Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 12:13 AM
You guys are too awesome. I love the Sims community because of people like you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 12:48 AM
Thanks for you great hard work. I really get a kick out of the message on the new Thanks function. And it is much quicker. Again, Kudos and many thanks.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 2:13 AM
Hooray, it stays as All now! Delphy is our King.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#129 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 12:23 PM
Delphy, WRT to your flowchart, are you making any distinction between recolours of *free* meshes from a site with some pay content and recolours of meshes you actually have to pay for? If not, are you using the definition you suggested for paysites, I think on S2C, that a paysite is any site with any files that must be paid for (eg a couple of donation gifts)?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#130 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 12:50 PM
Inge, the text on the upload page states that if the mesh is hosted in a pay or donation area, and not in a free area, then it needs to be ticked.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#131 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 12:54 PM
Thanks

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#132 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 8:04 PM
Man.....I have to tell you guys, all your hard work and diligents with keeping up on this site is just AWESOME!! You guys rock! And have the best site in my opinion!!
Scholar
#133 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 11:35 PM
I love the new reccomendation area, very cool!
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 1:41 AM
Thats awsome! Great job, and I LOVE this site! n_n
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 7:42 AM
Once again your dedication to the Sims community astounds me.
Thank you. :lovestruc
Instructor
#136 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:06 PM
I really like the new upload wizard, leaves much less room for error. Thanks. two thumbs up, five stars and lots of smileys.

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#137 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Also, plasticbox, I think I've fixed the issue with the threadcategories not being saved when selecting the Filter options on the right - now when you choose and category and then filter, it works fine (including in the Featured section).

Yes, this seems to work now. Advanced is still broken though (as in post#26).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#138 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:59 PM
Advanced isn't broken It works different - if you select, for example, JUST the Original game then it will show you ONLY items that have that one game selected.

If you select, for example, University, Nightlife and Open for Business, it shows you ONLY downloads that have just those ones.

It's basically like this:

Compatible works with an OR. Original OR Uni OR NL Or OfB OR Pets OR Seasons.

Advanced works with an And. Original AND Uni AND NL AND OfB, etc. So whatever you select as the tickboxes will match ONLY things that have those ticks and nothing else.

In the above example, something that has only Uni, Nightlife and Open for Business as compatibility will come up. Something that has Uni, Nightlife, Open for Business and something else (be it Pets, Original, whatever), will not match, becuase it assumes everything else is set to nothing (ie if you untick it you don't want items that have that EP showing up).

It's been the same way for a long time now, and works as intended, so to sum up, it's not broken.

Lab Assistant
#139 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 6:04 AM
Really need to read the creators guidelines carefully again especially for uploading guidelines.

Will there be any newest updates for uploading guidelines?

I love the new changes but having problem understanding how it works.
Scholar
#140 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 1:28 PM
::WOW:: I just used the new system to upload a house and I am very impressed with how thorough and easy it is to use!

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:59 PM
Hey...I am sorry I am so stupid but I totally don´t get this system. I looked at your scheme and stopped at point 3) announcements, because I don´t see any announcements anywhere...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#142 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Advanced isn't broken It works different - if you select, for example, JUST the Original game then it will show you ONLY items that have that one game selected.

If you select, for example, University, Nightlife and Open for Business, it shows you ONLY downloads that have just those ones.

OK -- didn't get the advanced logic behind this =)

But then there's still a different issue: if I tick Uni + NL + OfB then it indeed works like you say. But if I tick Original + Uni + NL + OfB for example, or Original + NL, then nothing shows up. Which isn't quite logical is it? In order to have Uni, you *must* have the original game in the first place so it would make sense to search for that.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#143 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 1:16 AM
This site rox! you guys are hands down the best sim site on the web there are no words that I can say to to thank you for helping to keep me entertained.
Test Subject
#144 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 1:41 AM
Wow very nice and good work.

"There are two things infinite, the universe and human stupidity....And I am not sure about the Universe."
Instructor
#145 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 12:56 PM
Maybe...
Quote: Originally posted by ding140674
Thanks delphy for the new updates. Hope that this time I'm able to upload.

I'm still having networks issues in my region which I still can't upload at all. Everytime after submit, I always have this error display.

Done! But with error!

But everytime when I've checked the site again, nothing there. (Have read Creator Guidelines so know about if creation not good enough or not following guidelines will be rejected)

I've try to attach image files only but always having this Done! But with error! (Even though connections not cut off). No attachment was found too.

I hope that the new updates can help me to upload this round .

You are great thanks :D

Im not sure about the first thing but about the pics Maybe...

Maybe Because you have uploaded an "UNREADEBEL" Image it should be:
jpg
png
and some other kinds...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#146 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 6:06 PM
plasticbox,

You are right, of course - if you select an EP from the Advanced menu then it should default Original to zero, since all uploads after the original have that set to zero if they have an EP selected.

I'll fix this

Test Subject
#147 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 8:50 PM
Awsome!

of all the sims 2 sites ive been to i have yet to see one as good as this one!
keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#148 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 11:33 PM
I somehow got disconnected while using the new upload wizard. I started a second time and got disconnected again. (my fault) I have uploaded my files twice. What do I do now?
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 7:21 AM
Absolutely awesome work. Especially impressive is the package database system and the AJAX thanks button (that might seem small to the users, but it's extremely nice to have, and probably not simple to code).

With a site like MTS2, it's really hard to understand why anyone bothers with a site like TSR with their annoying some-stuff-is-free-but-the-mesh-you-need-for-the-free-recolor-isn't policies. I applaud the MTS2 webmasters, donators, and the authors who generously give their time and money in the spirit of generosity and open community. (If only everyone had an attitude like Warlokk [many do but he's the first that comes to mind]).
Instructor
#150 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 2:19 PM
To be honest, the search menu became annoying. For example, if you type Fatal Frame, objects with the word "fatal" & "frame" appear.
Page 6 of 7