Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default I cant find my installed The Sims 3 custom contents
I think was able to successfully install mods (anti-blur and default skins), clothes, hair, riverview town and lots because it said so in the game launcher. I found everything when I launched the game except the residential houses (the hamptons beach, dynasty, winnepeg lodge from modthesims.com) and the mods/hacks. Can anyone pls help? Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread (newbie *sigh*)
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:36 AM
First off, stuff you install from the EA site comes in .sims3pack files and is handled completely differently from stuff you install from modders, which comes in .package files. The Launcher installs Sims3Packs; for .package files, you need Delphy's Helper Monkey http://db.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611 (or something else that gives you an equivalent folder structure). The launcher doesn't know anything about the .package files.

.package files should all be in your The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder -- or a subfolder of it -- where The Sims 3 is the folder where your game is installed
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:46 AM
The residential houses can be a bugger to install and show. I still have only partial luck getting them to show in the game. One thing you can try is to delete them in the downloads folder, and if you can find them, in the dcbackup folder. Do not delete that folder..just the packages that are the houses. You might have to search by date installed. Then, after deleting with the launcher, the downloads folder and the dcbackup files (if you can find them) try to reinstall. Make sure to do this during a full moon, with drums beating and fingers crossed. Really, a lot of folks are having difficulty with lots. You are not alone.

The launcher is a terrible way to install content, as it saves it all over the place. In case you missed it, we have some FAQ's about installing custom content for the game:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Custom_Content

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
First off, stuff you install from the EA site comes in .sims3pack files and is handled completely differently from stuff you install from modders, which comes in .package files. The Launcher installs Sims3Packs; for .package files, you need Delphy's Helper Monkey http://db.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611 (or something else that gives you an equivalent folder structure). The launcher doesn't know anything about the .package files.

.package files should all be in your The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder -- or a subfolder of it -- where The Sims 3 is the folder where your game is installed

Yup, most of my files are Sims3Packs including the houses/lots files and it says it got installed. I used Delphy's Helper Monkey and I was able to use one .package file which I got here (gloves accessories) but was not able to make the anti-blur (censor) work. Can you give me the link for an updated censor patch? Thanks a lot
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
The residential houses can be a bugger to install and show. I still have only partial luck getting them to show in the game. One thing you can try is to delete them in the downloads folder, and if you can find them, in the dcbackup folder. Do not delete that folder..just the packages that are the houses. You might have to search by date installed. Then, after deleting with the launcher, the downloads folder and the dcbackup files (if you can find them) try to reinstall. Make sure to do this during a full moon, with drums beating and fingers crossed. Really, a lot of folks are having difficulty with lots. You are not alone.

The launcher is a terrible way to install content, as it saves it all over the place. In case you missed it, we have some FAQ's about installing custom content for the game:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Custom_Content

Im just one of those people who's to lazy to build a house LOL
I'll try your suggestions later coz' I'm about to tear my hair out