Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14651 Old 25th May 2024 at 12:06 AM
I think that the animations are a multi-layered production and it takes more than one layer to something move-to add rotation, up and down, etc, to the movement would require extremely polished animations-like Pixar movies. That's expensive, and I don't think EA would have spent that kind of money to make a bike go around the parking lot.
We should be thankful they even made cars that go at all. Anyone who can do animations of any kind in the game is awesome, because it's not easy-as a matter of fact, one creator (Jacky93) just released a custom bouncy castle for kids (HERE: https://www.simfileshare.net/download/4669486/ ), and it's pretty good-has slots of 2 kids-I think the animations are drawn from a trampoline CC that has been previously released, but I can say it's a bit more complicated than just slapping together the walls and calling it good.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Alchemist
#14652 Old 25th May 2024 at 12:20 AM
That is pretty cool. Those look like TS2 animations for jumping on the bed/couch.
Mad Poster
#14653 Old 25th May 2024 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
That is pretty cool. Those look like TS2 animations for jumping on the bed/couch.

Pretty sure they are (either the 3-tiled couch or bed, depending on jumping pattern).

(I tend to use the couch jumping for testing clothing or accessory bone assignments. Most issues will pop up there, plus if the issues aren't too bad while couch jumping, they'll probably not be too bad elsewhere).
Forum Resident
#14654 Old 25th May 2024 at 4:31 AM
Might have to be careful with them - I've not used the bouncy castles yet, but I have used the cc haystacks that can be jumped on. Those also use the couch jumping animations, while other directed couch functions are removed. However, several years ago I learned that ACR sees the haystacks as couches, and while not paying attention I ended up with a pregnant YA on a dorm I thought lacked woohoo locations.
Mad Poster
#14655 Old 25th May 2024 at 6:56 AM
Technically, ACR disallows autonomous try for baby on lots with dorm doors on them, unless you have InTeen installed. I prefer to keep it that way, actually, even though I do have the YA pregnancy hack.
Mad Poster
#14656 Old 25th May 2024 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
We got the animations necessary, when they made exercise bikes. I had wondered in the past, if something like a bicycle (or other "vehicle" could have been something that sims, in a strange way, wore... hear me out...

The sim would still move around the lot but how does one do that with a bike (or a snowmobile, or a quad, etc.)... I was thinking, much like skis, the sim could "wear" them, for all intents and purposes. The sim would sort of "put it on" and move around the lot. It wouldn't require an NPC (what makes objects movable) because your Sim is the PC (as in, player character; as opposed to the non-player character, aka NPC). Your sim's "clothing" would be the bicycle... possibly even the stroller, but that'd require a slot that could contain another sim... Hmm, like carrying a baby, so that would seem to indeed, be possible!

It's sort of the magic of having something be one thing, literally... while it gives off the appearance of being something else.

Am I making any sense? Are you guys able to pick up what I'm laying down, or is it too convoluted to follow?

I mean, why can't your sim walk around in the equivalent of clothing that gives the appearance of a bike, a quad, a snowmobile? The object would exist as an object, and your sim would, in essence, put it on and move around while wearing the said object, in a different state. It's no different than wearing a helmet, like the noodle soother (which would've been the better way of doing hats, because then you don't have to worry about the hairstyles!).

I'm hoping this makes sense... Things aren't always what they seem... but perception is reality, and if it seems to be riding a bicycle, instead of wearing a bicycle and moving around the lot, then it is exactly what it is that we wish it to be!

Treeag made a box of skates where sims could put on skates and move like normal, but that doesn't require any special animations.

Rebecah has undirectable bikes with animations.
Forum Resident
#14657 Old 25th May 2024 at 6:06 PM
So could that style of animation be used for things like snowmobiles and quads, in that the sims themselves, do not really require lower-body movements and you're not going to be sitting on a couch or woohooing in bed on your snowmobile... haha... I suppose perhaps it would have to have some kind of "change into.../out of..." function. Maybe something that you can't wear indoors. If you're going into the pool, you're gonna change into swimwear. I suppose weirdness could happen if you sat on a chair on the patio, or swung on the swings. hmmm... Digging in the garden on a quad... I wonder what you could alter on an object to initiate the "change into.../out of..." functions. If it was bound to an action? Maybe the only way to change into would be by clicking on the vehicle, which would initiate the "change into...". And when you exit out of the activity, initiate the "change out of...". Telling your sim to sit in a chair, swing on the swings, garden, get in the hot tub, etc. would all change action priorities and force them to "change into.../out of..." in order to change activities. Aren't there other activities that require sims to put something on and take something off? I'm trying to think of one off the top of my head, but the only thing that comes to mind is CC -- the VR goggles. And i'm not sure how that works exactly, cuz I don't have them in my game.

Interesting...

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. May 25. Accesorize Your Life part 2!!
This Workshop is part 2, on Creating New Accessories! Part 1 on our YouTube channel. Join Now, start creating!
Mad Poster
#14658 Old 25th May 2024 at 6:15 PM
So could that style of animation be used for things like snowmobiles and quads, in that the sims themselves, do not really require lower-body movements and you're not going to be sitting on a couch or woohooing in bed on your snowmobile... [...]

For actual drivable vehicles, there's the option of basing them on cars. Not sure if I've seen snowmobiles, but there are a few bike variations below (and probably a lot more elsewhere). They're probably a bit more useful for travelling than wearable ones. Unfortunately the drivable area isn't too big...

Bike: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=117872
Moped: https://modthesims.info/d/115400
Quad: https://modthesims.info/d/115402/qu...e-rideable.html
(and a few more here)
Mad Poster
#14659 Old 25th May 2024 at 6:22 PM
So could that style of animation be used for things like snowmobiles and quads, in that the sims themselves, do not really require lower-body movements and you're not going to be sitting on a couch or woohooing in bed on your snowmobile... haha... I suppose perhaps it would have to have some kind of "change into.../out of..." function. Maybe something that you can't wear indoors. If you're going into the pool, you're gonna change into swimwear. I suppose weirdness could happen if you sat on a chair on the patio, or swung on the swings. hmmm... Digging in the garden on a quad... I wonder what you could alter on an object to initiate the "change into.../out of..." functions. If it was bound to an action? Maybe the only way to change into would be by clicking on the vehicle, which would initiate the "change into...". And when you exit out of the activity, initiate the "change out of...". Telling your sim to sit in a chair, swing on the swings, garden, get in the hot tub, etc. would all change action priorities and force them to "change into.../out of..." in order to change activities. Aren't there other activities that require sims to put something on and take something off? I'm trying to think of one off the top of my head, but the only thing that comes to mind is CC -- the VR goggles. And i'm not sure how that works exactly, cuz I don't have them in my game.

Never heard of the VR goggles, but one Maxis thing I can think of is the Noodlesoother.
Mad Poster
#14660 Old 25th May 2024 at 6:26 PM
The aspiration accessory objects that sims can wear could likely be a workaround, yes. There are a couple different (the thinking cap with the light bulb and the one that looks like a yellow car with hands - can't remember the names, one of them is probably the Noodlesoother).
Alchemist
#14661 Old 25th May 2024 at 6:43 PM

Interesting...

-gE
>=)
In order to do this at present, you'd have to do what Rebecah did and what Maybesomethingdunno did for his surfing mod - use an NPC to move the Sim around. Because otherwise, they won't move correctly. And if you're comfort with using NPCs, you can skip the idea of making an object into an outfit and just have an object that a Sim snaps into, and have that object snap into the invisible sim (the NPC).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14662 Old 25th May 2024 at 6:46 PM
I like to play my sims following their wants, and one 'rule' I like to play is that, in order for my sims to have kids, both parents must want to have a baby. But of course, some aspirations are more unlikely to roll that want (see Betty's story). What I would like is a 'persuade to have baby' option, where one sim can convince another to roll the want for a baby. Success dependant on relationship, mood, aspiration etc. Would be great for those grandparents who have wants for grandkids, or sims whose partners do not wish for kids. I have so many sims in this hood who want kids or grandkids, but their partners/ children have other ideas/ Meanwhile I have a hood full of elderly sims and no babies!
Forum Resident
#14663 Old 25th May 2024 at 8:34 PM
Quote:
For actual drivable vehicles, there's the option of basing them on cars. Not sure if I've seen snowmobiles, but there are a few bike variations below (and probably a lot more elsewhere). They're probably a bit more useful for travelling than wearable ones. Unfortunately the drivable area isn't too big...

Mmm, yeah... but i wasn't thinking of just driving off-lot. In fact, my intention was -not- driving off-lot. It was recreation on-lot. I suppose you could do something like whoward's roller coaster with a preset track that would probably be invisible, allowing the sims to travel a course. It'd give the appearance, and add fun. So maybe that's one way to get around it. I'm pretty sure the roller coaster doesn't use NPCs

Quote:
In order to do this at present, you'd have to do what Rebecah did and what Maybesomethingdunno did for his surfing mod - use an NPC to move the Sim around. Because otherwise, they won't move correctly. And if you're comfort with using NPCs, you can skip the idea of making an object into an outfit and just have an object that a Sim snaps into, and have that object snap into the invisible sim (the NPC).

Yeah, that really defeats the purpose, which is to avoid NPCs... But i see what you're saying.

Quote:
The aspiration accessory objects that sims can wear could likely be a workaround, yes. There are a couple different (the thinking cap with the light bulb and the one that looks like a yellow car with hands - can't remember the names, one of them is probably the Noodlesoother).

Not really what I was thinking, because while you're wearing the noodlesoother or the thinking cap, you can do other things... homework, reading, all kinds of stuff... I was thinking of something that you are engaged in an activity, and to engage in another activity, you must disengage. Perhaps the video game controller would be an
example... The game controller snaps to your sims' hands, and they have to put it down to engage in another activity. That would be my thinking. The vehicle (for lack of a better term) would snap to the sim, in order to use the activity, and release to engage in other activities. But it seems what omglo was talking about above, that'd be accomplished by use of an NPC, which is what i was hoping to avoid...

This Workshop is part 2, on Creating New Accessories! Part 1 on our YouTube channel. Join Now, start creating!
Forum Resident
#14664 Old 25th May 2024 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Never heard of the VR goggles, but one Maxis thing I can think of is the Noodlesoother.

https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr....sims-2-location

Mad Poster
#14665 Old 25th May 2024 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I like to play my sims following their wants, and one 'rule' I like to play is that, in order for my sims to have kids, both parents must want to have a baby. But of course, some aspirations are more unlikely to roll that want (see Betty's story). What I would like is a 'persuade to have baby' option, where one sim can convince another to roll the want for a baby. Success dependant on relationship, mood, aspiration etc. Would be great for those grandparents who have wants for grandkids, or sims whose partners do not wish for kids. I have so many sims in this hood who want kids or grandkids, but their partners/ children have other ideas/ Meanwhile I have a hood full of elderly sims and no babies!

In some cases you have to assume that the partner will be agreeable with it because unless they have the "don't want baby" in their wants panel (usually a fear).
Like Coral Oldie. She's never not wanted one, and Herb's always fine with it even when he doesn't have the want himself.

But you're taking chances when it's the male who wants a baby, and the female who doesn't, such as Flat Broke and Flo Broke. She usually wants a job, knowing how expensive babies are, and he's all for one.That situation could use the 'persuade' option.

That's why if the parents only have one child, the option to have another is open, but you have to play it by ear-Don Lothario's parents are not the greatest parents in the pixel world, so you have to accept that they're not into the family thing.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#14666 Old 25th May 2024 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
In some cases you have to assume that the partner will be agreeable with it because unless they have the "don't want baby" in their wants panel (usually a fear).
Like Coral Oldie. She's never not wanted one, and Herb's always fine with it even when he doesn't have the want himself.

But you're taking chances when it's the male who wants a baby, and the female who doesn't, such as Flat Broke and Flo Broke. She usually wants a job, knowing how expensive babies are, and he's all for one.That situation could use the 'persuade' option.

That's why if the parents only have one child, the option to have another is open, but you have to play it by ear-Don Lothario's parents are not the greatest parents in the pixel world, so you have to accept that they're not into the family thing.

How do we know all this about what Wants deceased sims had rolled? They're all dead, except the Oldies... and I didn't think elders rolled reproductive Wants for themselves. I don't recall Coral ever rolling a Want to have a baby in my game. With the others being dead, I'm relatively assured they've never rolled any Wants at all.

-gE
>=)

Mad Poster
#14667 Old 25th May 2024 at 11:08 PM
How do we know all this about what Wants deceased sims had rolled? They're all dead, except the Oldies... and I didn't think elders rolled reproductive Wants for themselves. I don't recall Coral ever rolling a Want to have a baby in my game. With the others being dead, I'm relatively assured they've never rolled any Wants at all.

-gE
>=)

If you're like me and playing a game with the young versions of the Oldies, that's what I'm talking about. I have a set of the original families back when they first lived in Old Town.

That's how I do it.

Mad Poster
#14668 Old Yesterday at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

In RL they'd have to accept not having a baby or accept that they aren't compatible with their partner and find someone else who wants the same things. Pressuring someone into having a baby rarely works out. Risky woohoo would be the sneaky way if you need babies.

Not really what I was thinking, because while you're wearing the noodlesoother or the thinking cap, you can do other things... homework, reading, all kinds of stuff... I was thinking of something that you are engaged in an activity, and to engage in another activity, you must disengage. Perhaps the video game controller would be an
example... The game controller snaps to your sims' hands, and they have to put it down to engage in another activity. That would be my thinking. The vehicle (for lack of a better term) would snap to the sim, in order to use the activity, and release to engage in other activities. But it seems what omglo was talking about above, that'd be accomplished by use of an NPC, which is what i was hoping to avoid...

I actually have no problem with NPCs being used for the stuff I mentioned. Anything to get the job done!
Field Researcher
#14669 Old Yesterday at 3:07 PM
Dont know if anyone before suggested this...PANTOMIME interaction/animation for earning money/tips (jist like performing, break dance, singing,...for money). Sims could do various animation but...without sounds: juggling, giving flower (Romance as second aspiration has this perk),...Depending their CRRATIVITY skill level sims can do pantomime, to mime and have chance to earn money.
Forum Resident
#14670 Old Today at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Dont know if anyone before suggested this...PANTOMIME interaction/animation for earning money/tips (jist like performing, break dance, singing,...for money). Sims could do various animation but...without sounds: juggling, giving flower (Romance as second aspiration has this perk),...Depending their CRRATIVITY skill level sims can do pantomime, to mime and have chance to earn money.

...or a chance to get beat up.

more likely, get beat up. And if that was the end result, then I am ALL IN for this mod! Perfect time for a "give wedgie" option!
hahaha

-gE
>=)

Page 587 of 587