Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:43 PM
I saw some giant alligator movie on SciFi the other day. It was so bad (and I love bad movies usually) that I finally gave up and went to bed. The alligator was in fact a crocodile that looked like it was plastic and just being moved by an invisible hand. It's limbs and jaws didn't move at all. Also there was an old woman who may or may not have been Cloris Leachman. She may or may not have had some sort of relationship with the giant reptile. But, really, the film just sullied the name of bad movies. I finally gave up.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Inventor
#77 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:10 AM Last edited by anothereyjana : 11th Jun 2011 at 8:12 AM. Reason: TYPO
^^^ Sounds like it was either Lake Placid or one of it's sequels, and that's assuming that it wasn't just the Sci-Fi Channels (or Scy-Fi or Scy-Fy or however the hell they spell it now) rip-off version of the movie (which it does a lot). I'd say probably one of the sequels or a rip-off since the original was mostly played for comedy; from what I remember of it, the film-makers knew damn good and well that the concept was goofy as hell, and ran with it, seeming to intentionally go for the B-movie schlock, as well as throwing in a lot of jokes.
It's like the Bring It On series (which I've never actually seen, but know some people, who, for reasons beyond me, have sat through every one), after the second one (I think that the number might have made it up to five ) ,they forgot that they were actually doing a parody of that genre, and ended up making the plot of the movies about the very thing they were originally mocking.
Test Subject
#78 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 5:28 PM
Guh...My mom and sis love both of those series for reasons beyond me. Practically every weekend ABC Family plays them, and every weekend they go "OMGZ BRING IT ON! LET'S WATCH EVERY SINGLE ONE." x.x

I won't even try to explain how bad this movie is. You'll just have to see for yourself. BIRDEMIC
(Yes, it's an actual movie)

Ohhai dere, Mr/Mrs.Signature reader ;D look at you, bein' all creeperish.
Inventor
#79 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 7:11 AM
I remember that several people earlier in the thread posted that their pick was Twilight. I now see why. I didn't even watch the actual movie, just this long Rifftrax clip of the film, but still, dear god! I mean, hearing Muse's song Super-Massive Black Hole being played during the baseball scene actually hurt. It seriously fucking hurt me, both body and soul!
Test Subject
#80 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:53 AM
Drive Angry
It was gross and had embarrassing scenes in it that you don't want to watch around your parents if you know what I mean. And the body parts flying everywhere reminded me of the Final Destination movies, which are also way too gross for me.
Inventor
#81 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 4:29 AM
The Dukes of Hazzard, the one with Jessica Simpson, and The Dukes of Hazzard the Begining. That was NOT The Dukes of Hazzard. Everyone involved in those movies should be ashamed of themselves.
Scholar
#82 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 4:58 AM
I tend to avoid bad movies as well they are bad so why should I see them. Still in the age of Netflix and with also having to let someone else have an input into what is watched I've seen a few stinkers. Movies where it was almost impossible for me to keep quiet during (I tend to talk back at the screen when inexplicably things happen) and in some cases stay awake.

Charlie's Angels 2: seriously stupid and pointless I want the 2 hours of my life back.
Serendipity: *yawn*
He's just not that into you: I hated each and every one of the women in that film
Little Nicky: worst freakin' movie ever made, no it's not a cult classic it's too stupid to be a cult classic. No boyfriend is ever worth having to sit through this piece of crap for.

I think B movies have their place and sometimes I enjoy playing the home version of MST3K with an old black and white Godzilla or horror film. So bad can sometimes be good.
Instructor
#83 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 6:15 AM
Sin City- just repugnant. Gross acting, and exploitively cheescakey. Worst film I've seen ever..
Transfomers III 2.5 hours of boredom. Saw this with office mates and could not leave because I was with the boss. Hated it and was counting the seconds till it was over.
Theorist
#84 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 6:24 AM Last edited by vhanster : 11th Jul 2011 at 5:00 AM.
I HATE Pirates of the Carribean 4. What with Jack's new Mary-sue, Spanish girlfriend and pointless 'humour' that's not even funny, the plot SUCKS
Test Subject
#85 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 8:03 AM Last edited by Jcsim13 : 4th Jul 2011 at 8:08 AM. Reason: found some this bad to say about happy feet
Default evil happy feet
happy feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my eyes were falling out
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#86 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 9:28 AM
Any of the sci-fi movies which either degenerate into a hopeless love story (such as I:Robot) or a superfluous case of patriotism (such as Independence day).
Field Researcher
#87 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I saw some giant alligator movie on SciFi the other day.

Mention of SyFy movies made me think of this comic: http://hijinksensue.com/2010/03/23/...he-syfy-cypher/

The worst movie I've ever seen had to be Battlefield Earth. It was so bad, it wasn't even possible to enjoy it by making fun of it in a Mystery Science Theater 3000 way. I think my family rented it because we were curious about exactly how bad it was. That was a bad idea. Even with very low expectations, it somehow managed to be worse than anything else I've ever seen.
Inventor
#88 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 9:26 PM
I agree, SyFy movies are BAD!
Test Subject
#89 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:46 AM
The Rite, it was terrible movie I ever seen.
Test Subject
#90 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:23 PM
Hmh.. I know that the most people here don't know it, but it's a movie called "Crazy". It's just a really really bad german movie about... yeah, I really don't know what it's about. I think it's about becoming an adult, but its really really horrible and all of you can be happy, if you not seen it xD
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 8:56 PM
Time ago I had the misfortune to see a film named Potterville's Secret (at last that was the spanish tittle).
I still don't know how to explain the... plot?
A bunch of aliens coming out of the deeps at a wheat cultive.

Terrible is a soft word for this one...

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Instructor
#92 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 5:59 AM
Any American Pie movie, and I DESPISE Rocky Horror Picture Show. I know pretty much everybody who has seen it loves it, but I just never enjoyed it.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 8:59 PM
Hopping on the Twilight bandwagon. Glittery sparkle pussies can go back to fairy-land and stop pretending to be vampires
Scholar
#94 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prettiammie2005
I DESPISE Rocky Horror Picture Show. I know pretty much everybody who has seen it loves it, but I just never enjoyed it.

Well I know some people who don't like it so your not alone. It's really about the audience participation that most people find enjoyable. Of course when I used to go was during the time when it was all about shouting funny lines at the right moment, throwing toast and rice and using water guns to simulate rain. All in all a fun time had by all.

Years later I went to a showing where they had an in house cast and it had become all about dressing up and acting out the whole movie. They had part of the house lights up and the sound of the film turned way down. I found the whole thing boring and abysmal.

I've also seen the movie on DVD, soundtrack aside it was pretty darn boring. So for me it was really all about the old school audience participation that I found fun not the film itself.
Inventor
#95 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 10:21 PM Last edited by leo06girl : 6th Aug 2011 at 3:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by prettiammie2005
Any American Pie movie, and I DESPISE Rocky Horror Picture Show. I know pretty much everybody who has seen it loves it, but I just never enjoyed it.

After The Dukes of Hazzard (2005) came out I can't stand to watch American Pie because Sean William Scott is in it.

I have NEVER like The Rocky Horror Picture Show, I've always thought it was stupid, and can't see the appeal.

My least favorite movie has to be An American Tail and An American Tail Fieval Goes West. I REALLY REALLY HATE Fieval and everything about that movie series. I have never been able to sit through more than five minutes of any of it.
Test Subject
#96 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 2:29 AM
Twilight....
Rubric Wrangler
retired moderator
#97 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 2:45 AM
Do movies I saw on "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" count? :P

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 3:21 AM
The Happening. I don't know what I was thinking. Stupid, stupid movie. Mark Wahlberg remains a terrible actor.

Night at the Museum, that Ben Stiller movie. Not funny at all. The only movies I've liked that guy in was Meet the Parents.

The Hangover. Everyone around me loves that movie and I just didn't think that movie was funny at all.
Instructor
#99 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 2:59 PM
Definitely Twilight and Blue Demon. I hate vampires and unrealistic sharks that swim in the shallowest water(wtf?!).

Common sense is so rare these days...
Forum Resident
#100 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 3:30 PM Last edited by missy harries : 28th Aug 2011 at 3:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Oaktree
As for the hilariously bad movies I've seen, I've recently begun watching movies like that with friends. They've generally been really over-the-top horror movies with extremely excessive and fake-looking gore. Some examples of this include Meatball Machine, Ricky-Oh, and Bitch Slap. I think Tarantino's Grind House could probably be placed in the same category, though I would consider it to be of higher quality than the others.

NO way is Grind House bad!!!!!! Some of the best films, It's meant to be bad, they're a tribute to dodgy B movies and they were done beautifully.

As for the worst film I've ever seen, it was siberian and shall remain unnamed........
It was just a horrible fim to watch, cinematography and acting were pretty good but the subject matter made it bad, classed as a horror but it was a rape film, I saw no point to it other than shock and disgust you as much as possible and it was banned in Germany....
Now I have seen some shocking films and I thought I was Jaded by the shock and horror of cinema but this is one film that made me feel dirty just by watchig and it was morbid curiosity that kept me from turning it off.
I felt awful for watching that and I reall, really wish I could unwatch that film.

EDIT: My mind felt raped after watching that........

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Page 4 of 7