Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#226 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Because if we don't spend time talking about this crap pack we don't want, we'll have to talk about politics or something... and nobody wants that.

EWWW!!! Good point. Resume the disssscussion....

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Katy isn't crazy, I think this SP is more EA's interpretation of Katy from her performances.

Not only that, but they only interpreted one stinkin' music video of hers, and it just so happened to be the one that does not translate to The Sims, well, at all. At least an SP based off "Last Friday Night" would include some silly 80's styled clothes, or party items, or a saxophone skill.

But hey, that would mean not totally angering the fans. EA can't do that, can they?
Top Secret Researcher
#228 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Correct me if I'm wrong but... I'm getting the sense that most people find this upcoming SP insanely ridiculous and are not thinking of buying it. I know I'm not. So... why are we still talking about it?

In the hope that EA reads it.... at some point

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Theorist
#229 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
Isn't there an old saying? "A fool and their money are quick to part ways..." or something of the sort.

There are people who will buy anything, despite all logic, reason, or common sense. Look at eBay or Craig's List for examples.

"Slightly used mattress...blood and urine stains are less noticeable if you flip the mattress over. Only $20!!!"

Oh, I actually heard that someone decided to troll iPhone users by creating a $5000 worth app that does practically nothing. Guess what? Several people actually BUYS it.
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 11:00 AM
Oh wow... just what is wrong with EA?!??!?! As if the debacle of SWTOR, DA2 & ME3 wasn't enough....
Test Subject
#231 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 2:36 PM
EA is just running out of ideas, imagine how sh*t The Sims 4 EPs they can come up with.
Test Subject
#232 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 8:02 PM
I will not buy this,=(
Instructor
#233 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:04 PM
Will there be a sugar free version for diabetics?

They could call it Sweet Temptation Light/Lite...ah eff it my brain hurts!

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Mad Poster
#234 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:12 PM
I'm just about done watching the recording of the live Katy Perry pack chat and they really don't seem to have shown that much. Everything they have done has been based in the Katy Perry pool lot. They spent a lot of time trying to show off the new fireworks and failing to control the camera.

Go take a look for yourself if you are that bothered. http://www.ea.com/1/the-sims-3-katy...eet-treats-chat
It's not made me want it at all.

On a side note; where did the name "Sweet Temptation" come from? I've only ever heard it referred to as "Sweet Treats" which appears to be its official name.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Theorist
#235 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neeon
EA is just running out of ideas, imagine how sh*t The Sims 4 EPs they can come up with.
I don't think they're running out of ideas at all. Frankly, I've never heard of Katy Perry but I'm old so that doesn't mean much and a quick google search show's exactly what EA was thinking: "Katy Perry Sells Most Digital Singles in Dismal Year For Record Sales." If even a fraction of Katy Perry fans are introduced to the Sims because of this pack EA has done what they've set out to do. They're just doing what they've always done--going after new customers at the expense of their existing customer base.
Instructor
#236 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:48 PM
That awkward moment when your computer shuts down during a live broadcast because of Katy Perry...
Alchemist
#237 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I'm just about done watching the recording of the live Katy Perry pack chat and they really don't seem to have shown that much. Everything they have done has been based in the Katy Perry pool lot. They spent a lot of time trying to show off the new fireworks and failing to control the camera.

Go take a look for yourself if you are that bothered. http://www.ea.com/1/the-sims-3-katy...eet-treats-chat
It's not made me want it at all.

On a side note; where did the name "Sweet Temptation" come from? I've only ever heard it referred to as "Sweet Treats" which appears to be its official name.

My favorite part is where they CaST the cookie beret so all channels are the same color to show us how we can make it 'normal', but you can actually still see the bumps from the chocolate chips, so it's actually a lumpy beret if you try to make it all one color.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#238 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Oh, I actually heard that someone decided to troll iPhone users by creating a $5000 worth app that does practically nothing. Guess what? Several people actually BUYS it.

That would KILL my college tuition. I know what market to make things for: Idiots.

Oh, look a sucker was just born - maybe they'll take my crap.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#239 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 7:59 PM
That app was removed quite quickly after release: I don't think it was up for more than a week. Still, at $1k a go and with seven people buying it before it was pulled, it still made the developer a nice chunk of change.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Test Subject
#240 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:40 AM
I don't know if this has been posted before, but apparently there is going to be a Katy Perry Store Set.

Anyone else coming with me to blow up the EA buildings? We just need bazookas.
Test Subject
#241 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:52 AM
I can understand celebrity endorsement, but that's just insane.
Mad Poster
#242 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by purexevil666
That awkward moment when your computer shuts down during a live broadcast because of Katy Perry...

That made the whole thing worth watching lol
Top Secret Researcher
#243 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheTripWasInfragreen
I can understand celebrity endorsement, but that's just insane.

The least they could do was include some more celebrities. Like one pop, one r&b one rock maybe? Not Katy Perry pink overload.

Oh and add rock to favourite music

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#244 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
Only way I'm getting this is if some clueless relative will gift it to me.

And I hate EA! They ruined ice cream!

I wouldn't play it even if it was free. I would burn it. Then I would slap the idiot who thought it was ok to give me trash as a present.
Mad Poster
#245 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 6:13 PM
I'm not a rock music fan and even I want a rock music station!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#246 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 6:16 PM
Well at least they could include all the different stations on the radio to choose as a sims favourite music. (metal please )
And while they are at it, have more options that they can play on the instruments.

Mad Poster
#247 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 7:55 PM
Also 5th-ing a metal station! Damn if I want to listen to some Megadeth while my sims get married.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#248 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 4:23 AM
The custom station is pretty much the metal station for me once I put my music in there. Though I've seen plenty of Sims-playing metalheads, I can understand why EA wouldn't want a metal station just because it's still pretty niche.

But no rock station? Rock isn't THAT dead.
Test Subject
#249 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:11 AM
I was actually hopeful that there would be at least a few items in this pack that I could use, but after watching the video demo I have to say that this will be the first time in the Sims franchise history that a whole stuff/expansion pack has zero appeal to me! This also makes me wonder if we will ever get a Seasons or Open For Business remake for Sims 3. If stuff like this Sweet Treats crap is considered "appealing" I would have to say not any time soon!

EA is slowly killing my interest in this game.
Theorist
#250 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:22 AM
They already killed mine.
Page 10 of 15