Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 6:11 PM Last edited by Delphy : 4th Feb 2006 at 3:01 AM.
Default Notification of MTS2 downtime
Hi All,

Due to great donations and ad revenue last month and this month, we have decided to upgrade some of the MTS2 servers, thus giving us faster processors and faster hard drives, all of which means that the site should be much quicker to load all round.

To that end, MTS2 will be offline probably for at least 4-6 hours, possibly more, as I have to configure up two brand new Opteron 246 boxes, one of which is replacing the database server, as well as move the old db server to become an image/avatar server and re-configure the DNS pool too.

This work is due to take place either tommorow (Thursday) the 2nd Feb, or Friday the 3rd, depending on when the servers are actually installed.

During this time I will also be moving Sims 2 Community, Sapphire Sims 2 and Helaene.com to another, faster server.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 10:24 PM
I have the first post you must of had a lot of donations which is a good thing. Just shows how famous this site really is.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 10:41 PM
Actually... no, you didn't get first post. *I* have the first post since I started the thread. (Look at the post counter hehe)

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 10:51 PM Last edited by Delphy : 4th Feb 2006 at 3:01 AM.
omg omg 4th post- really STOP THE FIRST POST STUFF!!! ok now that thats done- yayay for new servers <3 Delphy
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 11:07 PM
Ooh! I get the 5th post :D

Is there a prize?

And congrats on the servers. What are you going to name them? Bert & Ernie? Harry & Sally? Bonnie & Clyde? Batman & Robin? Oh! What about OMG & WTF? I vote for those! :P

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 11:12 PM
Definitely OMG & WTF... but you could also do ROFL & BBQ

(and I'm 6th.)

DDO
Forum Resident
#7 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 11:38 PM
This will definitely help the site when there are loads of people online. I'm glad to see so many people have donated. I myself would, but I have other things to pay for right now. I guess I'll just have to actually play the game when the server's down. Thanks for the upgrade, Delphy! (By the way, I'm lucky # 7!)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 11:40 PM
Wow... Now I feel guilty I never donated. (#8 :D).
Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 12:06 AM
#n ....

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Instructor
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 1:49 AM
so delphy what's going to happen with the old proccessors?
they make excellent credit card holders on your desktop. and if you get the hard drives send them to me and i'll take them apart and you can use the platers as coasters for your cooffee mug.

(and i'm 10th)

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Field Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
During this time I will also be moving Sims 2 Community, Sapphire Sims 2 and Helaene.com to another, faster server.

hey! good to know.

~ h e l a e n e ~
https://www.patreon.com/helaene (free)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 3:30 AM Last edited by GeckoGorilla : 2nd Feb 2006 at 3:34 AM. Reason: Can't count apperantly
Quote: Originally posted by mike19
so delphy what's going to happen with the old proccessors?
they make excellent credit card holders on your desktop. and if you get the hard drives send them to me and i'll take them apart and you can use the platers as coasters for your cooffee mug.

(and i'm 10th)

Why waste perfectly good door stops? Or things you can throw at the cats that get near my garbage cans? Or give them a proper burial, (That one came out of nowhere). And just for the helluvitall, the new names could be, uh, I dunno, Jay & Silent Bob.
And just to keep this train agoing, Holy Penquin, Im #12. Im gonna torch a Taco Bell, and smell that greasy goodness burn.

Faster than a speeding Loogie. More gas that a Retirement Home. Able to leap tall snot nuggets in a single bound. It's....Booger Man!
Instructor
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 8:11 AM
OMG, lucky #13. hehe. I think I should get a special prize for that.

Elen síla lumenn’omentielvo
A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting.
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Hi All,

Due to great donations and ad revenue last month and this month, we have decided to upgrade some of the MTS2 servers, thus giving us faster processors and faster hard drives, all of which means that the site should be much quicker to load all round.

To that end, MTS2 will be offline probably for at least 4-6 hours, possibly more, as I have to configure up two brand new Opteron 246 boxes, one of which is replacing the database server, as well as move the old db server to become an image/avatar server and re-configure the DNS pool too.

This work is due to take place either tommorow (Thursday) the 2nd Feb, or Friday the 3rd, depending on when the servers are actually installed.

Regards,
Delphy

Umm... yeah... in english? lol I hope it's Thursday as I won't be able to get on then anyways
Scholar
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 2:35 PM
Dang and here i am,,Im always the last post,lol

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 5:23 PM
a ha, but now, dear Casey, you're not last anymore!

and, i would so donate lots of money to the site if i didnt have college tuition ($45,000+ a year) to pay.....sigh......this is why i play the sims: to escape real life...

anyway, congrats!

(#16, my fav number!)
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 5:35 PM
#17 isn't my favorite, but'll have to do. I guess I should work on my legacy today, if the site's gonna be down. (and then, it'll be my luck it'll be down friday! lol)
What just happend?
retired moderator
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 9:45 PM
Looks like it's going to be Friday, Nice one, I'll be at work. Well done Delphy.

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 10:04 PM
It's great that the site is getting an upgrade... I feel really bad I can't afford to donate, hopefully that will change soon

Sometimes the things you think you want the most turn out be those you need the least.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 3:58 AM
Great! Good to see we got so many doantions! (I am going to donate soon, I promise )
Can't wait to see the results!

Yay #20! (Sorry, Had to do it!)
Forum Resident
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 8:25 AM
Seriously, every reply here is already numbered.

No need to repeat it again. XD

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Instructor
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 8:49 AM
perhaps it's to prove we can all count & read, or that we have a warped sense of humour

but i got 10 & 22

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Scholar
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 12:00 PM
Congrats to you,dear genial people on MTS2.You made the Ultimate Sims site.For me ( and many people) it has become as important as the game itself.All the wonderful stuff that you provide is so precious...Not only objects or hacks,but the tutes....They are so well done:Its a real teaching...I love you,creator(s),managers,moderators,etc
... and you talented members, for sharing your great creations with the whole community.
THANK YOU so much!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 12:14 PM
Is it done yet?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Is it done yet?

I am guessing yes.
I had backup all my old and new files onto a dvd of all things, my husbands idea.
After deleteing it all off my hard drive to save room I find that half the files was currupted, errg.
so I was downing my little heart out last night when I got booted out lol.
Locked thread | Locked by: tkdjunkie Reason: Downtime is over
Page 1 of 3