Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 7:54 PM
I love older Disney movie, basically anything Hercules and before. My family actually used to try to get all of the Disney movies because we loved them so much. In the past 5 years, the only that we bought was Ratatouille. The first movie in theatre I remember seeing is Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs in a downtown theatre with my dad and a buddy of mine. That was like our special thing, seeing the Disney movies when they came out in theatre.

All these other...tween movies, can't stand them at all. I even started to watch Camp Rock on TV on a Sunday afternoon because there was nothing else on TV...yuck! This was the first time I even saw the Jonas bros...still yuck! There's nothing new or imaginative in any of these movies. It's pretty much all the same general plot line with different teens put in it.
Advertisement
#27 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 9:48 PM
I LOVE Ratatouille, but can that really be considered a Disney movie? For some reason I always thought Pixar and Disney have been two different things (for the past few years anyway)

My favorite Disney movies are The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Brother Bear. Brother Bear is amusing, because I actually saw it when I was babysitting my little cousins. I was just as entranced as they were and that was the only movie where I agreed that we should watch it a billion times until we had the whole thing memorized as little kids love to do (beats watching Dora the Explorer all day).

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is just a classic to me. I recently became a huge fan of the book and you just have to be impressed about how they remade one of the most depressing stories ever into something family friendly. I rewatched it a few weeks ago and I was completely shocked by all these little things that you just won't see anymore in kid's movies.

I always make it...kind of my job to watch new animated movies, being the animation geek that I am. I'm going to be the grandma who has every single Disney movie for her grandchildren's watching pleasure. I still have every intention on watching The Frog Princess (Princess and the Frog?). The controversy surrounding that movie amuses me.
Scholar
#28 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 9:54 PM
Oh, I love Brother Bear too! Its sooo sad, but funny too. The animation is brilliant, they really do look like real bears.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 11:02 AM
Just want to add this, but, even though Disney should still produce more animated movies (because they're thinking that The Princess and the Frog will be their last one), Pixar has been doing a great job with their movies. Practically all of their movies have been enjoyable and filled with great humor and fun. I haven't seen Wall-E yet even though I really want to.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 10:35 PM
I don't think Brother Bear was that sad, sure he felt terrible guilt, but the cub forgave him, I would die if I have to watch Dora The Explorer everyday, that show makes me felt stupid
#31 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brad2006
I don't think Brother Bear was that sad, sure he felt terrible guilt, but the cub forgave him, I would die if I have to watch Dora The Explorer everyday, that show makes me felt stupid

Yeah, I think after watching Dora for five hours straight, some of my brain cells died and I started taking it personally. "It's RIGHT BEHIND YOU! TURN YOUR BIG HEAD AROUND BEFORE I DO IT FOR YOU! ...no, but that's what you want. Do it yourself you lazy little girl!" :banghead: I think all the news movies Disney Channel is spitting out have roughly the same effect.

But yeah I agree, I thought Brother Bear had a happy ending. It was never one of those movies that made me sob hysterically, it was the kind I watched after sobbing hysterically to feel better. Now the Hunchback of Notre Dame? Whoo. I know it's technically a happy ending and the only happy ending Quasimodo can get (since Victor Hugo seems to hate him) but still. I wish he had gotten the girl. (The sequel does not exist to me, the only Disney sequel I acknowledge is The Little Mermaid II and Lady and the Tramp II) (Scamp is really cute, don't judge me)
#32 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 11:34 PM
I disdain Disney Channel movies. They're just worthless
crap. Classic Disney movies, I'm okay
with, though. Actually, I love classic Disney movies. ^-^
Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites.
Scholar
#33 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantom Butterfly
Lady and the Tramp II) (Scamp is really cute, don't judge me)

What I don't get about Lady and the Tramp II is that if Lady and Tramp had puppies, surely they'd be a crossbreed of the two?! Like all the girl puppies look like Lady and the boy puppy Scamp looks like Tramp. WTF

Test Subject
#34 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 10:17 PM
I haven't heard Meet the Robinsons yet. It wasn't too big when it first came out with it, but I loved it when I finally got to see it. I might add that while I'm a fan of some of the Disney/Pixars (Ratatouille, Monsters Inc.) I cannot wait to get my hands on the new Sleeping Beauty. But I may be biased, I'm looking to do an internship there this spring.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 10:44 PM
I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a disney movie nerd. I love the older classics, my top three being The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Peter Pan. The newer movies they've been releasing haven't been very good.... but I'll make an exception for Enchanted. I don't know what it was that made me love that movie so much. :D

And I LOVE Disney/Pixar movies. Wall-E was really cute, and Nemo was incredible, animation and story-wise. Can't wait to see what they come out with next.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantom Butterfly
The Hunchback of Notre Dame is just a classic to me. I recently became a huge fan of the book and you just have to be impressed about how they remade one of the most depressing stories ever into something family friendly. I rewatched it a few weeks ago and I was completely shocked by all these little things that you just won't see anymore in kid's movies.

Oh I agree! I was watching it with my little brothers a couple months ago, forgetting how dark the story actually is. (luckily they're young enough for the themes to go right over their heads!) Frollo has got to be the worst of the disney "villians" don't you think? (can't say the same about the book's character. I'm only partway through and haven't learned much about him yet)
Most of the bad guys just want... power of some sort... this guy's just destructive and manipulating. *shudders*

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 11:08 PM
Enchanted is enchanting, because the musical part blends in nicely with the storyline(I like the end of The Cleaning Song where the pigeon chomped down that roach), the chipmunk is cute(I laughed so hard when it mimics Gisele), I'm just disappointed that the queen dies so easily

that reminds me, in HSM2 Troy was really angry when he knows what Sharpay is doing and stormed out in the golf course, I thought he would confront Sharpay(maybe throw in a couple punches), but no, he has to sing and dance in an empty golf course like an idiot, worst musical scene ever
Field Researcher
#37 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 1:16 AM
I love ALL of the disney/pixar movies, except Wall-E but thats just because I haven't seen it yet. The only disney movies I like that have real people are Enchanted and all the Pirates of the Carribbean. My favorites disney movies are Oliver and Company, The Lion King, James and the Giant Peach, Hercules, and Mulan. Well I mostly love them all.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 11:47 AM
Yeah, I see the change in Disney from decades ago to now. Nowadays they target today's teens (including me ), but really, HSM, Camp Rock, or any other Disney Channel movie? If you ask me, Disney has gotten a bit stale over the years.

My favorite movies are the classic ones, including Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Mulan and Hercules. Those were movies that actually meant something to me. Okay, maybe even the newer movies (especially Disney + Pixar movies) also have charm, but some of them just can't live up to the old movies.
#39 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 6:58 PM
My Top 3 when I was young:

-Snow White
-Beauty and The Beast
-Cinderella

Bambi and Alice in Wonderland scared me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 7:37 PM
How come Bambi scares you?Eveything is so cutesy wootsy in that movie, unlike Alice in Wonderland, that place is full of freaks...
Scholar
#41 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brad2006
How come Bambi scares you?Eveything is so cutesy wootsy in that movie, unlike Alice in Wonderland, that place is full of freaks...

Bambi's mum gets shot! Thats pretty scary when you're young.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 12:45 AM
I do love old Disney movies Lady and Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, and new disney movie UP
Field Researcher
#43 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferret II
Bambi's mum gets shot! Thats pretty scary when you're young.

I babysat a kid who laughed when Bambi's mom got shot.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!
Page 2 of 2