Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Supernatural
Default Random Crashes.. Basic specs inside.
My Sims3 also keeps crashing at random. At first I thought it was because I was moving too quickly, since I'm used to Sims2, and being able to switch menus crazy-fast. Now I've been making an effort to be very careful, and it still crashed. Last time, it was simply because I commanded a Sim to move out of a house using her cellphone.

I've been saving religiously now. I've updated my graphics card (as callistra knows. ^^; callistra: Sorry for creating a new thread, but I just got this issue and found it a much worse problem than my previous one..) And, I believe I have the recommended specs, but..

==System==

* Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
* System Manufacturer INTEL_
* System Model: D945GCR_
* Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
* Memory: 2044 RAM
* Page File:542MB used, 3395MB available
* DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

==Display==

* Name: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
* Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
* Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9598)
* Approx. Total Memory: 1024.0 MB

* Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll
* Version: 6.14.0010.6947 (English)

==Sound==

* Name: Realtek HD Audio output
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:23 AM
Well, last I left you, it was recommended you ask your dad to help you with that system error. Whatever is causing that could also be causing your game to crash. Recommendations remain the same.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:07 PM
Shall do, thanks. Hopefully he gets my email and comes over sometime soon.. >.<
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:07 PM
He's told me to ignore it. >.O
He said "sometimes, graphics cards just aren't compatible with games.", and basically said no reason to make a large deal about it. Well, I'll just have to sit through the crashes.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:01 PM
That's just not the case - you don't get errors or crashes "just because", and it's called a serious error for a reason.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:47 PM
Yeah, I figured so. But, unfortunately my close (living with me) family is quite literally near-broke, and I'll just have to deal with whatever comes as far as computer crapping out.

Maybe I'll be able to try and bring it up again. >.O The serious error thing should get his attention at some point.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately only so much you can do online, so I'll work the rest out with m'dad, if I can convince him.