base game and WA together. Was really frustrating as I've been lucky and not had problems with the TS3 patches before (miracle!). Mods, thanks for your advice, and OP, hope you can now get this to work!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omitchell
HI. Sorry should have mentioned the base game is patched to version 1.12.7.

Quote: Originally posted by omitchell
... As soon as WA gets to v2.5 it gives that same error again ...
Sorry to say you're giving tech support people a bad rep. The corresponding, matching patch levels are in the wiki.

Are you patching level-by-level?

1.12 <> 2.5
1.12 == 2.7

You should just patch up to the last version directly, no need to do it by individual patch levels.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 4:00 PM
You don't need to reinstall to fix this issue - just patch your base game and all EPs/SPs up to date. The tricky bit is figuring out what patch versions all your EPs are at - you can check in the skuversion.txt file within the installation folder.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 6:06 AM
I have done the patch by patch, and the straight forward just let the installer patch. It's the same outcome.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:11 AM
What do the skuversion.txt files in each of your Game/Bin folders say?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:01 AM
Have uninstalled again, will reinstall and see what happens and get the numbers

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:07 AM
Update:

After re-installing again just using the launcher to patch the initial problem has resolved itself, thanks for the help everyone.

Unfortunatly now it just gives me a Disk Authentication Failure for HEL. I'll work on that next lol

Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:24 AM
Just throwing in my two cents, the same thing happened to me and I made a thread, but no one seemed to be answering. I called EA customer support and then they told me the cause of it can be the fact that your computer does not fit system specs and the new patch demands the game to be strict about them.

Though I'm not sure if that's correct. Just throwing that out there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 9:33 AM Last edited by omitchell : 13th Jun 2010 at 10:18 AM.
Hehe I would love to see them try and tell me that. I haven't met a game yet that this thing can't handle (and that includes Flight Sim X, Max settings and anything but default scenery).

It's almost infuriating that a games company that delivers such good quality games for so long can cause this amount of chaos.