Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 5:46 PM
Default default replacement of cop male&female
HI: I have a question about default replacing both male & female cop uniforms and bodymesh. It seems like they share same textures, The problem is I like to have different textures on the female clothes and that seems to effect the male uniform. How is it possible to have different textures for the two genders? Any Idea? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 8:24 PM
edit the SHPE file of one of them
you can relink the model and or subset, change instance id's etc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
edit the SHPE file of one of them
you can relink the model and or subset, change instance id's etc
I'm afraid I don't understand. How do I edit the SHPE and how do I relink this stuff. I have done default for mailman and woman but it seems like there was no problem probably they use different textures but this cop woman i made using my own bodyshape and slitghly edited the textures on the pants but they show up on the male cop clothes like they share same texture. I haven't ever done anything like what you mention and am completely novice when it comes to this other stuff. can you please explain a bit Blooms,I have no clue as how to edit ShPE or linking stuff about it.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:13 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 23rd Jan 2013 at 1:25 PM.
i had a look at the files and it is even easier.
here you have a file that lets you change the texture(if i have done it correct)
i deleted the normalmaps, for some reason SimPE didn't update the instance numbers when renaming the files.
Didn't want to do it manually(lazy) so i deleted the normalmapreferences.

Files:
TXMT with updated reference to the TXTR.
updated TXTR's.
By default all files were called au(unisex)body_police.
changed all to afbody.

I haven't tested them, hope i did it correct
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:09 PM
Hi Blooms: I am now completely lost. What should I do with that file u worked on. I already have a default female cop . I am having problem with the default male texture as whatever texture I used for female gets transferred to the male textures. What should I do with that file and what is it, that it is gonna do?
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 12:37 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 23rd Jan 2013 at 1:26 PM.
Replace the texture in my file with your custom female one.
If i done it correct they will no longer interfear with the unisex ones.

Both male and female cops use the aubody texture
That unisex texture is called by both the TXMT's, the one for the male and the one for the female.
So i included the TXMT for the female were i changed the texture reference/name.(all references are called afbody now instead of aubody)
And i included duplicates of the unisex textures with updated names/instance numbers.(so they match the TXMT)
All you have to do is load your custom texture for the female in it(replace the ones i included)
You can do this with the nvidia DXT tool

Do NOT right click a TXTR and choose replace!!!
That will mess up the instance numbers i believe.
Use this tutorial if you have no clue how to replace the texture: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,11026.0.html

Can you upload the texture for the female?
Here you have a even easier file, test it ingame.
Males should wear default blue while female should wear green
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  afbodycop_texturereplacement.7z (194.8 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 5:37 PM
Hi Blooms: I put that file in my download folder and replaced the texture. I also deleted the texture in my default replacemnt package and only kept the bump map. You are saying that now i can make a male default and have his own textures without interfering with female? You know thank but i think my messing with sims days is over, Last week I followed the lead about display drivers stoping and recovering and had them fix it over the net( microsoft). I just got another such crash. It is so unpleasont i hate these new computers. I used to use gimp with no problem. I just get so disappointed. I thank you for your efferts Blooms . You are very kind but this bloody gimp and my display drivers stopping just to recover a few seconds later is ruining my fun and joy of meshing and doing things for sims. I feel terrible and angry at all these new changes they make to make old programs run into problem. Have a nice day you and thanks again.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 5:50 PM
the bumpmap wont work as i deleted the references to it(for the female that is)
If you need a bumpmap for the female aswell you need to redo the TXMT