Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 2:22 AM
Default Does anyone want more big ships?
Hiyas all.. ages ago, I did the conversion of Criquette's QE2 and some other bits and pieces.

I know that the model, once converted was not an exact size replica, it was close, but not 100%scale, but then much in the sims is a little off on scale, and frankly, I think it was worth it

But for interest, does anyone need big ships?

The reason I ask is that I have been doing more for myself, and scaling them to approx same scale. They are all freeware at source, and so I would credit the origional modeller and since no money would change hands, they could be available on the given license. Since my world never can be uploaded, it seems a shame to only ever have them seen by me. Just remember, they are impressions rather than absolute scale models

But I'm rambling.. let me know if anyone would be interested and I'll set them up for uploading.. they are usually multipart to get them to work and currently they are in pack format not package, so they install for use in both CAW and the game itself and export with a world but for MTS I would convert them back to package format.

Anyway heres a picci to show one of these.. it's the SS France alongside Criquette's QE2.

Let me know.

M
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 9:09 PM
Yes please. Do you have some work ships too? Like containerships and cargoships?
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Yes please. Do you have some work ships too? Like containerships and cargoships?

I think TJ Streak has done a few cargoships, container ships, a tanker, a frigate, a ferry, a yacht, a cruise ship and the Titanic. More importantly, he gives instructions about converting items from flight simulator, which has a large selection of ships, especially those you can land aircraft or helicopters on.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
I think TJ Streak has done a few cargoships, container ships, a tanker, a frigate, a ferry, a yacht, a cruise ship and the Titanic. More importantly, he gives instructions about converting items from flight simulator, which has a large selection of ships, especially those you can land aircraft or helicopters on.

Remember that for any items converted from other games you will need explicit permission to do so in order to upload to MTS.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 4:20 PM
Hi HugeLunatic, yes am aware of that and have a written license to work with the objects i have currently in my world and would refresh that for general free distribution here.

Anything i have in my world that is just on a general freeware license and I cannot get extended beyond just general freeware stays in my world only

Regards

M
Alchemist
#6 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:06 PM
I would love to see more big ships, so yes, please, definitely.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 11:29 PM
try the stuff this magnificent wizard make! and yes, even LARGE ships (militairy and cargo):
http://simminginmagnificentstyle.bl...ource=BP_recent
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wangabanga
try the stuff this magnificent wizard make! and yes, even LARGE ships (militairy and cargo):
http://simminginmagnificentstyle.bl...ource=BP_recent

Thank you for the link but I already know Carlos. We've worked together a bit awhile back and his stuff is great. This thread is about feedback for Moria.
Instructor
#9 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:06 AM
Freeware RMS Queen Mary:

http://www.3dworldclub.com/preview.aspx?modelcode=32496

There's a ton of ships on that site that are freeware, ranging from battleships to fishing trawlers to container ships. Some really interesting ones from past eras too.
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyBee
Freeware RMS Queen Mary:

http://www.3dworldclub.com/preview.aspx?modelcode=32496

There's a ton of ships on that site that are freeware, ranging from battleships to fishing trawlers to container ships. Some really interesting ones from past eras too.

Have you looked at the number of vertices and polygons on those models? For example, the ship you linked to had over 50,000.

The trouble with many models is they are not designed for game play.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 9:51 PM
More big ships would be great. The more resources to decorate our worlds with, the better. Thanks for all the other stuff, by the way.

Come Check out New York City!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 4:40 PM
We most definatly want more big ships!!!!
Yes PLEASE can we, can we???

Even more awesome would be some shells to place over those (not that pretty houseboats.. so we can build interiors and such in actual yachts, tugboats sail ships and and other boats to make the world have more variety... the hulls would do (maybe over the square houseboats so we have more practical interior space to use?)
and maybe the decks as a carpet or deco item?

Sorry to get off topic but you got me enthusiastic

The France looks gorgeous!

smaller,faster,better....
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moria
Hiyas all.. ages ago, I did the conversion of Criquette's QE2 and some other bits and pieces.

I know that the model, once converted was not an exact size replica, it was close, but not 100%scale, but then much in the sims is a little off on scale, and frankly, I think it was worth it

But for interest, does anyone need big ships?

The reason I ask is that I have been doing more for myself, and scaling them to approx same scale. They are all freeware at source, and so I would credit the origional modeller and since no money would change hands, they could be available on the given license. Since my world never can be uploaded, it seems a shame to only ever have them seen by me. Just remember, they are impressions rather than absolute scale models

But I'm rambling.. let me know if anyone would be interested and I'll set them up for uploading.. they are usually multipart to get them to work and currently they are in pack format not package, so they install for use in both CAW and the game itself and export with a world but for MTS I would convert them back to package format.

Anyway heres a picci to show one of these.. it's the SS France alongside Criquette's QE2.

Let me know.

M

Sure I love big boats
Space Pony
#14 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:02 PM
Yes please!