Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 7:17 AM
(I'm wondering if this is the proper place to put patch issues), everytime I try to use the Nightlife patch it says to insert Disk2, I do, I wait a little bit, and I click OK, but it just pops right back up. Does anyone else get this, or is it just me?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 9:19 AM
Ok, I gritted my teeth and installed it, with NO problems, yes! Of course I read some of the previous posts first and did a current back up. Everything seems to working fine, all custom content (mucho) and hacks (which consists of one career, Quaxi's no blur, and CBOY's hack for male genitalia). I haven't checked to see if the patch actually fixed what it was suppose to, but I didn't have many of the problems others had to begin with. :jig: :dance:
Instructor
#28 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 1:25 PM
Thank You!

learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 7:07 PM
I had to remove my Downloads folder, Saved Sims, Config file, and Neighborhoods to my desktop. Then I uninstalled Night Life, reinstalled NL, installed the patch for NL. Then I put all my stuff back where it was. I played for four hours, went to all my neighborhoods and checked on everyone. Nothing was missing. My games saved fine. So, no, I have no complaints about the patch.

Quaxi's nude patch and Crammyboy's male genitalia all worked fine. The Phone Hack worked fine, Lizz's Swinger Bed and Merola's Mind control mirror worked fine.

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 8:20 PM
I had a problem getting my game to show bumpmapping after installing the patch. I have an Nvidia FX5200 256, and previously I'd altered my graphics rules scripts to force bumpmapping and shading. Since the patch I've also had to further amend my Graphics rules and global props.xml as suggested in Semloh's thread, to force the bumpmapping. I also seem to have lost my lot view controls; clickable neighbours and fade distance work, but decorations, view distance and neighbours on/off don't function even though the buttons are not greyed out. To get these options to work correctly I have had to put the codes into my userstartup cheat file, as Bairy explained here. Before installing the patch I backed up my downloads and did a clean install of NL, so I'm sure these problems aren't caused by custom content or mods. Perhaps anyone else having these problems could try the solutions I've found to see if they help.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 12:32 AM
:bigwave: I thank you very much as well as many others!!! :salute:

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 3:21 AM
I'm scared...nope not gonna do the patches till i've seen more on what it's done with others. My computer just got back from the shop and everything was wiped out and I've just got it all back up and working fine. Besides I havent noticed any bugs that need fixing yet. Will keep checking back.
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 4:41 AM
So far the bugs that I had with Nightlife are now gone, the most significant being the protection error about the debugger. I haven't really had much to back up seeing that I haven't put much custom content with no hacks on my laptop version yet.

~-+-~ De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum ~-+-~
Instructor
#34 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 12:23 PM
Well I downloaded the patch yesterday and it seemed to work just fine - fixed a few problems I had: missing job icons, etc. But later I had a strange thing happen - my sim invited one of the townies over and when he arrived he was a totally different person! The game showed the right picture - a good looking blonde guy (forget his name) - but the one who turned up was very ugly, with the mullet hair. I invited him again and the same guy turned up. I don't know if this is related to the patch, or if it's a problem others have already had. I took out all my hacks before installing and other than that everything seems to be ok.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 10:00 PM
I am nervous about installing this patch too. I haven't had many of these bugs occur in my game, so I am waiting for all the verdicts to come in before I install it or disable anything. I have *generally* had good luck with this stuff... but I am still going to wait. I have downloaded it and it is setting there all nice and pretty on my desktop... waiting for the jury to decide if it is going to be worth it or not! :D
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 12:09 AM
I haven't actually noticed any bugs in the game, but me being who I am, if a new patch is available I'll install it, just in case.

The installer did a weird thing at the end of the patch install. An error message popped up: "Error during update installation. You may need to uninstall and reinstall The Sims 2 Nightlife. Please make sure you backup your saved games first." But the game itself seems to be running fine after the patch. I have a backup of all my custom content, neighbourhoods etc. so if anything does go screwy I can always revert back to it.

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 12:52 AM
I finally got it to work (my computer's disk drive was being tempramental) (I can't spell)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:56 PM
They're baaaaack!
Okay. First of all, THANK YOU!!! :baloons: to everyone that contributes to this site. It rocks!!!
And now my issue...
I installed the patch for the University EP.
Works great. I seem to have all of my custom stuff intact.
However... The stupid censor bars are back!!! And the "intprop censorgride size 0" cheat no longer seems to work.
Does anyone know whazzup with that??

The only hack I am running (at the moment) is InTeenimater for the patched version of University.
Banned
#39 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 12:40 AM
Tarquin,
Thanks for posting this, I did some testing and the Uni patch removes the intprop cheat so it will no longer work. Download quaxi's patch from here and the blur will disable once again.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 1:13 AM
Thanks for the confirmation. :nod:
Will Quaxi's patch work for me if I do not to have NightLife?
His post states it is a NightLife only mod.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#41 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 1:19 AM
It has been found to work for the Uni patch.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 1:31 AM
Thanks! :spin:
I'll give it a shot.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 1:35 AM
you could use dave luv's censor patch, it's based on quaxi's and it is listed as working for all games with or without ep's.
Test Subject
#44 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 10:49 PM
Default Hmmm...
I don't know about this patch. I know we are all advised to install it, but after I've read the list of bugs it fixes and the problems it causes, I don't feel very enthusiastic about it. Seems to be more trouble than it's worth. Some of the past patches (also for Sims1) caused so many problems, that I'm terrified of them.

The only one that worried me was the potion bug, but I don't let anyone talk to the gypsy woman.

Will the next EP contain the NL patch?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#45 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:01 PM
Probably. Or force you to install the one on the web.
Inventor
#46 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
I am nervous about installing this patch too. I haven't had many of these bugs occur in my game, so I am waiting for all the verdicts to come in before I install it or disable anything. I have *generally* had good luck with this stuff... but I am still going to wait. I have downloaded it and it is setting there all nice and pretty on my desktop... waiting for the jury to decide if it is going to be worth it or not! :D

That's what I did. I went and got the patch, foldered it and wait. Right now the most annoying thing I'd say is people calling for my toddler. lol. Like he can answer the phone. I just say he's not available and go on. They'll get the hint mom said no lol. Actually it makes me laugh..

But I will if things start to bug me.

I'm glad Daysies, that you let us know. Thanks for the preparation time. :D
(and the thread to openly discuss it)
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 6:33 AM
I was dissappointed as well. I had so many problems that I decided not to bother playing until I un- and re- installed NL. I too am a "Download-a-holic" Thank goodness I keep my back-ups current :/ Also, I want to thank all of you custom-content creators. I have been LOVING the game up to this point!
DX
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I had a problem getting my game to show bumpmapping after installing the patch. I have an Nvidia FX5200 256, and previously I'd altered my graphics rules scripts to force bumpmapping and shading. Since the patch I've also had to further amend my Graphics rules and global props.xml as suggested in Semloh's thread, to force the bumpmapping. I also seem to have lost my lot view controls; clickable neighbours and fade distance work, but decorations, view distance and neighbours on/off don't function even though the buttons are not greyed out. To get these options to work correctly I have had to put the codes into my userstartup cheat file, as Bairy explained here. Before installing the patch I backed up my downloads and did a clean install of NL, so I'm sure these problems aren't caused by custom content or mods. Perhaps anyone else having these problems could try the solutions I've found to see if they help.

I too have an FX 5200, so after installing ep2, it's the usual fix, mod the graphicrules.sgr to force it to use shaders for my card, edit the section for graphic option dialogs so 'medium' includes bumpmapping, tweak another file to force it to copy these options to my user dir, etc... Pain in the behind.

Guess what, Nanny Maxis' default settings gave worse graphics AND worse performance than my fix, I mean, how can an EP deliver WORSE performance and graphics, with one sim in a small house than I used to have with decent graphics and 4 sims in a large house?

Then there is the whole vampire skin bug, it'[s overlaid OVER the makeup, totaly screws up the sims appearance, AND... It conflicts with separate tops and bottoms (most service npc's are assembled from tops and bottoms fyi) so that there is a 50% chance of any npc turning it's self inside out if there is a vampire on the lot and in view...

Gameplay? Sheese, where to begin listing the faults... Lets just not bother.

Overall? Seems I've spent $35 on an EP that ruins my game, destroys my lots, breaks up my households and relationships, AND expects me to go out and spend $100-200 on a new graphics card just to maintain the quality I had before this EP.

To add insult to injury, because I'm a brit, and bought my copy in a store in Britain, I dont get the only decent car in the game. You have to have preordered from one of a small list of american sites, ie be an american, and they pay less than us brits.

EP2 Nightlife. Rating: -1000/10
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 12:41 AM Last edited by Leman0 : 20th Oct 2005 at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Leman0
I haven't actually noticed any bugs in the game, but me being who I am, if a new patch is available I'll install it, just in case.

The installer did a weird thing at the end of the patch install. An error message popped up: "Error during update installation. You may need to uninstall and reinstall The Sims 2 Nightlife. Please make sure you backup your saved games first." But the game itself seems to be running fine after the patch. I have a backup of all my custom content, neighbourhoods etc. so if anything does go screwy I can always revert back to it.

I've since found that this error was caused by the modifications I made to the Graphics Rules.sgr files to try and force bump mapping with my GeForce 6600GT. I went back into the files and set everything back the way it was originally, tried the patch again, and it installed without a hitch.

[EDIT]
HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP! On a whim I just started up bodyshop and loaded in a sim with Semloh's bump map test underwear clothes, and the bump map showed up! Maybe the patch fixes more than just gameplay bugs, or my messing with the Graphics Rules.sgr files had the opposite effect from the intended? Either way; /me == happy. :D
[/EDIT]

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Test Subject
#50 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:35 PM Last edited by TheDarkOne8703 : 20th Oct 2005 at 9:46 PM.
I'm new here and I absolutely love this site.
Page 2 of 4