Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by humblebumble
Of course I don't expect them to make up new scenes or anything. I meant the way it's edited and marketed. You'd think it was The Omen 2 or generic-horror-with-creepy-kid of the month if you weren't a HP fan.

Actually, they are making a new scene for the movie where Bellatrix and Greyback are attacking the Burrow (which I think some flashes in the trailer show that). JK Rowling even approved of it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 1:25 AM
The seventh book was awesome, the middle was great too, it wasn't slow, would you like it better if they got into the tent and said 'OH YEAH I REMEMBER WE SHOULD GO HERE' and got there straight away? It also gave time for character development, it showed that Ron wasn't as loyal but he also knew how to learn from his mistakes. It showed that Hermione would be there till the end, no matter what, and it also created a state of panic for the characters and for the readers because of the lack of information getting through.

This trailer looks insane. I love it and everything about it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blake
The seventh book was awesome, the middle was great too, it wasn't slow, would you like it better if they got into the tent and said 'OH YEAH I REMEMBER WE SHOULD GO HERE' and got there straight away? It also gave time for character development, it showed that Ron wasn't as loyal but he also knew how to learn from his mistakes. It showed that Hermione would be there till the end, no matter what, and it also created a state of panic for the characters and for the readers because of the lack of information getting through.

This trailer looks insane. I love it and everything about it.

By no means was I saying that they should have got there straight away, but the plot was so untidy in the middle. You thought it was going in one direction, but it led nowhere and lead you back to square one. At the end of each "turn" the characters were left confused and had gotten nowhere, leaving many readers wondering what the point of that was. If you take the middle section and list the events and important plot points, and compare it to the amount of events in the beginning or the end - there's a huge difference.

That might be good for dramatic irony; yet that part had no clear direction the reader could follow. Instead it read like a desperate attempt to fill pages and an eye in the storm (like a break in the middle of anything happening) in order for JKR to hurry in some characters and locations so that nothing was left out. I only enjoyed reading the book at the end, if I was honest - then there was finally a pace to the writing and I couldn't stop reading.

I do love the HP books, yet at the end of the day a good story will always sell well, no matter how it's written. Just look at the Da Vinci Code.

But anyway, the trailer looks amazing! I can't wait until they release more.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:05 PM
i love harry potter :D:Dcan't wait till this comes out but i'm sad becuase they're ending theres this and 2 more after i think? - they're seperating the last one into two film.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Field Researcher
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
By no means was I saying that they should have got there straight away, but the plot was so untidy in the middle. You thought it was going in one direction, but it led nowhere and lead you back to square one. At the end of each "turn" the characters were left confused and had gotten nowhere, leaving many readers wondering what the point of that was. If you take the middle section and list the events and important plot points, and compare it to the amount of events in the beginning or the end - there's a huge difference.

That might be good for dramatic irony; yet that part had no clear direction the reader could follow. Instead it read like a desperate attempt to fill pages and an eye in the storm (like a break in the middle of anything happening) in order for JKR to hurry in some characters and locations so that nothing was left out. I only enjoyed reading the book at the end, if I was honest - then there was finally a pace to the writing and I couldn't stop reading.

I do love the HP books, yet at the end of the day a good story will always sell well, no matter how it's written. Just look at TWILIGHT.

But anyway, the trailer looks amazing! I can't wait until they release more.

I didn't see it as a feeble attempt to fill pages, I thought it was a great plot device, J.K. led you one way, then to turn you around and set you another, it showed that there were tons of choices and the pressure was on more than ever. It also was used to help Snape's story, with the sword of Gryffindor and the white doe and all. It also showed the snatchers and what they're for (absolutely nothing) and it showed that people were trying to fight, in the form of The Quibbler and the radio show hosted by Harry's classmates.

The fact that its boring is purely subjective to me, I thought that those chapters moved slower than the rest, but when paired up with some of the other books, it seems faster. However, when paired up with the other two sections of the book, it does seem a little slower, but I also thought that the wedding was a slow section, along with Harry's stay in Grim(m?)auld Place for that while.
#31 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 7:30 PM
This looks soooooooooo scary!
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 10:25 AM
And, with apartment life, we can make real wizards! And after that we can play the Harry Potter game and watch the movie over and over again. Wheee!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 4:44 AM
Okay guys and gals, They changed the release date!!!! I"M SOOOO ANGRY!!!

here is the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814...lm_harry_potter
They changed the date from November of this year to July of 2009!!!
Page 2 of 2