Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:51 AM
Making one Sim on a lot MUTE?
Hey hey! So, I'm making Sims of my original characters, finally. Been wanting to for years, but could never get the game thanks to my mum who still tries to control my purchases even though I'm an adult (I really wanted that Toy Story 3 Lotso keychain... ;n; But I digress). Finally got it at a thrift store, nabbed some expansion packs, and got ready to play. Then my hard drive died. :/ The other day I picked up my inheritance from my father's passing, which included a very nice computer. So, now I can start to play. I've created my main man, Jarett, and I was all set to make his lover, Azure. I went downstairs to get some ice cream first. Then it hit me: Azure is mute. Awwwwwww crap. Jarett having a manly voice is annoying enough, but I'm fine with it. The question is...is there any way I could make Azure mute? o: I'm going to be changing the height of these Sims, in case that affects anything...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:46 AM
I'm actually curious, too. I also have a mute oc character but she's too talkative in the sims; to take it a step further, how do you change the voices out-right? i kinda want my robot sims (that aren't servos), to have the servo voice overs, and Pyramid Head to sound like the grim reaper.

there is a line in SimPE about voices, but fiddling with it yields no results.

Simmed out and lazy,

Sorry
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 5:46 AM
Um, aside figuring out the fiddly lines in SimPE (I'm sure we have a tutorial on changing their voices) you can always choose to just mute Voices in the sound section. Even if you do manage to kill the sound effects from one sim, they will still do the talking animation and have a speech bubble. I think this is where imagination comes in... good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:33 PM
So...wait, can I mute the voice of just that one Sim and leave all the others unaffected that way? o: If so, I can just pretend he's using SSL...Simlish Sign Language xD
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 11:51 PM
No, there is no option to just mute one sim. You can probably find the values in SimPE for that character file and edit it's voice, and maybe if you pick a value that isn't assigned to a file it just won't play without throwing an error. This is all just speculation though. Look for a tutorial on changing their voices.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 8:06 AM
ive tried this 3 or 4 times and have had no results though...

Simmed out and lazy,

Sorry
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 10:07 PM
What have you tried doing?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 10:02 AM
ive tried opening the sim in SimPE via neighborhood browser/sim browser and fiddling with the voice line (in other settings, i believe) even changing a male voice code to another, different, male voice code you get no change in voice.

Simmed out and lazy,

Sorry