Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 5:39 PM
Default Routing is still wrong in game
I am trying to make a custom map based on Sunset Valley. I am having issues with the area where the military base normally is. I rebuilt the roads and want to turn it into a small night life area, but when I go to edit the word in game I am unable to place lots on the road. The lots in the image below were placed in CAW

[IMG][/IMG]

This is what the same area looks like in CAW. The area is clear of sims and camera un-routable paint and the routing data is clean. What am I missing?

[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 6:03 PM
From that image, it looks as though you are trying to place a lot on top of another lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 6:26 PM
Oh it does look like that, sorry. I think the screenshots are taken from different iterations of the map. In the game there is no lot there. Also if i delete any of the existing lots it will not let me place another lot back in the same area (in game)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 7:06 PM
Yes, that's often the case that you can't overwrite the area where a lot was in-game. I remember editing Sunset Valley for a friend of mine for this reason, as she wanted to do a similar thing to that which you are doing. You should be able to delete and place new lots in CAW though, could you maybe show more screenshots to show what the trouble is?