Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 8:44 PM
Default Do your toddlers "Huggle"?
One of the EPs (I think it was AL) introduced the 'Huggle' interaction for toddlers, but I haven't seen this happen in my game since I installed BV. Could BV have disabled 'huggle' somehow, or is the problem something simple like the relationship being too low? Does anyone else have an issue like this?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 8:50 PM
you have to select the toddlers and make them do it

mine never do it autonomously

a few huggles and/or some play at the activity table = BEST FRIENDS FOREVERRRRR
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 9:17 PM
Freetime introduced it.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 9:22 PM
I have every EP except Pets, and I've seen toddlers "huggle". They don't do very often though.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 9:24 PM
Mine do it, but some of the Capp offspring are rather mean and reject huggles .
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 9:30 PM
The hug came with al i have ft and they cant i think its on the sims wiki that its in apartment life but not sure.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 9:31 PM
Some of my toddlers do it autonomously, while others, I direct for a photo. If you have two toddlers in house, either twins or not, you can make them huggle.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 9:32 PM
miss.pink - It came with FreeTime, I remember from the dev's walkthrough and from not having AL for a while after it was released (I got AL in 2010).

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 10:24 PM
My toddlers huggle autonomously, and I have all EPs and SPs.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 11:37 PM
I'm almost positive that the huggle interaction came with AL. My toddlers started autonomously huggling each other right after I installed AL (I don't have FT).
But regardless of what EP the interaction came with, it's still adorable. :3

|| Tumblr ||
Inventor
#11 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 9:50 AM
I've seen autonomous toddler hugging plenty of times in my game. I do force them to sometimes, since it's so blurdy cute.
Alchemist
#12 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mew1210
I'm almost positive that the huggle interaction came with AL.
Sometimes EA took small things from older EPs and added them to the new ones too.

I have a daycare and on the first day, one toddler autonomously tried to huggle almost every other toddler. Sometimes it was accepted and sometimes he struck out. Since he didn't know any of them very well, their reaction was probably based on their personalities.
#13 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 2:43 PM
I know for a fact that it came with AL, because I don't have FT.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 3:52 PM
Which doesn't mean it didn't originally come with FT.

I suspect that like most interactions between sims, whether or not Huggle is accepted has more to do with relationship level than personality, although I think nice toddlers tend to be more likely to initiate it.
#15 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Which doesn't mean it didn't originally come with FT.

Really? I always thought it came with Apartment Life because some reviews on Amazon (where I order my games) say stuff like, "Oh and the new huggle is so cute!" and so on.

But then again you may be right, because I have a pool table and coffee bar even though I don't have University. (Well I do, just currently am having installation issues)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:12 PM
I don't actually have any idea which EP Huggle came with. I was just challenging the assumption that it must have originally come with AL in light of the fact that, as omglo pointed out, "Sometimes EA took small things from older EPs and added them to the new ones too." So they may very well have put it in FT and AL.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:13 PM
So the option to huggle is also based on personality? Because whenever I select another toddler there isn't a huggle option to be seen
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ella_in_wonderland
So the option to huggle is also based on personality?

Not saying that, no. I'm saying that I think nice toddlers are more likely to initiate a Huggle, just as a nice adult sim is more likely to initiate a friendly hug with another sim.

The option to Huggle should be there for all your toddlers. The fact that it's not indicates that something is awry, but I don't believe it's due to having BV installed. At least not directly. Something may have gone wonky when you installed BV, but removing the Huggle interaction is not a "normal" expected thing for BV to do.

Have you backed up and tested with all your Downloads removed? Because that seems more likely to be the source of the problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Not saying that, no. I'm saying that I think nice toddlers are more likely to initiate a Huggle, just as a nice adult sim is more likely to initiate a friendly hug with another sim.

The option to Huggle should be there for all your toddlers. The fact that it's not indicates that something is awry, but I don't believe it's due to having BV installed. At least not directly. Something may have gone wonky when you installed BV, but removing the Huggle interaction is not a "normal" expected thing for BV to do.

Have you backed up and tested with all your Downloads removed? Because that seems more likely to be the source of the problem.

Thanks for your advice. I am actually having crashing problems too. I'll check this out.
Alchemist
#20 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 5:52 PM
It's from AL. When in doubt, try it with the Newson toddlers.
Undead Molten Llama
#21 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 6:24 AM
It definitely came with AL. I played for years with FT as my latest EP because I feared that the AL game engine would screw up my carefully-crafted cocktail of mods. (And it did, but it wasn't too hard to fix. ) During all that time, there was no huggling. Once I installed AL, there were huggles. Lots and lots of huggles. Lots of autonomous huggles, too. And I don't think whether or not they'll do it is personality or relationship-based. My toddlers free will all the time, and even the meanest ones will attempt to huggle with pretty much any other toddler on a lot, even if they don't know them well. Or at all. (Huggling happens often at "family reunion" parties, where I teleport in everyone in a family to one lot and have them all hang out together all day. Cousin toddlers who don't know each other will autonomously huggle at such parties. They will also maul any of the "host" household's pets.) Of course, huggles aren't always accepted, but at least in my game, pretty much any toddler will autonomously attempt it, so long as there's at least one other toddler around.

But yeah, I agree that having BV or not shouldn't affect anything. I got BV as my last EP, and after I installed it, there was still plenty of huggling going on. I'm betting you've got a mod conflict somewhere, Ella.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.