Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2023 at 3:15 PM
Default How To Unlink Hair/Make Hair For Specific Ages Only?
Hello! Hope this is being posted in the right section. I'm very new to making hair in body shop, so apologies if my terminology and word usage is hard to understand.

I'm trying to make a hair in Body Shop using an existing base game mesh. I want this hair to only be selectable as an adult, but it seems when you create a project in body shop, it's always linked to other ages, and it doesn't seem possible to get rid of them and still be able to edit the hair. I don't want clones of base game hair loitering around my game, so is there a way to get rid of the other ages for this hair mesh and only use the hair I've made for my adult sim?

Image attached, basically I want only the hair that's circled in red to appear in my game, if it's possible...?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2023 at 4:12 PM
There's two ways - the easiest is to remove the unwanted ages with Cat's hair binner (you may get some issues with the elder hair, since if you remove it, the sims using the hair will get a different hair when they grow up to the elder stage - so if you choose to keep that one you'll have to decide if you want it to keep the color or be grey. There are a few options.)
https://modthesims.info/d/434016/qu...11-v1-1-02.html

The other method is to remove the PropertySets of the ages you don't want, plus any TXMTs that belong. I don't recommend to delete the 3DIRs in the file, because there's usually something iffy in how the ages are represented, so you risk removing the wrong resources. The 3DIRs don't take up much space in the file (less than a kb).

The adult hair has the "age" set to "8" when you open the PropertySet in SimPE.
You can delete the ones with "age" set to 1, 2, 4, 10 and 40 (10 is elder if you decide to keep it, 40 is YA).