Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 2:54 PM
Default How do i properly recolour a rug?
Hi
I'm trying to find a tutorial on recolouring/texturing rugs. I want to place a picture in the centre of the rug but when i export a rug texture from SimPE and open it in photoshop it only brings up a quarter of the rug.
I have searched mts2, tsr and google and have found nothing!
Any help here would be appreciated
Thanks,
Sam
Advertisement
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 3:18 PM
Sometimes Maxis (depending on the rug) sets up the rug textures up as quartered or half when exported. This means that if you choose a rug that has a quarter texture, the texture you choose to use will have to sort of be seamless textures when quartered (or halved) These most likely won't work well with a picture in the middle. My suggestion is to find another rug base that is one whole texture. I see you have Family Fun stuff? The rug that came with it (the dragon fairy theme rug) is one full texture that would work better with a centered graphic or picture for example.

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 3:23 PM
I'd personally recommend recolouring these instead: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=46922

They require no EP, work better than the Maxis ones (you can rotate them 45 degrees and put them off the grid and they don't go all weird), and I don't think they have that same issue with the mapping not allowing you to put a picture on 'em.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 4:07 PM
Great! That's all i needed to know. Thankyou!! :lovestruc