Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drinks For Your Sims - updated for patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Apr 2010 at 8:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_

338 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 270 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 14
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#176 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 4:31 AM
great mod! love it already! can i make a suggestion? along with the other updates you are considering, can you change the word juice to alcohol in the game? and nectar to wine? then this would be a perfect mod for us adults who like to go out on the town and get our drink on :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#177 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 11:11 AM
Thanks! I've come to realize having bars/clubs is so boring and pointless without your mod!
Theorist
#178 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 3:58 AM
Er, so how do you get the drunk moodlets?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#179 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Er, so how do you get the drunk moodlets?
You drink, it comes after the third glass.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:57 PM
You are officially amazing. :D
I'm actually kind of glad my mom deleted all of my Sims files to get rid of a virus now. I never would've found this if she didn't!
Test Subject
#181 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 10:39 PM
This mod isn't working for me. I just get a nausea moodlet that lasts for 24 hours and stacks with every drink a sim has. The interaction popups, which I think you got rid of after the first version, also appear.
Do you know what could be causing this? I have a lot of other mods, so I suspect it to be compatibility issue even though I don't have any others that explicitly edit drinks.
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 2:41 AM
Hi! First, could I just say I love what you've done with this mod! I tried it when it was fairly new and didn't find it to my liking, but I think it works much better now! However, there is still one thing that doesn't quite work for me... I think the moodlets last too long. When you drink alcohol, you're not drunk for 24 hours. Would it be possible to perhaps make a flavour of this mod with shorter moodlet times? Say, 3 hours for buzzed, 6 hours for tipsy and 12 hours each for drunk and hungover? That would make a lot more sense to me... It's just a thought, but I've been dying for a more realistic drinking mod ever since I played The Sims Medieval for the first time (though frankly, I don't understand why EA couldn't create the same kind of drinking system for The Sims 3 as for that one themselves...).

I would tune it myself, but I can't. I'm a mac user, so I can't use any of the modding tools (I've tried all the "this might work" options with no luck), and I think it would be a really good alternative for those of us who enjoy realistic game play.

Thank you again for making this mod, and all its improvements! It IS a great mod.

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by papayapie
This mod isn't working for me. I just get a nausea moodlet that lasts for 24 hours and stacks with every drink a sim has. The interaction popups, which I think you got rid of after the first version, also appear.
Do you know what could be causing this? I have a lot of other mods, so I suspect it to be compatibility issue even though I don't have any others that explicitly edit drinks.

That sounds a lot like the old version of the mod... Are you sure you installed the correct version?

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#184 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by papayapie

What MaiaMadness said, sound like you have the old version. Make sure you have deleted the old version before adding the new one.

and to MaiaMadness I can make the flavour. I'll try to remember to do it today after gym.
Scholar
#185 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 11:16 AM
I love using the old mod, as I only want the sims to get drunk drinking from bars and home bars, but I've just built a really nice nectary that sims can escape to and learn to make it, and if I use the new mod, The Nectary will just be another pub with drunken louts! lol. I will download it though, and may use if for a later game! Excellent mod!
Test Subject
#186 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
What MaiaMadness said, sound like you have the old version. Make sure you have deleted the old version before adding the new one.

I was using the file called something like ani's_GetDrunk_PETS, which I guess was the old version updated for pets? In any case, it works using the new v2 file.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#187 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:00 AM
Darkdata: sims get drunk from nectar and any drink from a bar.
Certifyed: Sims do get drunk autonomously.
Sims MX: Thanks, but I no longer translate, but I do have all the language STBL files in the mod if you want to translate it for your own game.
Test Subject
#188 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 2:38 PM
do u have to download all of them or just one if u have just found it
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
and to MaiaMadness I can make the flavour. I'll try to remember to do it today after gym.

Thanks a bunch, I'm looking forward to it!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#190 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaiaMadness
Thanks a bunch, I'm looking forward to it!

It's now up, apologies for forgetting abut this
Test Subject
#191 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 3:32 PM
So I downloaded the version that allows my sims to get drunk off nectar. Now all my sims autonomously get drunk moodlets without having a drink. Including toddlers.

My game is patched to 1.29. Was the nectar only meant for the latest patch?
Field Researcher
#192 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 12:14 PM Last edited by Anach : 1st May 2012 at 11:23 AM.
How about an option to drink with others, similar to the "have coffee with me" mod?

Also a couple ideas for consideration, maybe the chance for random actions should increase as the drinking level increases, and limit the first level to more friendly actions like hugs and such, second level to more flirty like compliments, and third level to inappropriate actions like kiss or insult etc.
Test Subject
#193 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 1:16 AM
First of all I have to say thank you very much for this mod! I love it but unfortunately I had to remove it from my game. I'm currently playing a household of 8. They are band members and friends. A few minutes ago they went out to the local dive bar for drinks and pool. After just one drink I had one sim flirting with their best friend's girlfriend and two best friends brawling with each other, it was a mess, lol. I tried to micro manage but with 8 sims all drinking I couldn't control it. In addition to that I couldn't get a game of pool going b/c if a sim had a drink and got a random action with a sim who was playing, the game of pool would cancel.

I realize a bunch of drunk sims prolly should be chaotic and fun to watch but this is happening after just one drink. So, I wanted to ask you if it would be possible to limit the random actions to only the drunk moodlet? Or even better (and maybe easier to do)- offer a flavor with no random actions at all?

Its an awesome mod I just wish I could use it with this full household of mine.
Test Subject
#194 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 11:05 PM Last edited by bluejean : 1st May 2012 at 9:08 PM.
This mod completes my game. I created a young adult single mother who lives in Bridgeport with her elder mother, toddler son and small dog. She is a aspiring musician and artist but is succumbing to her party animal side which makes her lose focus on her goals and neglect everything else. She goes out to the clubs and comes home late and drunk and it's only gotten worse after her mother died. It has lead to many break ups from her boyfriends and she's losing her female friends because of her behavior and she flirts with their boyfriends in front of them.

When any sim get drunk can you add the clumsy animations, from sims with the clumsy trait, so they can trip over themselves like real drunks. What if sims go to work or school drunk, there could be penalties in job performance. And please add descriptions in the moodlets.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#195 Old 5th May 2012 at 10:51 AM
Hi Ani it's a really nice mod exept for that I have
Late night only please can u work on doing it for
Late night as soon as u can . Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#196 Old 9th May 2012 at 12:34 PM
YAY! Thank you for the nectar bottles update! Not all my sims spend their time in pubs and bar, it's time for some desperate housewives and drunk simbots ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#197 Old 13th May 2012 at 4:30 PM
Hi ami I tried the mod it's great but I have an idea I wanted to share with u that
That when the sim gets drunk they will walk like drunk sims and trip then pass out just like real people when getting drunk please if you did that tell me to download it thanks
Test Subject
#198 Old 20th May 2012 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheTripWasInfragreen
So I downloaded the version that allows my sims to get drunk off nectar. Now all my sims autonomously get drunk moodlets without having a drink. Including toddlers.

My game is patched to 1.29. Was the nectar only meant for the latest patch?

Yeah i had this problem too. My character havnt drank, yet somehow they are drunk and pass out.
Test Subject
#199 Old 20th May 2012 at 8:04 AM
I think this is an amazing idea and you've done a wonderful job of it!

But I do have one question.

I have Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, and Pets installed. I OWN Late Night, but haven't reinstalled it simply because I was tired of having my neighborhoods overrun/ruined by a mixture of vampires and celebs.

This means I have glasses of juice from the standard bars, but not the special made stuff you get in Late Night.

Does this mean I should download only the Nectar version and rely on wine to get my sims drunk? Or is the v.2 simply the wrong one for my setup?

I ask because, so far, it doesn't seem to have affected my sims when drinking juice. And I'm sure this is an issue on my end rather than yours. Is it even possible, with this mod, to get them drunk on regular juice?
Field Researcher
#200 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 9:27 PM
I find that my sims get drunk simply by playing guitar. I have yet to test that on the other instruments
Page 8 of 14