Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 11:08 PM
Making Textures For New Meshes
:howdy: Hi i've made a new mesh from the cheap stereo, but how can i make a new texture for the mesh, I mean compleatly new not a recolour. If anyone could help me i would be very happy !!!
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 12:53 AM
Depending on what 3D program you made the mesh in, you should be able to export an image called a UV map. That will be a diagram that shows you where your colours will go onto the object itself.

Get the UV map, draw in your texture, then load your object up in SimPE. Go down to texture image, plugin view, and import your texture there. If you have the DDS tools (I highly recommend them, they're marvellous!) Just right click on the picture and choose "build DXT", then select the image you made.

That's probably the best way to do it, but if you don't have the DDS tools you can click "import" and choose your image". Then you need to right click the newly imported image and choose "update all sizes".

Commit, save.

That should pretty much do it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 9:19 AM
I use Milkshape, Can Anyone tell me Where the UV map is
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 9:32 AM
Ive found the texture cooridinites editor, but It doesnt seem to work
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 12:56 PM