Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 3:16 AM
Default i cant download
im trying to download som add ons from here but it keeps saying acess denied
can anyone help as to why it says this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 3:24 AM
Try restarting your browser, and this belongs in site issues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 3:37 AM
i can download them but when i go to install it says something about path C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages access denied
i have windows vista if that helps
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:31 AM
I got this answer from here; http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611

It wont work! I get access denied messages

If you are using Vista (either normal or 64bit) then you may encounter this message. It occurs becuase of the location of the game files - in Program Files - often needs admin rights to access.

On Vista you have the UAC which is either disabled or enabled, but you also have either Admin or Limited users.

* If you are an Admin and you disable UAC then this program should work fine.
* If you are an Admin and you leave UAC enabled, then this program should request Admin privs, and then work fine.
* If you are a Limited User and you disable UAC, then you really shouldn't do that. You are crippling your PC. Either use an Admin account or enable it.
* If you are a Limited User and you have UAC enabled, then this program should request Admin privs, and then work fine.

(Note: The above assumes that you downloaded the TS3InstallHelper.rar on or after the edit time of this message).

You can try to get around by doing the following:

- Download the TS3InstallHelperUAC.rar.
- Install as per installation instructions

Or turning UAC off.

Note: If, after install, you dont get the right click menus, try the following:

- Right click a package file
- Select Open With
- Browse to the helper monkey (C:\Program Files\Mad Scientist Productions\InstallHelper\InstallHelper.exe)
- Open the file with the monkey

Don't hate me cuz you ain't me.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:04 PM
Since this is a Sims 3 issue, moving to Sims3 Help.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects