Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:51 PM Last edited by 1337 : 14th Jul 2011 at 5:44 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default [SOLVED] Only house lot fully loads at ALL
Hi all. After not playing for about two months, I was eager for the release of Generations and decided to come back to Sims 3 again. After getting my game set up--installing Generations and patching it up--I started up the game, made a family of two, and bought an apartment in Bridgeport. No lag, game runs smoothly... but the only lot that loads in high detail is apartment.

I run my game with only one high detail lot at a time, but the problem is that, when I zoom out and click on another building, it's can't load fully. Only the textures of the other buildings load, but the decorations (trees, floor, and all objects) remain as they are: low detail. For buildings with an interior, like the Art Galleries, it appears invisible. When my sims enter, they "disappear" into it as well and become invisible until they exit.

The next step I took was running with two detail lots at a time. This turns things back to normal, almost. I can view the objects on the lot fine if I do this, but if I zoom in, the whole lot disappears unless I go into Camera View.

Spent a few hours trying to figure out what was wrong... removed all mods, both in the Mods folder and DCBackup, and it still happens.

I also observed that this problem only happens if I switch active households or create a new household. My old active families don't have this problem of other lots not loading for them.

Here's what I tried in one neighborhood:
1. Played my old active family (Bob) that came with the savegame--fine
2. Switched active household (Jimmy) to my new sims--problem
3. Switched active household back to Bob--fine
4. Switched active household to an old family in the Sim Bin--problem

I have all expansion packs, and all stuff packs with the exception of Outdoor Living Stuff...

Sorry for the loooong post, I figure I should just explain what I've done to narrow things down, but I'm not too good at explaining.

Any help at all would be very appreciated! Thank you in advance...
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:02 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    Please Do NOT post your complete DxDiag report in your thread.

• Sims 3 - Game Problems
    For generic game related issues, please see this FAQ:Try each of the steps listed to either solve the problem or rule out Custom Content as the cause.

You have ruled out CC issues with your pre-Generations save games, but have you tested on a post-Generations new game?

May I ask how you're switching Households? Outline the exact step-by-step.
Do you switch using the game features or via a mod?
I've seen issues around with switching Households, so need to know how to replicate this if the issue is not caused by hardware graphics...

It could also simple be the options.ini got corrupted or something. Removing it would let the game reset.