Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 6:34 PM
Default Questions about Sim faces
Ok, I've experimented with a bunch of programs on here, allowing me to alter the sims face. I've noticed that when installed, they make some of the default slider inoperable. What I wanted to know is this. Can you take the sim you started creating in the game out, and move it to a program outside the game to work on it. If so, can you tell me if there is a tutorial for doing this. If no tutorial, can you tell me how and what programs need to be used to do so.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 6:36 PM
Installing extra sliders usually requires the use of a mod to allow more sliders. If you get one, you won't have your defaults stop working. The WCIF forum would be where to ask for such a thing if you're interested.

3D editing of sim faces in TS3 is, unfortunately, not really doable; the slider settings are not stored as part of the face mesh itself, just as deform settings for it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 6:51 PM
Well, you can 3D edit faces. It's very much the kind of thing you would only want to do for personal use, though, since it's a really fracking sloppy method. Basically, you just need to make a GEOM face slider that is, well, the face you want. Package up your slider (remember to do it for all ages and genders if you want the sim to age/breed properly), go in-game, set your slider to 100 and all others to 0. Instant face.

Like I said, though, it's half-assed. Might work as a once-off for a face you really, really, really want in-game but just can't get right.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 7:10 PM
I'm caught between a mixture of horror and intrigue at the thought of doing that, white. It's like performing an amputation surgery with a chainsaw - sure, it'll probably work, but what an inelegant and yet... to-the-point method.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 3:56 AM
Thanks again for the assist. The additional sliders sounds more the thing to do, so I'll try that. Thanks again.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 11:56 AM
Yeah, precisely. I'm working on some asymmetrical face sliders, and whilst working on them I just had an "Eurgh... what a crappy eureka" moment.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.