Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#951 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 9:24 PM
Default Adrien & Beyonca
He was being analyzed. Analyzed and studied, his words weighed and examined. He felt it in the young woman's gaze when she looked at him, and he could see her mind working, the wheels turning behind those exceptional eyes of burning amber. She was trying to figure him out, trying to grasp the answer he had left unspoken, to the question she had indirectly asked. The question that, judging by the looks that kept lingering on him, was on more minds than hers. But Adrien had no intention of answering it. Yet. When he did, when he admitted that he had not come here by his own free will - what little free will the Tremere blood bond had left him with - it would be face to face with Mina, exposing her and her alone as the reason for his being here, for his presence tainting what was supposed to be a friendly party where all personal grudges were temporarily set aside.
That was, if he was to admit it. Perhaps he was, or perhaps he would choose to keep it to himself, to use it against her at a later time. He hadn't yet decided how to play the hand she had dealt him.

"You wish to know my name, but yet you question my motives", the young woman said, meeting his gaze without flinching. "Will my name and face be etched into that cunning mind of yours? Will it be remembered just seek me out later? Or will it be forgotten along with other names you know? I am to believe that your thoughts are more questionable than mine."

At first, Adrien had quirked a brow in a silent inquiry, as if to question what her motives could possibly have to do with her name, or vice versa. Her name would reveal little about why she was talking to him; knowing her name would tell him nothing of her motives, just as knowing her motives would not tell him her name.
But then, as she continued talking, her words drew a smile from his lips. A more open one this time, and not his usual smirk. Yet it was still with a mirth that did not reach his eyes. These nights, those smiles were but a memory. These nights, his lips curved only because they remembered the motion, not the feeling behind it.
Still, and although brief, so far, he found himself actually enjoying the conversation. It was one of the very few he had had since... what seemed like an eternity. The past three years had been filled with nothing but bickering, arguing, mocking, taunting and ordering. Nothing worth calling an actual conversation. And the many, many years before that had offered even less. He had been a loner, consumed by his mission, too careful and zealous to form any type of friendship. Friends could be used by his enemies, either for information, or as a way of getting to him. He couldn't afford that.
And the thought of a relationship, a family, had been even more distant.
But it wasn't until recently that he - sometimes, just rarely and ever so briefly - had started feeling lonely. He had no other companion than his hatred and his bitterness. Before his embrace, he had at least had himself, his humanity. But with the Embrace, he felt as though he was slowly being taken over by something that wasn't him. And he knew that if he didn't fight it, it would one day prevail, and he would grow to hate himself for what he had become. He even knew that even though he fought it, it would one day take over. But he couldn't allow himself to admit it, or even think it.

Perhaps it was this fleeting loneliness that was the reason why he was finding the conversation with this young woman entertaining. It wasn't all just an act from start to finish anymore, like it had always been before his cover had been blown and he'd had to start operating from the shadows, over a hundred years ago.
However, it was still very much a game, but it was one filled with far less venom than what he'd grown accustomed to. It wasn't friendly exactly, nor was it relaxed, even though neither of them seemed to be particularly on edge. Which was another reason why the conversation with her piqued his interest. She didn't appear to be afraid of him, not even on a cleverly disguised level. Adrien knew fear when he saw it, he could even smell it. And whatever it was that he sensed within this young woman, fear wasn't it. Not even when she briefly broke their eye contact and instead glanced around the floor for a bit, did it seem like she was experiencing fear or agitation. It only seemed like she was choosing her words.

"You needn't worry about me", she said as she once again looked up to lock gazes with him. "As much as my Ventrue blood boils with disgust of what you have done, I fear my mind still has some humanity left. I like to simply observe."

With that she paused, and Adrien's eyes narrowed slightly as he tried to make sense of her words. What a most odd statement it had been. She feared she has some humanity left? Most Kindred would claim they clung to it for dear life. A lie that he had never believed. Was one of them finally being honest, admitting that she'd rather not have that little piece of humanity left in her? And if so, why? Was it an almost-subtle way of saying she wished she could bring harm to him, but that she couldn't? Or was it just a way of hiding the fact that she dared not?
It seemed she didn't intend for him to dwell on the matter, however, as she continued after only a moment, actually offering him what he had asked for.

"My name is Beyonca."

Hmmm... Beyonca. Not a name he recalled hearing before, in Kindred society. If she was being truthful, and it did seem like she was, then she truely was one he'd never heard of. Though he had to wonder if it she gave him that little tidbit with the purpose of distracting him from analyzing her previous comment, or if she was just being as upfront as she seemed to be.

"Beyonca...", he said slowly, as if tasting the name, and then gave a nod. "Well then, Beyonca the observer, let me assure you that your face will not be forgotten."

Though why and for what purpose, he failed to mention. Nor did he leave her with the kind of reassurance she had offered him, by telling him he had no reason to worry about her. Instead, he simply let his gaze roam the banqueting hall once again, confirming that the two of them were still very much the center of attention, challenged only by a lovely couple on the dance floor. Even Adrien found his attention drawn to them as they floated effortlessly across the dance floor, twirling together as one. He only managed to catch a brief glimpse of their faces, but he immediately knew who they were. Valerian, the reputable owner of the downtown Elysium known as The Haven. Adrien had seen him before, but even back then he had been able to guess who he was. The young man had a reputation that had long preceeded him.
The woman, however, the immaculate goddess in white, he'd never laid eyes on before. And yet there was no doubt in his mind that this... this was Vevila, the Kindred nightingale, with a voice that could move a man to tears, and a beauty that would drive him wild with desire.
They made quite a pair; the two darlings of the Los Angeles Toreador. Oh, the danger they would pose to anyone who was determined to resist them, to hate them. Like Adrien.
But he would resist them. He had dealt with his fair share of Toreador, and refused to be sucked in by their beauty and electrifying presence. And it was with that thought in mind that he turned his gaze back to Beyonca, focusing on her once more with another amused smirk playing on his lips.

"But what, pray tell, is it that you wish to observe?" he asked, referring to what she herself had said only moments earlier. "My effect on the others here, or their effect on me? Are you hoping to see me buckle under the pressure of an entire room full of enemies, or attack the first fiend that comes close enough? Or is your wish simply to find out if I can hold a conversation without starting to spout promises of death, damnation and hell fire?"

(((ooc: Sorry it took so long, and sorry if it seems incoherent. Have a headache, and had a hard time fitting all the pieces together. Will try to RP Valerian later, but... no promises.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#952 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 11:03 PM
((*slumps infront of dissapointing report card* okay I know I haven't been on a whole lot, but I am juggling a bunch of things right now. I love this RP but It's not exactly my first priority. I will have a post up later today I PROMISE!!!!!))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#953 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 12:36 AM
Default Valerian & Vevila
The spellbinding force of the woman in his arms never ceased to amaze Valerian. All Vevila had to do to leave him completely captivated was to shake her head slightly. It was a motion so subtle that the people sweeping past them but five feet away wouldn't have caught it, yet it was strong enough to send a few obsidian ringlets dancing along the smooth, faintly rose colored skin of her cheeks, and fill Valerian with an overwhelming urge to reach out and touch her face, tracing his fingertips along every line of her fair features, as if to convince himself that what he saw was indeed real.
Though he managed to resist, and was even given unknowing help by Vevila herself, as the soft melody of her voice reached through her own spell and drew him back to their conversation.

"The mortal turned kindred who killed our kind? I think I'd like to meet him."

Her tone was sprinkled with curiosity rather than the disdain otherwise flooding the room. She almost seemed excited by the idea of having such a notorious, vindictive creature among them.
But Valerian knew that was not how she saw it, simply because he himself did not see it that way. While others were appalled and filled with hatred and loathing, Valerian was intrigued by the stories told, by the whispers floating from one set of lips to another. The empathy that coursed through his veins, the compassion in his blood and the fascination he had with feelings, any and all feelings, left him intrigued by the fate of the former hunter, and the raging inner turmoil it must bring to a man who was suddenly, against his will, facing an eternity as something he despised. Such a thing would be enough to shatter the soul of even the strongest of men.
But at the same time, Valerian had heard far too many stories about Adrien for Vevila's innocent curiosity to sit well with him.

"If you do, please be careful", he beseeched her as a shadow of worry settled on his face. "His new nature makes him dangerous twice over, and..."

He interrupted himself, realizing he better choose his words carefully, so that he wouldn't say too much. Just in case someone was eavesdropping. Thus, not only did he choose his words, but his voice also dropped to something not far from a whisper, as much by caution as reluctance to bring up something he knew had caused her anguish.

"...and you have already had your share of pain lately", he finished, and gave her a careful glance. "No?"

He was very well aware that Vevila was the kind of woman that would bring out every shred of protective instinct in the opposite sex, with the greatest of ease. One frightened look from her would have any man risking his life to rescue her from whatever it was that brought such torment to those big unworldly doe eyes, hoping to perhaps be rewarded with with a smile, or even a gracious glance.
The former hunter, this Adrien de la Cour, was indeed a man, but he was like no other, and so Valerian couldn't help but wonder... If approaching him, would Vevila bring out those very feeling in him as well, or would she find herself faced with a pitch-black heart, twisted and deformed like the outer shell of the Nosferatu, holding no room for anything but hatred and a thirst for revenge?

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#954 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 7:17 AM
Default Bee and Adrien
It looked as though Adrien didnt understand what she was saying at first. But after she continued a smile appeared on his lips. It actually delighted her to see him smile. He could actually give off an appearance of a charming man, if only that same smile showed in his eyes. The green crystals were still the solid cold as when she first approached him. Is he really as hard as stone. Did she interest him in anyway? Or was he just turning over ways to kill her in his head?

Bee couldnt help but wounder what was underneath all the layers of this dangerous kindred. Is his unbeathing heart with out any joy at all? After all these years of killing and, what Bee figured, solitude, really left him emotionless? Nothing but a chunk of ice. However she could understand the situation. Maybe he just wishes not to show what is barried inside him.
The only emotion she saw is when he narrowed his eyes are in in question of her statement of no harm. It was like her words were rolling over in his mind. It actually intertained her to know what she had said somewhat left him questioning. She meant every word, thought some of the underlying secrets, he wouldnt know. Her blood did boil in discust for him. Yet her human nature of curosity and compasion tend to get the best of her. Nothing but hurt came from her emotions. Everytime, therefore, she wished to rid herself of the too human feelings.

"Beyonca...", he said slowly, as if tasting the name, and then gave a nod. "Well then, Beyonca the observer, let me assure you that your face will not be forgotten."

Now it was Bee who was questioning his very words. He was going to remember her, she didnt doubt that in the least. But why? Did he have intensions of taking her immortal life? Or was he just trying to strike fear in her? Surely he isnt unwise and try to harm her in any way. Or any other kindred in that manner. That act would not go unnoticed. It seems twice he has answered her question, without giving her an answer at all. Though, to her, it seems as he didnt really care about what she thought. His eyes roamed the hall without even lingering a moment on her face to see her reaction to such a statment. Maybe he did have a scheme running in that mind of his. It was a moment later than he finally let his eyes return to her face. But that dashing smile had left him, only to be replaced with another smirk.

"But what, pray tell, is it that you wish to observe?" he asked, referring to what she herself had said only moments earlier. "My effect on the others here, or their effect on me? Are you hoping to see me buckle under the pressure of an entire room full of enemies, or attack the first fiend that comes close enough? Or is your wish simply to find out if I can hold a conversation without starting to spout promises of death, damnation and hell fire?"

He was a daring one. If only he could know what runs threw her mind. Of all the thoughts that she could possess, him being hurt wasnt one of them. Though it would be quite intertaning to see him battle with another. It probaly would shock him to know such a thing. She actually couldnt wait to see what would happen to him. There was no doubt in her mind that he would stand strong. Many will attack him, she only wished to see the happenings. Though if he rid of another kindred, she would be sure to return the favor.

With a wave of her hand she diss missed all what he said.
"I wish none of that. You are an intreging man. Why would I wish such harm on you? " then continued," Though I was most curious of the conversation." She said with a mischievous grin.

She looked past him to find people still staring at them and wispering. It was yet another thing that brought a smile to her lips. She also noticed Valerian and Vevilia dancing so gracously. It looked as though they just floated across the floor.

"Do you dance Adrien?"
Alchemist
#955 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 12:22 PM
Moira with Archon, Damian and Carissa at the Ball

Quite abruptly, the conversation was steered firmly away from the light hearted, though at times meaningless chit chat that often went on at such gatherings, a definite chill subduing the warmth of their surroundings: it was as though the lights shone dimmer than before, the dulcet tones of music growing remote. Nobody had displayed any outward hostility, and all feelings that the former hunter's presence had stirred in the undead hearts of those present were carefully hidden beneath painted smiles, but a careful observer could not miss the multitude of covert glances that followed Adrien de la Cour wherever he went: there was an almost palpable tension in the air that tingled Moira's Toreador senses like electricity that rippled through the air as heavy, dark clouds gathered in the sky: the calm before the storm.

What filled Moira with a certain amount of surprise was the fact that Adrien continued to stride confidently, not showing fear nor reacting to the metaphorical daggers some of those present sought to direct at his person: indeed, he became engaged in conversation with one dark haired woman with the ease of one who attended Kindred banquets every other night. No, he was adapting fast to his surroundings with the practiced ability of his former profession, all the more reason to keep a close watch on his doings from then on, Moira finding it fortunate that Damian shared her sentiments on the matter. She did not envy his position, as Prince he carried the responsibility of de la Cour on his shoulders regardless of his Clan affiliation, and should anything go amiss, all would turn to him to deal with the consequences.

"Sorry to butt in, simply had to greet Lord DeWinter here. Archon DeWinter, its an honor. Welcome back to Los Angeles."

Conversation was momentarily halted by the arrival of a young woman introduced by Archon as Carissa Vesilli of the Toreador Clan. Moira swept an appraising glance over her youthful frame, thinking just how young she looked, a little more than a girl. Of course, appearances were deceitful in their world, and that fresh faced teenage girl could have been as old as any in that ballroom, or a mere Neonate. Somehow though, Moira doubted it was the latter...she had the burden of many years etched in her features, and she carried herself with a kind of confidence that negated youth.

Lady Vesilli, a pleasure to make your acquaintance.”, Moira said softly, inclining her head in Carissa's direction, while the two men pulled the threads of their former topic of conversation together once again. A straight faced waiter in an impeccable tailed suit carrying a tray of crystal glasses approached, Moira's hand stretching out to retrieve one, bringing it to her lips and sipping a few drops of the excellent wine: one of the few mortal pleasures she still sampled.

"The Tremere have a vast responsibility" Archon commented wisely. "And no Kindred will let the suitable punishment serve as an excuse, should he rampage. Our safety is of higher order, than his penance. My sword will be ready.
And I do concur, Lady Sushill. He is a minor threat now, thus our vigilance is better served in the future. Although, we shall of course keep several eyes on him at all times. I merely suggest we let him squirm, and pay no other attention to him than that of watchmen. And we do have the best watchers, unknown to man. This hunter may very well be clever, but he will not be the last one standing."

“And I have no doubts whatsoever that vigilance will prevail. After all, he is alone now, cut away from his old contacts as well as from his new kin, much like a cornered animal. Dangerous as he might become, he stands no chance against our combined efforts, and I shall make sure I inform the London Primogen Council of this matter as soon as I return.”, Moira replied, glancing at them over the rim of her glass. All around them couples twirled gracefully as the small group of musicians performed one waltz after another. Moira perused the scene contently, taking in the wonderful rush of imagery it produced.

“But let us not stand here looking so grim”, she added with a wily smirk, her eyes glittering beneath thick lashes,“We would only be giving him what he wants, and this is, after all, a joyful occasion. Would you gentlemen like to dance? Lady Vesilli...?”

((ooc: If you want me to change that last bit let me know. I thought I'd change the setting a tinge =] ))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aeode and Andre - Club Envy

Aeode's heart hammered wildly against her chest, a painful whirl of emotions and memories rampaging through her mind: she remembered the moment when the masked attackers had descended upon the scene like faceless harbingers of death...for a few tense instants, silence had been utter and complete, almost deafening...and then, the screaming filled the night air, along with the mingled noise of trampling feet, thunderous gunshots, furniture being broken to pieces, as though hell itself had broken loose, belching forth an army of its demons bent on nothing but bloodshed.

"No Aeode, I'm not one of them. I know nothing of what happened to you or your family that night. I promise you, I would have done everything in my power to help you if I could have; but when the attacks started I lost track of you and your parents. I'm sorry, I didn't mean the question to come out like that. I lost track of you at the hospital until now and I only wanted to know what had happened to you after that night."

Blinking away the horrid images that flashed before her eyes as though a projector movie was being relentlessly played within her mind, Aeode focused her attention on Andre once again: lies, don't trust anything he says! her consciousness warned, stirring anger and resentment. It was difficult to keep the impulse that had governed her existence for so long at bay: never to trust, to always be on her guard. Constant vigilance, or death. Inhaling deeply, Aeode willed herself to calm, distancing her mind from that most dangerous of urges which threatened to overcome her consciousness, and think rationally for a moment: if Andre were one of the people involved in killing her family, why wait so long? He had had plenty of opportunities to strike, all he would have had to do is follow her the previous night and finish her off in one of the dark alleys she crossed to reach her apartment. A simple, clean job without the hassle of witnesses.

“Yes, I admit you don't have their style”, she said at last, her voice softening. “If I know anything about these people, which isn't much, is that subtlety isn't one of their virtues. I'm...sorry I overreacted, it's just...it's difficult to decide who's a friend or a foe.”

Aeode drew closer to Andre until they were in whispering range, grim determination etched on her pale features:

“Can I trust you to keep my identity secret? Aeode Mallard is a dangerous name to be bandied about in this city.”

They were attracting some unwanted attention from the nearby patrons, whose eyes moved from Aeode's bleeding hand to her constrained expression, muttering among themselves whether they should intervene.

“Do you mind taking a walk?” she asked Andre, eager to find a quiet spot before saying anything more.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Inventor
#956 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 6:27 PM
Andre deLucian and Aeode Mallard

“Yes, I admit you don't have their style”, she said at last, her voice softening. “If I know anything about these people, which isn't much, is that subtlety isn't one of their virtues. I'm...sorry I overreacted, it's just...it's difficult to decide who's a friend or a foe.”

Andre nodded his head slightly in sympathy. He knew the pain of loss and how hard it was to trust after those you love had been harmed. Aeode glanced warely around. “Can I trust you to keep my identity secret? Aeode Mallard is a dangerous name to be bandied about in this city.” She said. Andre could'nt help an ironic smile crossing his face. He of all people knew about secrets.

“Do you mind taking a walk?” Aeode whispered, glancing around again and moving closer to him. Quiet a few nosy club patrons were staring in their direction, at the pale gentleman with the long hair and the flame haired beauty with blood dripping slowly down her arm. "Of course." Andre answered, ushering her towards the door. "I'm sure we have quiet alot to talk about. But first, is your hand alright?"

OOC: I'll try for a longer one next time.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#957 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 11:35 PM
Default Adrien & Beyonca - the Ball
Even though he hadn't let his gaze rest on her for more than a split second after his statement that he would indeed remember her face, Adrien caught a glimpse of puzzlement in Beyonca's eyes, just as his own strayed to roam the crowded banqueting hall. And he was greatly satisfied. The blood coursing through his veins may be keeping him chained to his Elders wishes, restraining him from harming another Kindred, lest they harm him first. But the power of his words, no one could take away from him. Words were still his allies, now more than ever. With words alone, he could keep his enemies guessing, doubting, fearing, and paint pictures before their eyes, of how he would one day break free from these unholy chains and yet again become what he once was.
Or he could simply paint scenarios that would allow him the chance to analyze them analyzing him. Like now, when he had just described various reasons for Beyonca to observe him. Seeing her reaction to each possibility described left him with more clues of her motives than any simple, straight-forward question would have.
Slyly yet seemingly casually watching her face, her eyes in particular, he could see flickers of emotions within her; how the scenarios he'd given were playing out in her mind, and how neither one seemed to hit close to home.
And true enough, on the surface at least;

"I wish none of that", Beyonca said, waving her hand dissmissively. "You are an intriguing man. Why would I wish such harm on you? Though I was most curious of the conversation."

Ah, so right he was. That answer was not one he would've recieved, had he simply asked her what her motives were. However, that didn't mean he trusted the answers she gave, but it did give him something to work with. As did the impish smile she flashed him before turning her gaze away from him, much like he himself had done just moments ago.
It was an action that caused a faint smile to form on his lips as well, as he briefly mistook it for an attempt to mimic him. A smile that faded the moment she opened her mouth again, without looking at him, and thus caught him as close to off guard as one could.

"Do you dance Adrien?"

Silence.
At first, the Tremere Neonate simply looked at her, seeming as though he thought he must've heard her wrong. The words sent his mind reeling, questioning why on earth she would hint for him to ask her to dance, infront of everyone; her clan, her Primogen, even her Prince.
Then, his suspicious nature reared it's ugly head, and he snapped back to his usual, jaded self, blinking once and dispelling the bewildered look in that one bat of his eyes, replacing it with a somewhat leering smile.

"Am I to interpet that as an invitation?" he asked, raising his chin slightly as if challenging her, daring her to mock him. "Or merely just another question for the sake of observation?"

Truth be told, he was hoping it wasn't an invitation. The life he had lead the past century hadn't left him with many opportunities to dance. In fact... He couldn't remember dancing, this kind of dancing, since before he had even met Mina, over a hundred years ago.
Had it really been that long...?

(((ooc: Afraid I'll have to RP Damian tomorrow. Bed time. )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#958 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 4:29 AM
Default Bee and Adrien
Bee could just imagine the exspressions on faces as she danced with Adrien. If she danced with Adrien. She even woundered if she would be frowned upon for it. It isnt that she she took delight in dissapointing the kindred, but found it rather...intertaining? Even so, it wasnt the reason she asked him if he could dance. It was more for her own enjoyment. Watching Valerian and Vevilia dance, made her relize it had been way to many years since she has. And since she took it upon herself to talk to Adrien, she had a feeling no other would be so kind as to ask her.

Thought the look of puzzelment on his face made her very bones giggle with delight. He was rather shocked. Has she baffeled the hunter? Left him speechless? She figured he had no real desire to dance with her, but would he turn down the opportunity to see the shocked faces of the kindred?

"Am I to interpet that as an invitation?" he asked, raising his chin slightly as if challenging her, daring her to mock him. "Or merely just another question for the sake of observation?"

A sly smile spread on her face. Was he yet again questioning what was running threw her mind? Has he ever just once, relaxed and had a good time? Maybe this was just who he was. Always pondering the what was going to be thrown at him next. To him, there was always fine print to something. Something he couldnt see. It was probably what he as seen all his life. She had a feeling he would never just look at something and see just what was in front of him.

"I could say yes, it was an invitation, but then your decline would end in it being asked for an observation. Then again I could say it was an observation, and it would end in yet the same way. So really the answer to your own question will depend on the answer you give to mine."

She let her eyes move to the bodys the graced the floors. There wasnt a tension between them, just pure happiness. A will to be with someone at that very moment. Lucky for them there was someone to be there. It made her mind drift to her sire. The nights they did just that very thing. Laughter and pure joy was always between them. It made the longing and saddness for her pirk in her heart. She shook the thought off, determined to not let him see the pain that still lay in her. Now she meet his gaze yet again.

"But that isnt really what you wanted to ask, was it? You more want to know why I would ask? If it is so, then I have really answered that question already. I said I wish you no harm, so that would leave only one possible answer. I simply wanted to dance."

When remembering the eyes of others on them, she added," Now Adrien, I would think you a smart enough man to know all these things. I hope the lingering eyes havent clouded your judgment in anyway." Instead of smiling, now she just looked at him. There was no emotion in her exspression, just a smiple look.
Alchemist
#959 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 12:47 PM
Aeode and Andre - Outside Club Envy

"Of course. I'm sure we have quite a lot to talk about. But first, is your hand alright?"

Aeode examined the cut on her hand as though seeing it for the first time, all but forgotten in the previous whirlwind of emotion and memory rampaging through her mind. Aeode was accustomed to physical pain, having had plenty of it, this cut a mere scratch by comparison. It seared and throbbed, slightly numbing her arm, but it remained a negligible irritation. Raising a corner of the paper towel she had used to staunch the bleeding, Aeode was pleased to discover it was also very superficial and was closing up already.

“Yes, don't worry about it. Just a scratch. Trust me, I've had worse.” she said and irreverently dropped the towel into the first trash can they passed on their way out of the club. They took a few tentative steps towards the opening between two towering buttressed buildings which soared towards the overcast night sky, ignoring the musky smell of mould and decay. Aeode halted in a pool of uncertain light cast by a lampost across the pavement, wrapping her arms around her and studying Andre's face: having remembered dancing with him at the party, he was a bigger mystery than ever: who was he, in fact? Their guests had been either friends or aquaintances of her own, Thomas' or people somehow connected with her family, whose contacts had spanned the Globe, Aeode having had little knowledge of the details. In short, he could have been anyone.

“When they...captured me, they left me for dead,” she began, her voice growing soft and remote in an attempt to staunch a new wave of memories from intruding into the clarity of her thoughts. “I don't remember much after passing out, but I do recall...a face, more of a contour than clear features, but a face nonetheless, gazing down at me. They...did something to me, I know it, and must have been the one who brought me to the hospital, everyone else was either dead or fleeing for their lives... I could never track them down, and I do not remember details, or how I made such a quick recovery when the doctors expected me to die, so, Andre, I need to know: have you seen anything that night? Please, it's been haunting me for years.”

By the time she had hit the floor, Aeode was sure she was dead. She no longer even felt the pain of her brutal beatings, no, that only returned much later. The world was growing distant, all noise was being extinguished in her ears, and she could not see! Her eyes were wide open, but she saw only darkness. And then, an electrifying jolt shook her to the very core, invading her chilled limbs with a newfound warmth, quickening her slowing pulse. The veil of darkness lifted slightly from her eyes, revealing the shadowy silhouette crouching low over her, but the more Aeode strove to recall any distinctive features, the quicker images faded from view like the memory of a dream she could not place.

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#960 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 5:51 PM
Default Damian w/ Archon, Moira and Carissa
(((ooc: This RP night won't end tonight, as originally scheduled. At the moment, the new "deadline" is next Friday (Dec 21) instead, though I may end up prolonging it even more. However, if you guys want to move on sooner, or now even, let me know.)))

There was a brooding shadow spreading in the brightly lit room. A shadow that stole all mirth and friendliness from each set of eyes that followed what in mere minutes had become the biggest talk of this celebratory affair. A hushed whisper hanging in the air, a hiss born from loss and pain of many undead, unbeating hearts. The further Adrien moved into the room, the stronger it grew. Damian felt it, could hear it increasing until it was a silent yet deafening roar in his ears. Yet on the surface all was still, like a small lake during moonlit calm. But underneath, many battles were fought. Battles of will, self-restraint, urge and respect. No matter how desperately some wanted to take Adrien on, it seemed none wanted to disrespect the Prince, or Archon, by risking turning the evening into something entirely different than it had been meant to be.
Though Damian already had a creeping suspicion that this night would not go down in history as being the night of welcoming Archon back, but rather as the one where Adrien made his first public appearance in over a century, and as a Kindred no less. It was an experience far more harrowing than Archon's return was pleasant.
Damian himself was still watching him, studying him for the sake of learning about him. He was a firm believer of knowing his enemies, and if presented with an opportunity as excellent as this one, he would be sure to make good use of it.
And he had to hand it to Adrien. Despite the turmoil that must be raging within him, he exuded nothing of the sort. Only inner strength, pride and tenacity. He was knowingly walking a tightrope, with the skill of an exceptionally talented ballerina. Treading lightly yet confidently, trusting his instincts and reflexes to keep him from suddenly plummeting to his death.
No. Damian's words rung true. Adrien would not be easily broken.

A sudden presence beside them temporarily halted the conversation, and drew Damian's gaze to look at the new arrival instead. Ah, Carissa Vesilli, of the Toreador. A seemingly young woman, with a most modern vibrancy. If nothing else, her contemporary greeting was proof enough of that.

"Sorry to butt in, simply had to greet Lord DeWinter here", she said, and gave Archon a polite nod. "Archon DeWinter, its an honor. Welcome back to Los Angeles."

Normally he wouldn't accept to be overlooked like that, but as it was a party thrown by himself in Archon's honor, he was willing to be generous enough to make an exception.
Besides, Archon, being the well-mannered Ventrue he was, soon redeemed the situation by greeting her back and then swiftly moving on to introduce Damian, and then Moira. Though while Archon had greeted her with a gentleman's kiss upon her hand, and Moira greeted her with pleasant words, Damian simply settled for a gracious nod and a polite smile at the dark-haired Toreador belle. He himself didn't kiss the hand of just anyone, beautiful woman or not, nor did he reward such a lacking greeting by an exuberant one of his own.

"The Tremere have a vast responsibility", Archon said, picking up the previous discussion where they had left off. "And no Kindred will let the suitable punishment serve as an excuse, should he rampage. Our safety is of higher order, than his penance. My sword will be ready. And I do concur, Lady Sushill. He is a minor threat now, thus our vigilance is better served in the future. Although, we shall of course keep several eyes on him at all times. I merely suggest we let him squirm, and pay no other attention to him than that of watchmen. And we do have the best watchers, unknown to man. This hunter may very well be clever, but he will not be the last one standing."

For the briefest of moments, and so faintly no one would notice it had one not watched his face closely in order not to miss it, the shadow of a frown graced Damian's noble features. Archon did have a point, but it was one Damian didn't entirely share. Adrien would indeed not be the last one standing, but any loss of Kindred lives caused by him, would be a loss on their heads, for underestimating him. Archon and Moira were speaking of his failure, yet it seemed like they were forgetting their own. Every Kindred lost to his hands had been a failure by Kindred society to protect their own. And in his hunter days, he had claimed hundreds of Kindred lives, while they had merely claimed his only one.
The score was uneven, to say the least.

"And I have no doubts whatsoever that vigilance will prevail", Moira replied to Archon's statement. "After all, he is alone now, cut away from his old contacts as well as from his new kin, much like a cornered animal. Dangerous as he might become, he stands no chance against our combined efforts, and I shall make sure I inform the London Primogen Council of this matter as soon as I return."

'Dangerous as he might become'... Did they not see that he was dangerous enough as it was? Lonely, yes. A mere Neonate, yes. And true, he would not be the last one standing. But that was exactly what made him so dangerous. He was surely not expecting to live to see his mission fully accomplished, and so he was most likely not opposed to dying for his cause. Especially not if he could bring enough Kindred with him. And the fact of the matter was that they couldn't know for certain just how strong the Tremere blood bond was.
Damian did not doubt that the Tremere were careful and took every precaution necessary to keep him restrained. But he refused to allow himself to forget that Adrien had fooled Kindred before, and he had done is so well that he had even managed to manipulate them into killing a Methuselah for him. And after his cover had been compromised, he vanished from the face of the earth, and eluded the Kindred for over a century, all the while killing them, one after another.
No, Adrien was no 'minor threat'. As a human, or rather a dhampir, he had been a force to be reckoned with, and now that he was Kindred, he was more so than ever. A mere whelp or not.
It wasn't that Damian was afraid of him, or even particularly nervous. A knight, a military leader in the Hundred Years war, he had purged himself of all fear of his enemies. But not his respect. He would rather overestimate an enemy and prevail, than underestimate them and suffer defeat. Thus, he now saw reasons to be concerned, and the fact that his fellow Kindred did not, was what concerned him the most. And it wasn't just Archon and Moira. Moments ago, Damian had spotted Beyonca talking to Adrien. Not sneering at him, not glowering, but simply talking, as if Adrien was just any new acquaintance.
Needless to say, he was far from pleased, as the actions of any Ventrue reflected on the clan as a whole, and the Prince and Primogen especially. Beyonca talking to Adrien in such a manner could lead the ignorant to believe the Ventrue welcomed him.
However, Damian would leave it for Archon to deal with. Now that he was back, once again filling the position of Ventrue Primogen, Damian didn't have to spend his precious time scolding misbehaving childer. Though he did glance over at Archon in order to exchange a look of understanding, but just as he did, his attention was caught by Moira's voice when once again she spoke, this time in a far more light-hearted tone.

"But let us not stand here looking so grim. We would only be giving him what he wants, and this is, after all, a joyful occasion. Would you gentlemen like to dance? Lady Vesilli...?"

At that, Damian decided to put the matter of Adrien de la Cour and Beyonca aside. For now. He trusted that Archon had observed the conversation between the two as well, and that he wasn't any less bothered by it than Damian was. And so instead of repeating the glance in his loyal friend's direction, he allowed his lips to part in one of his dashing smiles, while inclining his head slightly in approval of Moira's suggestion. There was other, more pleasant yet no less important business to attend to this evening, and Moira had just presented him with an opportunity.

"Of course", he said, and made a slight bow. "Lady Sushill, will you do me the honor of accompanying me on the dance floor?"

Despite Archon's apparent interest in the London Toreador Primogen, Damian decided that it was her company he would currently seek. It was, after all, only most appropriate for the Prince to be the first to invite their foreign guest to a dance. Although, as was mostly the case with Damian, he did have a few ulterior motives as well.

(((ooc: XsnowdropX - Nevermind Damian. He's a snob, and a bit full of himself.
Adrien coming later. Need a breather.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#961 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 10:02 PM
Default Adrien & Beyonca
(((ooc: Sorry for the double post, but they were both so long that posting them together would've made one massive post.)))

The smile that presented itself on Beyonca's lips at his question, made Adrien even more wary than before. The slight upturning of the corners of her mouth was one of deceit and treachery, in his eyes. But the nature of her deception, he could not pinpoint. She didn't control the conversation in the way that one would try to do when attempting to maneuver someone into a position that left them exposed to mockery. Nor was there malice in her remarkable eyes, leaving no sign of an intent to harm.
Quite frankly, it left him somewhat thrown, as he didn't understand her. Was it possible that her only drive was curiosity? But why, then, would she indirectly ask him to dance? She had to be aware that if talking to him wasn't sure to get her into trouble with her peers, dancing with him would. Was she willing to risk that, all for the sake of examining him?

"I could say yes, it was an invitation," she said, seeming rather amused by the heedful look in his eyes, that he assumed was partially shining through his mask of arrogance. "But then your decline would end in it being asked for an observation. Then again I could say it was an observation, and it would end in yet the same way. So really the answer to your own question will depend on the answer you give to mine."

Well played. He had to give her that. She was learning, and she was learning fast. Now she was conducting much the same game of words he was, replying without answering, simply handing the question back for her opponent to decide the response.
Interesting.

"But that isnt really what you wanted to ask, was it?", she said, looking back at him after once again letting her eyes roam the surroundings.

Adrien himself, however, was now keeping his penetrating eyes focused on her, still watching, still analyzing, his mind always working behind that cool, calm exterior of his.

"You more want to know why I would ask?" Beyonca continued, drawing another smirk from his lips as she proved herself capable of reading between the lines. "If it is so, then I have really answered that question already. I said I wish you no harm, so that would leave only one possible answer. I simply wanted to dance."

Now that caused a low chuckle to slip through Adrien's lips, so pale they almost took on a bluish tint. He didn't feed often. Only when he felt the Beast begin tugging at his self-control, reminding him of what would happen if he did not steal the blood of a human being. He hated the process, was sickened by it, nauseated even, and so would only feed when he found it absolutely necessary. Plus, rarely feeding often left him with too little blood to be made a target of the Tremere Thaumaturgy, as using it on him would risk killing him. And he was well aware that they did not wish him to be let off the hook that easily. Thus, his skin was rarely flushed by the color of the living, but instead looking as cool to the touch as marble.
Though now, when his Embrace was no longer a secret, and Kindred would soon start to seek him out, he would have to feed more often. No matter how much he loathed it, he could not afford to leave himself all too vulnerable to the pending attacks.

However, the chuckle soon died down, and he merely looked at her with amusement. She had said she 'simply' wanted to dance. From his experience, there was never anything remotely 'simple' about Kindred intentions. And while Beyonca claimed that was the only possible answer, Adrien himself could think of many, many other ones. None of them simple.

"Now Adrien, I would think you a smart enough man to know all these things", Beyonca added, perhaps in an attempt to make him question his own suspicion. "I hope the lingering eyes havent clouded your judgment in anyway."

At first, Adrien still only looked at her, clearly entertained by the conversation, and seemingly weighing his options. Surely she must be aware of what she would be risking by being seen dancing with him. Was she just looking to stir things up, to cause a minor scandal? Well, if that was the case, then why should he deny her? It would be interesting to see the consequences, to see someone such as her fall from grace because of him?
And even if she wasn't aware of the turbulence she would cause, getting her into trouble might be a great deal of fun.
But still, being a rusty dancer, the risk of looking like a fool infront of all these people when he was trying to carry himself with pride, didn't really appeal to him all that much.

"One would think it was your judgement being clouded, as it is quite an ironic offer", he said, a smirk still curving his lips. "Dancing is an act of joy. And joy, I have none. Your kind have made sure of that. Thus, I find it most ironic for one of you to invite me to participate in such an act."

With that he inclined his head in a slight bow of courtesy, as if to give her a proper but very polite rejection.

"I'm afraid I must indeed decline", he said.

But as he straightened himself and gazed at her, something new appeared in his green-tinged pools of dark umber. A jesting glimpse, a spark of dangerous mischief, and before she knew it he drew closer, until they were seperated by mere inches.

"However", he added, with a look of incitement in his penetrating eyes. "If a closer look was what you wanted, then now is your chance."

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Inventor
#962 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 11:15 PM
“When they...captured me, they left me for dead,” she began, her voice growing soft and remote in an attempt to staunch a new wave of memories from intruding into the clarity of her thoughts. “I don't remember much after passing out, but I do recall...a face, more of a contour than clear features, but a face nonetheless, gazing down at me. They...did something to me, I know it, and must have been the one who brought me to the hospital, everyone else was either dead or fleeing for their lives... I could never track them down, and I do not remember details, or how I made such a quick recovery when the doctors expected me to die, so, Andre, I need to know: have you seen anything that night? Please, it's been haunting me for years.”

Aeode stared at him imploringly, and Andre knew that this must have been haunting her for years. He hated to see her so much at the mercy of his response, but would it really be any better for her to know the truth? Andre reached an arm out gently to grasp Aeode's elbow. She shivered slightly under his touch and Andre had to fight the urge to recoil. It's just the cold he told himself. Licking his lips nervously he spoke, being careful to keep his voice low. " I know the woman who saved you, her name is Jessica. She-" The word Vampire hovered on his lips for a moment. No, it wasn't his reveal. "You'll have to find her if you want to know any more." He muttered quickly.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#963 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 11:16 PM
(((Oh christ, Penny. I hope you realize he just majorly violated the Masquerade? Damian would have his head if he found out. Both for telling her he's a vampire, and for telling a secret that is not his to tell. He doesn't even know if Jessica wants Aeode to find out. Plus, how can he possibly know it was Jessica, or that it was even a vampire? Aoede doesn't know, and she's being very vague...? Unless he witnessed it all, of course.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Alchemist
#964 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 12:03 AM
((Atropa, in a PM exchange Penny and I did agree Andre had witnessed the scene when Jessica fed Aeode her blood, to explore in the future (since he had been a guest at her party)...but not that he would tell her the truth...I don't wanna get him in trouble, lol, or my character killed, though now that I think of it it could have some interesting RP value...but that would have to be discussd and agreed upon between ourselves and Penny and Elektra/Jessica...))

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#965 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 12:14 AM
(((ooc: Alright for the part with him knowing it was Jessica, but judging by this and this post, Jessica doesn't want to be discovered, which means that Andre takes matter very much into his own hands by telling Aoede it was Jessica. It's not for him to tell.
And even if it was, simply telling a woman whom he only met the night before that he and Jessica are vampires is just... a death sentence, plain and simple. For him and Aoede both.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#966 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 6:25 AM
Default Bee and Adrien
Beyonca could feel Adrians eyes burn to her core. They never once swayed from her. Even when she wasnt looking at him, she could feel him, like he was trying to penetrate her mind. Examine her, see wether she speaks truth or not. It didnt surprise her in the least. It was to be exspected of him. He didnt know what lies in her mind. What secrets she holds to herself. Ands truths unspoken yet.

Even though he has suspisions of her, Bee could see he was quite amused with her. It could have been the chuckle he actually let exscape him or even the way he looked at her afterword, that lead her to that decision. But it was more probable that it looked as thought he was actually considering dancing with her. She had exspect him to turn her down right away and not think twice of it. Apparentally he is enjoying himself.

"One would think it was your judgement being clouded, as it is quite an ironic offer", he said, a smirk still curving his lips. "Dancing is an act of joy. And joy, I have none. Your kind have made sure of that. Thus, I find it most ironic for one of you to invite me to participate in such an act."

My kind, It was toying in her head, had he not exceped that it was his kind as well. He was actually no different from her anymore. No doubt he dispised the ways. But it was his ways now. Not only hers.

"I'm afraid I must indeed decline", he said.

He didnt fail to politely nodd his head while declining. It was yet another thing that amused her. He was showing her manners. But her amusement didnt last long. Another thing took place in him. He was looking at her different. Mischief took hold of him and it shown threw his eyes. She looked at him questionly but didnt have time to say a word before he was just inches form her. He had move in a blink of an eye. Shock took over her. Her eyes widen. Her amber eyes glowed but was quickly replace by anger. What was he thinking? How dare he. Has he no respect in him? If not for her, but for the Prince. His head could be taken for this.

"However", he added, with a look of incitement in his penetrating eyes. "If a closer look was what you wanted, then now is your chance."

He was daring her. Encouraging her to do something. But what? There is kindred all around them. What could possible be running threw his mind. Was he trying to embarrass her or break her. Make her stumble with fear at his feet and infront of the other kindred. If that was it, he would not accomplish it. Bee stood her ground, not even flinching.

"You are quite daring Adrien. I need not a closer look at you." She let her eyes stare into his as did he in her own.

"Is this a game you are playing? See if I will tremble with fear and fall before everyone? You are forgetting I am a Ventrue. I coward before no one. Not even you Adrien de la Cour."

Anger raged in her more as she thought of it. It felt as thought someone had lite a fire under her. Heat raged threw her. She tighten her fist in to keep herself from slapping him right there.

"Maybe it is a death wish you have. I have told you I wish not to harm you, but you are now walking a fine line. You are sure to know that you have given even more insentive for the kindred to want you dead."

She broke her stare to look him up in down in discust, but then a sly smile spread on her lips. Her body let go of some tension. Even her fists uncurled. Her eyes moved back to meet his. A smirk on her face.

"Or maybe it has nothing to do with what I want. But rather you. Has something spiked your intrest? Is there some unspoken wish you have?"
Alchemist
#967 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 10:37 AM
((ooc: Atropa, I'll PM Penny about it and see how we can work this out.))

Moira with Damian, Archon and Carissa - the Ball

Like the ominous shadow of a sleepless malice, a chill spread through the brightly festive ballroom, invading every nook and cranny, casting a bleak reflection of the effect Adrien de la Cour's presence had, and was causing amongst the Kindred present. It seemed, the longer he lingered there, the stronger that unspoken, feral drive grew into everyone's hearts, the desire to end him then and there, much like the Beast coiling into what remained of their souls, always rattling the bars of its metaphorical cage, poised to leap forth and devour their dwindling humanity.

Moira felt the changes acutely, fitted as she was with the sharp awareness of her Clan: it was no longer a party, despite the guests' efforts to maintain the illusion: it was a silent game of cat and mouse, ancient enemies matching their wits against eachother, neither willing to take a step back, only push forward, testing that imaginary yet so real line between passive and active aggressiveness. For it was evident even to the most dull witted of all kindred: aggressiveness brewed in that room, simmered in anger and resentment, seasoned with the longing for revenge.

A nefarious flame flickered in Moira's eyes as she swept a glance across the room, where de la Cour still conversed with the brunette she did not know, now mere inches away from eachother as though about to share a kiss. Now that, would indeed outrage everyone, the Primogen mused and the flame kindled in her eyes. But no, their grim expressions suggested something else – something that appeared to stir emotions in them both. Moira wondered idly what it could be, but her thoughts were interrupted by the Prince's response to her previous suggestion:

"Of course. Lady Sushill, will you do me the honor of accompanying me on the dance floor?"

“With pleasure, Milord”, Moira answered and nodded a temporary goodbye to Archon and Carissa. Graciously extending a thin arm gloved in the softest of black satin, her fingers clasped Damian's hand as they left the sidelines and joined the other couples on the dancefloor. In one fluid movement, the Toreador adjusted her lithe frame into the customary waltz stance, lush copper curls bouncing lightly on her shoulders as she did so, waiting for Damian's first step that would commence their dance. She welcomed the opportunity to better know the Prince of Los Angeles; she had heard rumours, of course, but Moira relished her own observations, especially in the light of recent events. All Princes had the ability to appear majestic leaders in quiet times, but it was the turmoil that brought out the interesting characteristics in each person.

“I must admit, Lord Alexander, you organize quite the interesting events,” she commented softly, not for once gazing at Adrien and his companion: they danced in plain view then, and did not wish to communicate to de la Cour that even when sharing a brief waltz, others could not shift their attention from him. “If half the affairs in Los Angeles hold similar revelations, I will be tempted to stay longer, after all, they do say the New World holds a wealth of opportunities.”

It was more than an idle comment from Moira's part, and she trusted the Prince had the wit to read between the lines, that she had not come there to lounge about her expensive hotel room or sight see: since she had lost her Muse, a void in her Toreador soul which nothing had ever come close to filling, Moira had dedicated herself to other...ventures, and welcomed new opportunities as diligently as any Ventrue.

Inventor
#968 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 6:20 PM
Ghanima and Atropa: I've PM'd you both to try and work this out, sorry for any miscommunication...
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#969 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 12:33 AM
Default Adrien & Beyonca / Damian & Moira - dancing
(((ooc: Geez, you guys. Where IS everyone? For the past few days there's been like only 5 of us RPing... I know veldagia and skylark have other things right now, and Psyche's been working... but still.... trampled, Isley, Elektra, msp_teen... omarion, sapphireXclaws... where IS everyone?)))

ADRIEN & BEYONCA:

In the bat of an eye, in the split second it had taken the former hunter to draw closer to the daring Ventrue, the air in the banqueting hall had suddenly changed, thickened with anticipation and eagerness to see him lay a finger on her, and her strike him down, to crush him, and make him regret ever setting his wretched foot at this ball. There had been one big, almost inaudiable gasp in unison, and now, it seemed everyone around them was holding the breath they no longer possessed, awaiting Beyonca's reaction.
Adrien could sense it, better than anyone. Standing so close to her, he could feel the very air around her pulsating with raging emotions, feelings that claimed every part of her. Her eyes, shooting fire and brimstone, and her stance, with the tension of a wildcat ready to pounce.
It satisfied him greatly to know that his brazen act hadn't failed to stir something within her. But what satisfied him even more, was knowing that his presence was now felt throughout the room, dominating, challenging even the virile, electrifying presence of the Prince, or that of the two strikingly magificent Toreador dancing, seemingly oblivious to the ongoings around them. He had proven to himself, and the Kindred, that he still had the potential to be their worst nightmare. The wise would not rest easy, knowing he was around.
The mere thought of it turned the bitter defeat of being forced to come here, into sweet, sweet victory. He would've even laughed out loud, had he not been determined to keep his focus on Beyonca, refusing to let her take him by surprise, should she choose to strike. He had caught the glimpse of pure, gratifying shock darting across her features, and the way her eyes had widened with delightful horror as his presence forced itself on her senses. And then... Ah yes, there it was. The look of anger and disgust, flooding those amber crystalline orbs of hers. All along he had known it was there, underneath all her layers of amusement and curiosity. And he had successfully made her reveal herself.

"You are quite daring Adrien", she said, now staring firmly into his eyes without faltering. "I need not a closer look at you."

Those were words that coaxed his lips into yet another smug smile, though it was more of a slight tug at the corners of his mouth, a mere shadow, than a full-on smile.
Of course she didn't want the kind of closer look this intimate proximity offered. It had never been her wish to be so very near him. It had all just been a trick, an excuse to suck him in.
Yes, with such an obvious aversion to being close to him, her 'wish' to dance had now been exposed as nothing but the setup he had suspected it to be. Her 'simple' reason for inviting him to share a waltz with her had indeed not been so 'simple' after all.

"Is this a game you are playing?" she asked indignantly. "See if I will tremble with fear and fall before everyone? You are forgetting I am a Ventrue. I coward before no one. Not even you Adrien de la Cour."

Anger filled her voice more and more with every word. He could almost hear it tremble with her effort to stay in control of her temper. She even made a fist of her delicate hand, as though the nails digging into her flesh would help her mind to keep it's clarity and stop it from being overcome by the scarlet clouds of rage.

"Maybe it is a death wish you have", she challenged him. "I have told you I wish not to harm you, but you are now walking a fine line. You are sure to know that you have given even more insentive for the kindred to want you dead."

An elegant, ebony eyebrow danced upwards, in a look of innocence, a silent 'Why, whatever do you mean?'. After all, he hadn't actually done anything. He hadn't struck her, he hadn't pushed her, he hadn't even verbally offended her. Quite the contrary really. He had been very polite.
He was, however, very well aware that this was exactly why their desire to see him in pain would be growing. He was daring them, or in this case daring Beyonca, in an obvious way. Yet it was a way too subtle to lay the foundation of a death sentence. The Prince would not give his permission for anyone to kill Adrien simply because he was being a little physically intrusive, now would he?
Still, he said nothing of these facts, but instead remained silent, watching as her reaction came full circle; her gaze broke from his to wander his appearance, looking much as though she was inspecting a most distasteful work of art. When once again it returned to lock with his, the tension had seeped out of her body, and that same sly smile that had graced her lips before was returning.

"Or maybe it has nothing to do with what I want", she smirked. "But rather you. Has something spiked your intrest? Is there some unspoken wish you have?"

Another soft chuckle emitted from Adrien's throat at such a question. Was she trying to provoke him, or was she simply flattering herself, Ventrue that she was? How truely dissapointed she would be to know that he wasn't going to give her anger, nor flattery. He had held only one interest in her, and that interest had now been laid to rest, with the revelation of the true nature of her invitation for him to ask her to dance.

"A true Ventrue indeed", he said, and even though the words rang of approval, there was a sarcasm lacing them, that left them sounding more like a degratory statement, almost as if he was ackowledging seeing in her every single stereotypical Ventrue characteristic. ""Indeed it was a game. But not one aiming to have you tremble and cower infront of your peers. Though wouldn't it have been nice if you did?"

For a brief moment, a look of amusement flitted across his face. Then, he slowly let his gaze drop along her body, caress every curve revealed in her elegant dress, mimicing the way mortal men usually drank in her appearance. Yet when it returned to her face, there was nothing of desire or lust in his eyes. Only mischievous smugness, and cold diabolism.

"No", he said. "You no longer possess anything I desire. What I wanted, you have already given."

With the last few words leaving his lips, a gentle motion raised his hand to her face, almost as if he was about to let his knuckles brush against her cheek in a soft caress, thanking her for her naivity. But at the last moment he stopped himself, and the playful yet faintly sinister smile that slid across his lips as his arm dropped back to rest at his side, let her know that he had never intended to touch her in the first place.
Which was probably why his next action came as such a surprise. Without another word, he simply walked away, moving past her with a forceful grace that even though he didn't dodge her to avoid knocking her over, didn't leave her bumped into, but rather simply brushed against.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

DAMIAN & MOIRA:

Once having decided to currently leave Adrien to his fate, and Beyonca to be dealt with by Archon, Damian needed only moments to shake the mental wariness that had shrouded his mind since Adrien's appearance, and return to his usual manners as the noble and gracious host. The Toreador gliding beside him as he cleared a path onto the dance floor simply by striding forward with his ever purposeful steps, was a guest in his city, and a prominent one at that. She was to be treated like nothing less. And, he had to admit, even after only such a brief conversation, she had left him feeling intrigued in a way few Toreador had ever managed to do. Always putting business before pleasure, Damian had a tendency to be annoyed by their ways, by their constant swooning over this and that of little importance to him. Although, despite his impatience with the dreaminess that would so often lure their attention away into a distance far from the current subject matter, there were times when he could appreciate them. Most of them did hold a beauty that would have even the most jaded pair of eyes sparkle with appreciation, and their passion would at times bring memories of mortal existence to life. They never did fail to entertain him.
Provided that he was in the mood for their antics, of course.

This one, however.... Moira Sushill.... She seemed to seperate herself from the sea of dreamers. While she did possess their perpetual air of elegance and charisma, she also seemed a bit more of a realist than the average Toreador. A sensible woman, with both feet planted firmly on the ground instead of having her head up in the clouds. Beauty, and brains, with an undeniable and strong dash of will-bending allure.
To Damian, it was a most appealing and promising concept, and he would be sure to make the most of the opportunity her presence in his city, and currently his arms, posed.

"I must admit, Lord Alexander, you organize quite the interesting events," she said, her voice flowing softly from her lips as he guided her gracefully across the floor with a firm hand on her back. "If half the affairs in Los Angeles hold similar revelations, I will be tempted to stay longer, after all, they do say the New World holds a wealth of opportunities."

Not once did she let her eyes decieve her, by glancing in a direction that would reveal to others of what she spoke. But then again, she didn't have to. Damian, as her conversational partner, already knew, and everyone else had no business knowing.
His first response was a low, lapping chuckle that rumbled softly from deep within his throat, and a charming smile parted his lips, softening the usual, hardened cold in his eyes.

"You have indeed chosen to join us in the most interesting of times", he said.

And, never being one to waste time when opportunity presented itself, he soon continued, since she had offered him the perfect cue for asking the first thing on the list of what he wished to know about her. Why, judging by her choice of words, she was looking to venture down a quite similar path herself.

"How long, if I may ask, will we have the pleasure of your company?"

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#970 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 1:45 AM
Default Archon DeWinter & The Prince & Moira Sushill & Carissa Vesilli - The Ball
#13 [Sixth Night]

An important part of being a Ventrue was the search for perfection. The degrees of the efforts varied, but they all had the need to some extent. Archon was no exception. To the contrary. He revelled in it, found joy in the cold skills most useful to a great business man. He never grew tired, he never thought himself to be finished with the task. There was no end to it, the vastness of perfection was vider than eternity itself.
In his long journey through the ages, he had learned a great deal about himself. He knew his own character in a way no kine man ever could, and he had used his time well. When others did not challenge him, he himself did instead. Both for the passion of knowledge, and for remaining alert. When in the world of the one's with still hearts, one could never escape being surprised, but one could train for the occasions. Regardless of the situation, the reaction in the body was almost always the same.

It had been a surprise to Archon, to learn about the hunter's fate, as well as to have him present at the ball. A big surprise. Not only because of the fitting punishment, but also the fact that someone finally tracked down Adrien de la Cour and caught him. And instead of killing him, a most cunning revenge had taken form, and would last as long as Adrien and the Kindred did not get sidetracked. This was not just a revenge, it was also a temptation. It was like dangling a piece of fresh meat in the midst of wolves, asking the wolves to behave. This was the upperhand given to the hunter, and the fact of the matter that did far from please any of them. Most cruel. But when the ways of kine men were complicated, the ways of Kindred men were labyrinthine.
While fear struck many guests at the banquet, it did not strike Archon. He did have respect for the hunter and he knew he would most likely have his hands full if they should ever end up in a battle, mano a mano. And even if he knew Adrien would not survive the Kindred society, should violence occur, he could not be sure he himself would outlive the hunter. He knew of Adrien, and he would remember Damian's words. No one should think too highly of themselves, regarding the ability of the hunter. None the less, Archon was not scared, even if he would not underestimate the deathdealer. Death did not instill fear in him, whether it was threatened to be caused by one of his own, the kine or a Dhampir gone Kindred. It was Archon's fortune, as well as a trickery. Fear heightened the senses, made the blood rush and the mind sharp. Thus he had been forced to make this happen in the absence of fear; instead he had to be more aware when he should be on his toes, watching his back. He did not want his bravery to be his downfall. But other emotions replaced the common fear, such as ill will. And Archon knew himself well.

Even if the hunter did not present him with fear, he did take part in the creation of other emotions. Anger was soon to fill the Primogen, anger entailed with the grim sense of betrayal. What did his eyes take in, if not the hunter and one of his own. His very own. Not just Kindred, but also Ventrue. A fellow clan mate had taken it upon herself to approach Adrien, to break the numbing ice between him and everyone else who had said their goodbye's to the sun. The audacity. The lack of respect. So untrue to Ventrue behaviour, that Archon had a hard time bringing anything to mind from the past, that could challenge it in it's dishonor. Though he could think of a few things, he did not find them suitable to compare. This was a situation that was one of a kind. Never before had a hunter joined their immortal nights, therefore no one had had the opportunity to make such a dauntless move. Did Beyonca indeed find great amusement in spreading bad blood among them? Her Primogen could not be sure. She did have a Ventrue mind, there was no doubt she knew her choice did not sit well with the others. What ever could her reason be? Did they fill her with a need to offend them, or did she simply take pleasure in adding herself into the hunter's historical entrance in their world of the phoenix?
She should be on her best behaviour, after being sent before the Prince, and there redeem herself to the point that falling on her knees would have been redundant. Archon had learned of both her mistake, and her good judgement in repairing the damage she had caused, and he had felt proud of her ability to make amends.
Another surprise this evening, that was supposed to be in his honor. Though he had to surrender to the fact that his return to the city held little in comparision to the revelation of Adrien de la Cour. But this did not bother him, when faced with a Ventrue Ancilla that brought shame to his clan, and clearly did not have anything left of her former respect for her Primogen. Would Archon ever dare to leave his domain again? But it did not matter how hard he ruled, if a Kindred indeed decided to divert from their noble path. He could do no more than what he had already done. Except to answer. And answer he would. But not now, not tonight. He remained what he was; a highborn Ventrue that only sank deeper into his patrician descent when presented with such a disgrace.

And to add to the irony of a member of the leading clan greeting the hunter; Archon was prepared to forgive Beyonca for her trespass against his dear friend Valerian. The gracious host of The Haven had managed to cool Archon's temper, regarding Beyonca's mistake. Archon had planned to of course first listen to her explanation, but he had had every intention of forgiving her, especially since the Prince already had. Forgivness was not in Archon's first nature, nor in his second - if even in his nature at all. Oh well. It did linger somewhere back in his minds, as he was not totally devoid of mercy. He did expect more from his fellow Ventrue, but he also had a special place for them in his heart. Though for this one; her special place did not reside in his heart, but in a corner of his mind, where all his hatchets never got buried.

Although Archon's mind did not welcome the vision of Beyonca and Adrien, his gaze upon them did not stay. It merely glanced over them, as he did not wish for his displease to be evident. Of course, both targets of his contempt knew he would not be happy, but the last thing he wanted was for the hunter to revel in it. Not even when he caught a glimpse, in the corner of his eye as he turned away, of the two inches away from each other, did he blink. There would be no reaction from him, he would deal with Beyonca in due time. Until then, he needed to calm down.

"...and I shall make sure I inform the London Primogen Council of this matter as soon as I return", Moira concluded next to him.

Archon did listen, and though he did not respond to her words, he had taken notice. The London council was indeed as noble as one could presume, but they did not have the matter dire at hand. The L.A. council and their supreme Prince did. All the words in exchange did not change the core, the center of their problem, as it appeared to Archon. Adrien was a hunter, yes. And now a Kindred, indeed. And to underestimate him would be unwise, absolutley. Though the core of their fiendish predicament was this; their very own undead bretheren was, figurativley speaking, drawn to Adrien as moths to a flame. Not to burn by his touch alone, but to put themself in the line of fire. Everyone was fighting the urge to draw his blood until he was dry, rip his heart from his chest. Some more than others, and a few was obviously drawn to him in a different manner. As Beyonca so obliviously prooved.

Adrien was not simply a killer. He was a wolf in the clothes of a wolf, yet appealing like a sheep. And they were lambs to the slaughter, if they did not watch themselves.

Archon met Roe's eyes, and gave him a soft smile. His loyal companion looked like he was about to implode, due to the presence of the hunter. Having the Beast closer than any other clan, he had to fight it harder. He needed to be with his kind now, and with them command the Beast. Archon's smile followed with a nod, and he sent his cane through the air, the little distance between them, for safe keeping. Roe catched it, nodded as well and then he left his choosen Sire. This many vampires at one place was too many vampires anyway, in Roe's regard. If he should stay, he would do so in a corner where he did not feel surrounded. What ever he chose, he would not leave Archon behind, but keeping near the premises.
Having released Roe from being a silent bystander, Archon tried to catch the gaze of his Prince, but he was intervened by Moira's invitation to dance. Archon so wanted to speak to his blood brother, they had so many things to discuss. Already in the end of his journey, Archon had many things to share and to tell, but from now on the hunter would surley be on the mind of them both. He had to wait, there was neither time nor a place for them to exchange words to be heared by no one.
Since Damian took the opportunity to ask Moira to dance, Archon turned to Carissa. He was not disappointed he had not been the one to take Moira up on her offer, although her Toreador nature as well as her personal had spoken to him when they first met. He could simply not deny his Prince the pleasure. Further more, even if any given Toreador stood the chance of charming him, there was only one that had the chance of appealing closer. Right now she was in the arms of another, and that was just the way it should be. He treated her like anyone else. Like no one in particular, like one of many. No one would be the wiser. Not even Damian, or Roe.
He had seen her, during the conversation, moving across the dance floor accompanied by Valerian as if they were one and the same. She looked like a Snow Queen, attired in a dress seemingly made from snow flakes of silk, floating effortless over the floor, as if she did not even touch it. Vevila van Roemer. He did not stand a chance.

Instead, he offered his hand to the lovely Carissa Vesilli, with a slight bow that was more like a polite nod. They had never danced, mostly because Archon was not the one to frequently rise to such occasions. Even though he had been taught well and was a strong leader, and enjoyed it at times. He was a gentleman, hailing from traditions and etiquettes bestowed only upon the best. To him, asking Carissa to dance was expected, and also rather interesting as it would tell him more about her. Just as he learned a great deal when he watched others dance.

"Lady Vesilli", he said with a gentle smile. "I would be honored if you would join me in this delightful waltz."

((( ooc: innoscenteyes - Hey you... I like Beyonca's bold move, but Archon doesn't. Feel free to hate him. Do tell me if I have written something you object to. )))

((( ooc: I will try and have an RP for Carmilla up tomorrow.

EDIT - I wont be able to post tonight, since I got home too late. But hopefully I will post tomorrow night. Thankfully, I am not holding up anyone. )))
#971 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 2:43 AM
Default Bee
Adrien looked all to please with the way she had responded to him. It was something that settled bad in her. He thought he had won a battle between them, and he hadnt. She didnt hate him or dispise him. He hadnt put any fear in her at all. Though fear was reaking from the kindred who stared at them. It felt like most of the kindred at the ball had eyes on them.

After he had brushed her upon leaving, a smile grew on her face. This wasnt going to be the last they saw of eachother. That, Bee was definate of. Her eyes didnt stray to the crowd as she herself started walking away. She grabbed her shaw and left out the back. It suddenly felt like to many people were in there. Embarrasment or fear didnt make her leave, she only needed to clear her mind. Adrien was still in her thoughts. His smell and features still linger threw her. It was something she wish to rid herself of.

She stood in the back alley and closed her eyes. The darkness surrounded her. The nights chill lingered on her. Now her only wish was that she could take a breath. To feel the cool air in her lungs. It was something she so passiontely missed. The anger and rage had left her now, and she feeled somewhat empty.

Now nothing lingerd in her but stillness, a calm mind. Abruply her mind thought of walking back in, but she stayed a while. Letting her body rest against a wall. And out of no where a chuckle excaped her. She couldnt help it. It was all so funny now.

There isnt a question in her mind that he had no desire to touch her, that is why he didnt succeed in hurting her feelings in anyway. Actually nothing he had done disapointed her at all. His actions did shock her to say the least. But now, she was more amused than ever.

((ooc: She is approachable outside. Psyche - I was exspecting him to hate her for this. So I am not surprised by it. Everything you posted is fine with me ))
Test Subject
#972 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 2:48 AM
((#1: *jumps infront of Atropa* I'm Here! I had to bring up my grades, so the RP wasn't exactly my first priority
#2: I gave Penny the go ahead to for Andre to tell Aeode about Jess. I hope this wasn't all my fault....I truly apologize for all of that if it was.
#3: I'm back and Holiday Vaycay starts Thurs. so I will Definitly be on more (hopefully, unless my report card decides to suprise me)
#4: Is there any open coverstion spots where Jess could jump in??))
Inventor
#973 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 2:58 AM
I changed my post (#966) some, sorry for any upset or misunderstanding over it...

On another note, I might be gone for a little while. I've been kinda busy and I get even less free time closer to christmas.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#974 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 5:11 AM
(((ooc: Elektra - Well, it's like I told Penny; even if she has your blessing, it doesn't mean that Andre's got Jessica's. Judging by posts you've made earlier, Jessica doesn't seem to want Aoede to find out, which means it's still not Andre's secret to tell. AND telling Aoede he's a vampire would be a serious breach of the Masquerade, as that is the first and most important rule OF the Masquerade. So even if he didn't tell her about Jessica, he would still be signing his own death sentence by saying he's a vamp. But Penny changed it, and so now he's only putting his nose where it doesn't belong. WHICH won't be appreciated either, but it won't get him killed.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Alchemist
#975 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 4:05 PM

Aeode and Andre - Outside Club Envy

"I know the woman who saved you...

When Andre began to speak, Aeode gave him her undivided attention, not yet daring to believe that this man, a stranger she had known less than forty eight hours held the answers to the myriad of questions which had plagued her relentlessly for so long, and there he stood about to bestow that most unexpected favour upon her. Everything had a distinctly surreal feel that crept like a brooding shadow in Aeode's mind, spreading an uncomfortable chill throughout her body: she was a realist par excellence, a survivor whose whole life was centered around simple, worldly concepts: she needed a job in order to eat, she rented cheap apartments because she could not afford better. Action and reaction, cause and consequence; it was all she required to survive, finding solace in their constant nature. It was, ultimately, the anchor for her sanity, something which Andre through his actions threatened to dislodge.

...her name is Jessica.

...Jessica....

The name rang ominously in Aeode's mind – the dreamlike contour of a genderless figure had suddenly been attributed a woman's name and identity, stirring the murky waters of deep buried memories for the millionth time, but to no avail: it held no sudden revelations to Aeode, and the metaphorical veil remained as impenetrable as ever. She bit her lip in frustration at her own lack of ability to unlock that one vision she so longed to see, hanging on Andre's every word:

She- You'll have to find her if you want to know any more."

Each one of those final words fell dead and empty in Aeode's ears, kindling that temper that always simmered beneath the surface: instead of disclosing the information they promised, they only complicated the enigma: a generic name and the maddeningly vague instruction that she should find this “Jessica” only served to deepen the mystery of her mysterious saviour, if there was any truth to them at all, something which Aeode doubted more with each passing second. Eyes narrowing dangerously, she glared disbelievingly at the man before her in an attempt to discover what reason could he have had to throw her that tidbit of information while withholding the part which mattered, like a cruel child teasing a famished dog with a bone held just out of reach.

“What, that's it?” she asked a little sharply, gesticulating with one hand. “Find Jessica? Should I just go grab the phonebook and look up every single Jessica in the United States?”

An uncomfortable silence descended; when she spoke again, Aeode's tone was no longer accusatory, only cold and detached:

“I'm going to make this very simple. If you know anything and you can help me – swell! I'd most certainly appreciate it. But if you think this is some sort of game you can play with me, you are highly mistaken, and I walk away right now. So, what' ll it be, Andre?”

((ooc: don't hate her, she's got a temper and it's a touchy subject ))

Page 39 of 45