Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 7:58 PM
Default Replacing mesh
I want to convert the underwear from Master Suite to teen and eventually elder. This should be simple as I've done it before with TSRW but it's my first time using my mac to create. I'm not nearly as familiar with CTU as I am with TSRW. I'm running in Mono. (the underwear is skintight)

I get the underwear open in CTU (after making it unique in S3PE), set it to teen and then the problem is the mesh. Here's what I've tried
1. Exporting the nude teen bottom meshes from CTU by using the export meshes button and then putting them in for my project. This corrupts the file and makes it unreadable by CTU and S3PE.
2. Exporting the nude teen bottom meshes directly from S3PE and putting them in for my project. It appears in game but is still using the adult mesh...
3. Not inputting any new meshes but rather typing the name of the mesh in the mesh name field. The picture of the correct mesh appears but in game it is still the adult mesh.

Sorry if that wasn't very clear.

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 8:43 PM
You say the underwear is skintight: In that case, why not simply extract the textures, then do the conversion as a retexture of an elder skintight underwear mesh?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 9:06 PM
I'm wondering how your package could get corrupted - could you explain your steps a little more? How are you making the package unique in s3pe? And how are you putting the meshes in - are you using the CTU meshes tab, and are you both entering a new name and importing your meshes in the lod1, lod2, and lod3 slots?
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 9:37 PM
Quote:
You say the underwear is skintight: In that case, why not simply extract the textures, then do the conversion as a retexture of an elder skintight underwear mesh?

I thought it would be a lot simpler, the textures, colors, categories would already be there and I'd just have to input the correct mesh. Considering that there are 19 underwears to be converted it would save a lot of time.
Quote:
I'm wondering how your package could get corrupted - could you explain your steps a little more? How are you making the package unique in s3pe? And how are you putting the meshes in - are you using the CTU meshes tab, and are you both entering a new name and importing your meshes in the lod1, lod2, and lod3 slots?

I followed Whiterider's tutorial to change the instance in S3PE. The only time it corrupts is when I use meshes exported from CTU. I put in all the Lods and give it a name and it crashes when I save, then it's inoperable in CTU and S3PE. I used the same steps for that attempt that I did for the meshes exported from S3PE.

Hi I'm Paul!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 11:45 PM
Well, bear in mind that if you do it that way, you'll also have to reimport all the morphs. A simpler method you might like:
  • Clone an elder underwear, set up all the categories etc, import the first texture in CTU, save.
  • Make a bunch of copies of that file, and replace the DDSs in S3PE with the various textures you want
  • Open each one in S3OC and use Fix Integrity to clone them after the fact

Doesn't deal with the CASting, I'm afraid, but tedious is better than conniption-inducing.

The problem with the corruption may, possibly be related to the teen slider? I really don't know how it works - I think it was Cmar who discovered it in fact - but it could explain the stubborn refusal to change meshes. If so, switching in an elder mesh should work.
Regarding importing meshes, I learned to do it by first inputting a new mesh name, then hitting Commit, then inputting all the meshes, Commit again, save. I'm sure it's not necessary to do it precisely that way, but it's been foolproof for me so far (I should know).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 7:52 PM
To shed a little light on the teen slider - the teen meshes are actually almost identical to the adult ones, but the hidden teen slider is applied to all teens and scales their bodies down. Possibly the teen slider isn't getting applied to your new outfits somehow?
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Possibly the teen slider isn't getting applied to your new outfits somehow?

If you set a adult to teen for instance.
Always start with a teen clone!