Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#5926 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 11:58 PM
I've noticed that and am experimenting - I added a basketball court next to the playground area, and that seems to be pulling in sims of most ages.

It would have been great if EA had provided some way to say "open to visitors, X age group preferred."
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5927 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 1:53 AM Last edited by igazor : 30th Oct 2016 at 4:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I've noticed that and am experimenting - I added a basketball court next to the playground area, and that seems to be pulling in sims of most ages.

It would have been great if EA had provided some way to say "open to visitors, X age group preferred."

NRaas StoryProgression can do that by setting a Lot Option that restricts visitors to specified castes. The GoHere mod is also required to make the restrictions honored. It's not entirely foolproof like a locked door/gate would be, but I have some lots that are restricted to teens only, others that are adult and above, no pets or children allowed in the dance clubs, etc. and it works reasonably well. You have to be careful with schools though so as not to accidentally block the students or the adults working there in the Education career or else things might get goofed up for them, so admittedly that's a bit different.

Not requiring mods, you could also gate the playground area with a Barrier to Entry door/gate from the Plumbob Cinema store set to restrict who is allowed in.
Scholar
#5928 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It depends on what you have on the lot, and what you want to use it for. So if you have a rabbithole school and nothing else there, you might zone it as 'no visitors' because you only want schoolkids to attend class there, and don't want sims hanging out on the lot. But if you have a playground or shops there too, or other attractions, you might want to set it as 'visitors allowed' or even some other lot type to attract sims.

So, if I put all the rabbithole lots (civic center/movie/bistro/etc) as No Visitors Allowed, it means Sims would only 'hang out' in parks, libraries, gyms and other 'open' lots, but would still be able to head into the rabbitholes for work, with no issues?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5929 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
So, if I put all the rabbithole lots (civic center/movie/bistro/etc) as No Visitors Allowed, it means Sims would only 'hang out' in parks, libraries, gyms and other 'open' lots, but would still be able to head into the rabbitholes for work, with no issues?
Basically, yes. Some rabbitholes (Bistro, Diner, Hospital, Theater, Bookstore, Grocer, Stadium etc.) pull visitors on their own and once they are on a lot with one or more of these rabbitholes they are likely to stay for a while and interact with other Sims or do some random stuff. The Mirabello place in Sunset Valley is such an example. It will always be quite busy even if the lot is set to No Visitors, because of the three rabbitholes, but the lot itself won't draw visitors.

Setting rabbithole lots to No Visitors is a good way to control population flow on lots. I have them all set to No Visitors and only if I want the lot to be very busy I set it to something else. I have a Big Park in Moonlight Falls with a Bistro rabbithole on it, so the lot will draw park visitors and the rabbithole will draw bistro diners. At peak times I have 15-20 Sims on that lot and several entertainment options for them, like a gazebo with band instruments, three ponds for fishing, picnic blankets, playground stuff for children etc. When these visitors come they usually stay for several hours.

Scholar
#5930 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 1:53 PM
Cool! Guess I'll have to change the rabbithole lots then (I made 'business' and 'entertainment' 'sections' by having one huge lot with bistro/grocery and movie theater on one lot; stuff like that. Bunch things up for a small world). I guess this won't work with things like Late Night discos or so, since those aren't rabbitholes, right? But if those are set to being open, they would draw people in, right? (Mostly Party Animals, I guess)
Scholar
#5931 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 12:26 PM
1) Do children not count as full-fledged Vampires until they are at least teens? I made a family and turned them all into Vampires with Master Controller - wife, husband and child-aged son. But Ascot here still has Lobster Thermidor as his listed fave food and his bars are still green. I guess it'll change to bloodtype and purple when he ages up?

2) Can teens really not impress adult celebrities? Even if their celebrity level is higher than the one of the adult?
Site Helper
#5932 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 1:26 AM
After I had my sim constantly bummed out because he was sleeping with his wife who was a witch, I decided to opt out of the whole celebrity thing until/unless I wanted to play a movie star, musician, etc. So I have no idea about your second question.

But yes, it does appear that "vampire" children, etc. still have human characteristics. They become full-fledged vampires when they get older.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#5933 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 7:59 PM
1) About the only perks vampire children enjoy are the faster learning at night, and the ability to consume plasma juice from the fridge. They also roll wishes for that when hungry. On their birthday to YA (I think) they get the conversion animation with the bats, so that will tell you when the game sees them as fully-fledged vampires.

2) Yes - although you might get lucky with a random interaction from the celebrity sim.

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#5934 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
2) Yes - although you might get lucky with a random interaction from the celebrity sim.

Dang. I was hoping that my teen Sim could get in with the adult guys. Ah, well. I can make teen celebs. I wonder if Woohooer allows me to pick an on-the-lot adult celeb to woohoo with... I have the feeling I tried before and saw it didn't work. (I demand my teen Sim having a celeb's illegitimate child! )
Site Helper
#5935 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 6:12 PM
If woohooer isn't letting your teen pick an adult to woohoo with, it's not the celebrity status that's blocking it. I had a complete nonentity woohooing random celebrities with woohooer.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
#5936 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 11:50 PM
What do I do when opportunities keep disappearing? This seems to only happen in Monte Vista, no matter what expansions I play it with. Like a sim got an opportunity to deliver a dish to someone but it vanished right away because it said something was unavailable. Yet another sim was able to deliver fresh garden produce without issue.

Whenever sales happen it says that it's whatever percent off at (blank space), never naming the store. Also only in Monte Vista.
Site Helper
#5937 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 2:49 AM
You're sure that Monte Vista installed correctly?

My personal response would be to call it a bug with the world, and use Master Controller to give opportunities to my sim until he got one that works. It's simpler than tracking down every combination rabbithole, bulldozing that lot, and then trying to put separated rabbitholes into the world without breaking the routing by using the world builder to add empty lots.

Theorist
#5938 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:01 AM
Hello. For story reasons I need a child inventor. As far as I know, child sims can't use a crafting bench (she's not born yet, so I can't check, but I think I'm right). Is there a cheat that can make a teen sim look like a child in TS3? (there was such a cheat for TS2!)
#5939 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You're sure that Monte Vista installed correctly?

My personal response would be to call it a bug with the world, and use Master Controller to give opportunities to my sim until he got one that works. It's simpler than tracking down every combination rabbithole, bulldozing that lot, and then trying to put separated rabbitholes into the world without breaking the routing by using the world builder to add empty lots.

Everything else works so I'm pretty sure it installed correctly. I installed it the same way I have for everything else.
Scholar
#5940 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Hello. For story reasons I need a child inventor. As far as I know, child sims can't use a crafting bench (she's not born yet, so I can't check, but I think I'm right). Is there a cheat that can make a teen sim look like a child in TS3? (there was such a cheat for TS2!)

I don't know of such a cheat, but check out the mod section the "No Stretch - Children Can " mods allow children to do things they usually couldn't, like gardening, Alchemy and consignment. The crafting bench may be a part of that.
Theorist
#5941 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 10:39 AM
I have a desperate plea: please tell me how to sell potions! The ones made with the chemistry bench, not the alchemy bench. For the life of me I can't sell a single one neither in the consighment shop, nor in the elixir consignment shop. They just don't get displayed with the rest of stuff (like mandrake seeds and gold), so I cannot select to consign them.

Is this a glitch or are potions (unlike elixirs) made just to be consumed on your own? I noticed there is an option to make a potion into a drink, which then gets named "mysterious drink". It can't be sold, either. What am I doing wrong?

P.S. Btw, I'm trying to sell using the 'buy' option, since it shows two lists (buy and consign). The 'browse' option merely tell me that there are elixirs on sale, but opens no lists.
Site Helper
#5942 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 2:52 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the chemistry station potions were not included in things that could be consigned. I'm pretty sure that the Consigner mod at NRAAS fixes that if you sell the old register and buy a new one. If not, go to City Hall, click NRAAS there, click Consignment, and activate "Allow Sell All."

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Consigner

Theorist
#5943 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
To the best of my knowledge, the chemistry station potions were not included in things that could be consigned. I'm pretty sure that the Consigner mod at NRAAS fixes that if you sell the old register and buy a new one. If not, go to City Hall, click NRAAS there, click Consignment, and activate "Allow Sell All."

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Consigner

Thank you! I will try activing it via NRAAS. It has to wait until tomorrow, though, and hopefully it's going to work.

P.S. I actually do have NRAAS_consigner extra mod already , apparently it didn't kick in because it required to be activated.
Site Helper
#5944 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:02 PM
Once you put the mod in, or change the settings, it affects NEW registers. It doesn't affect the ones that were already in place and active. Buy a new register.

Theorist
#5945 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 5:09 PM Last edited by Babahara : 9th Nov 2016 at 5:50 PM.
I decided to check it out today. It didn't work for me

What I did:
1) bulldozed the previous lot
2) changed the settings to "allow sale all"
3) placed a new lot
4) went to the lot and failed to sell potions

When that failed, I:
5) edited the lot by deleting the register and placing a new one
6) went to lot with my sim
7) failed to sell potions

When that failed, as well, I:
6) went back to Edit Town, bulldozed the lot
7) put a new elixir consignment lot down
8) went there with my sim, but the clerk never came (it's just slightly over 1PM)

Please help!
Top Secret Researcher
#5946 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 6:12 PM
@Babahara - Have you looked at the Consigner Interation Page to compare your settings with the default settings? If you continue to have problems with the mod you might want to consider posting over at NRaas in Chatterbox. The Developer is over there and many of the NRaas members are experienced with the mods. Registration is free. See Becoming A Member
Test Subject
#5947 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 6:56 PM
I could be mistaken but I believe that part of the reason that the chemistry potions can't be sold is because, by default the potions are worth 0 simoleons. There are a couple of mods here at MTS that give the potions a higher price so they can be sold. And I've just checked the Consigner FAQ at NRaas:

They (the objects you are trying to sell) must have a value greater than "0"
Though this mod is capable of selling Potions, you must have a separate tuning mod that gives potions value to do so.

These are the two tuning mods I found on MTS that give the potions value.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=517108
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=450035

The first one says it's compatible with the latest patches, the comments section suggests that the second one is also compatible.
Theorist
#5948 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 8:23 PM
Thank you, it finally works now! Today my sim earned around 9.000 simoleons after selling all that junk!
Site Helper
#5949 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 9:24 PM
AHA! I have had the Buyable Chemistry potions for a while now, so that would explain why it was working for me. Sorry for the confusion. :blush: I'm glad it's working for you now.

Test Subject
#5950 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 9:49 PM
I'm glad that worked for you.
Page 238 of 385