Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 10:27 AM
Default can Roof mesh be created in game?
i searched all mod tutorials but didnt find out any threads abt creating new mesh of house roof.. so can it be created?
anyone can help me? thnx so much!

(btw. i know how to do new mesh of objects and sims. )
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 10:42 AM
You can make decorative roof pieces as simple decorative objects - they won't function like the actual roofs in game but can work to do things like spires and things that you can't necessarily make with the game's roofing tools. You'll need to put an actual roof underneath (even the flat roof types, using an invisible floor tile, will work) for it to count as an actual roofed building though.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:51 PM
thnx Hysterical,I really appreciate!
i will work on it soon and get the feedback here :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 10:25 PM
Default i found some refs that can really work with roof mesh...

for this modified roof, i notice that they actually did a new mesh for the roof...
and it's not only a decorative roof (when i put that package into my download folder, it appears at roof panel in game)... so..just wondering if anyway to create/modify mesh with roof ( but in simPE..i just cant find out any options with roof)

well...if they didn't create new mesh with roof but recolor it..
how do i export the texture mapping with roof to recolor it?
Screenshots