Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2024 at 6:01 PM Last edited by FuryCat : 5th Feb 2024 at 6:13 PM.
Default Where can I upload a themed set?
I'm not sure if this is the place I may make this thread, but if it is, then okay:
I'm making an upload which is a themed set. I don't know where to categorize it, though. Although Themed Sets appear when I'm looking to download something here, they do not appear in the list of categories I can upload it, and it can't be put into a specific one. I'm pretty much stumped on where to upload it.
Can anyone tell me if there is any possible category I can put it? I've seen "Themes and Challenges" but it again doesn't fit my upload.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 6th Feb 2024 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
I'm not sure if this is the place I may make this thread, but if it is, then okay:
I'm making an upload which is a themed set. I don't know where to categorize it, though. Although Themed Sets appear when I'm looking to download something here, they do not appear in the list of categories I can upload it, and it can't be put into a specific one. I'm pretty much stumped on where to upload it.
Can anyone tell me if there is any possible category I can put it? I've seen "Themes and Challenges" but it again doesn't fit my upload.

Hello @FuryCat
Your Themed Set will be either Buy Mode Objects or Build Mode Objects, so start by ticking the appropriate category.
From there, you can select either tick "By Room" or "By Function".
There are many subsets from there you can choose; I appreciate that there is still no mention of selecting a particular theme or style set.
After loading pics and writing the description, the next screen in the upload process is about the upload.
If your upload is a single item, you will be able to select the style of your upload e.g. antique, retro, modern etc.
If your upload is a set with several items, that section is not applicable, so to describe your upload, you can add key words e.g. #antique, #retro etc - this will help filter search results.

I hope this helps?

P.S. There are no current "Themes and Challenges", but keep a look out for them - last year there was a Spring Theme.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2024 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @FuryCat
Your Themed Set will be either Buy Mode Objects or Build Mode Objects, so start by ticking the appropriate category.
From there, you can select either tick "By Room" or "By Function".
There are many subsets from there you can choose; I appreciate that there is still no mention of selecting a particular theme or style set.
After loading pics and writing the description, the next screen in the upload process is about the upload.
If your upload is a single item, you will be able to select the style of your upload e.g. antique, retro, modern etc.
If your upload is a set with several items, that section is not applicable, so to describe your upload, you can add key words e.g. #antique, #retro etc - this will help filter search results.

I hope this helps?

P.S. There are no current "Themes and Challenges", but keep a look out for them - last year there was a Spring Theme.

Unfortunately, my upload isn't an object. It's BodyShop content.
It has various BodyShop content, so sadly I can't place it neither in a BodyShop category.

Inventor
#4 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 5:36 AM
Unfortunately, my upload isn't an object. It's BodyShop content.
It has various BodyShop content, so sadly I can't place it neither in a BodyShop category.

Hello @FuryCat
Have you created a Sim using all the Body Shop content you have created?
These are all the options for upload - perhaps Genetics Sets might suffice or maybe it is more about recoloring?
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 10:51 AM
Genetic Sets is not for clothing and such. Best bet is to either pick the category that the majority of the items fit into, or upload separately. If uploading separately, you can go back after approval and add links to the other parts of the themed set.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Genetic Sets is not for clothing and such. Best bet is to either pick the category that the majority of the items fit into, or upload separately. If uploading separately, you can go back after approval and add links to the other parts of the themed set.

Thank you for answering! I think I might need to upload separately, as its majority is recolours.

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 3:52 PM
Hello @FuryCat
Have you created a Sim using all the Body Shop content you have created?
These are all the options for upload - perhaps Genetics Sets might suffice or maybe it is more about recoloring?

As HugeLunatic said, my upload is more of clothing recolours and makeup, so I don't think it would fit there.

Inventor
#8 Old 8th Feb 2024 at 6:53 PM
As HugeLunatic said, my upload is more of clothing recolours and makeup, so I don't think it would fit there.

Hello @FuryCat
No worries - I was just trying to help.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2024 at 6:56 PM
Hello @FuryCat
No worries - I was just trying to help.

I know, thank you!