Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Game Will Not Save
I have searched for about an hour and a half now to see if there is anything about the problem I'm having. I have looked through the Ambitions questions and searched keywords but still nothing, but it is 6.30am so I apologize if a similar thread is right under my nose!

I have the WA, and Ambitions installed, after I installed Ambitions I have been having problems with saving. Not every save, it's a case of hit and miss and hoping for the best that it wont crash on me. The "save" logo is there with the timer moving, but it doesn't ever load. It will just keep going and I'll eventually just CTRL+Alt+Delete and force the Sims to end.

The game is not patched, I don't have the internet on the computer I use for simming, I use it only for The Sims. I don't think it is the specs, as I'm sure I've queried them before in regards to the base game just in case.

This problem is driving me mad, I know I can delete the file names and rename them etc to get the previous save back, but it irritates me having to save my game every 2 minutes. Is there anything that can be done?

It does this with custom content disabled also. I don't get crashing to desktop or any error code whatsoever, it just "saves" forever.

Thanks, sorry again if this is somehow wrong !
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:43 PM
Does this also happen if you use Save As? When you disabled CC, did you also delete the four *Cache.package files in My Docs/The Sims 3?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 2:45 PM
No I didn't delete the cache! I'll give it a try thank you. I haven't tried "Save As" either, I'll give those ideas both a go and see what happens. Do you know why it would happen at all?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 1:23 AM
So far it hasn't crashed yet, it's usually if I've been playing for over 2 hours straight... I would just like to know if anyone knows how to prevent it happening or what causes it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Does this also happen if you use Save As? When you disabled CC, did you also delete the four *Cache.package files in My Docs/The Sims 3?

Now that I've used "Save As" I've lost my family completely, the old save (just Save) is there, but that was from 2 days ago, the save as I did is not there now, and there is only one .backup file, and it isn't under the name I "saved as"