Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Romantic Reputation Recombobulator - V2.1.1 (updated 3 March 13)

by severedsolo Posted 18th Jun 2011 at 3:48 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2013 at 5:38 PM by severedsolo : Version 2.1 released

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:13 AM
Slightly confused..do I download V2 by itself or am I supposed to DL V2 and a flavor?
Forum Resident
#27 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:30 AM
Does this V2 RRR work too with NRaas Woohooer? I really like the changes you did.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:30 AM Last edited by severedsolo : 20th Jun 2011 at 2:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jenni-Girl
Slightly confused..do I download V2 by itself or am I supposed to DL V2 and a flavor?

V2 is a flavour in itself. The other packages were mainly to kill the bad effects rather than fix it. V2 attempts to keep the system, but make it a bit more usable. Either/or can be used depending on your tastes, but don't use more than 1. They override the same resource and will conflict with each other. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though, I've now made a note on the main page explaining.

Quote:
Does this V2 RRR work too with NRaas Woohooer? I really like the changes you did.

I don't see any reason why not. Woohooer is a scripting mod, which generally don't conflict with anything. Unless Twallan has his own code in there to kill the Romantic Rep system, I can't see any problems.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#29 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:50 AM
OK. Thanks
Instructor
#30 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
The game assigns the "visibility" of cheating on a level based system. Being observed cheating, inviting your "other Sim" to your house, visiting their house, or making and receiving phone calls from them accrue points. Once enough points have been accrued then the romance goes to "Level 2" which basically increases the chance of getting accused. Keep actively cheating and you get to level 3, which increases the chance again.

The problem is, having a romantic interest, even one which you have never pursued, or haven't pursued for a long time, is a Level 1 romance. By default, you could be accused of cheating at Level 1. What I have done (among other things), is disabled the chances of being accused at Level 1, and raised the threshold to reach Level 2.

The in game effect should be that you won't be accused unless you are actually actively cheating on your Sim's partner, rather than just having an old Romantic Interest that you forgot to ask to "Just be Friends"

I posted a more in depth analysis of how it works by default here: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...85&postcount=70

Ok, I understand now. Thanks for the information. A good idea!

Do you have any idea how to completely turn off "accusing for cheating" just for "romantic interest"?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:47 AM Last edited by severedsolo : 20th Jun 2011 at 4:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
Do you have any idea how to completely turn off "accusing for cheating" just for "romantic interest"?

Im afraid I don't. A Core Mod or (possibly) a script mod could probably do it, but it's well beyond the scope of this, as this is just a tuning mod. I do quite like the system as it is now anyway.

Assuming that you only have one romantic interest who you are actually "involved" with at a time, then the only time you are going to get accused, is by the old lover, who you won't care if they think you are cheating anyway. The current lover just won't care.

Of course, if you do have 2 lovers on the go at the same time, and you get accused, then the system is running properly. I honestly have no desire to change that behaviour, although I have toned it down, so it is easier to get away with it, plus it doesn't completely destroy your relationship with them. However with V2 if for example, you get all frisky with lover 1, and then decide you want to go and see lover 2, as long as you leave it at least 24 hours (depending on how "visible" your cheating was) then it shouldn't be an issue. Failing that, keep it in private. Visiting, or phoning your lovers now barely registers on the visibility scale. If there is nobody around to observe then the score won't increase.

As strange as this sounds, what I am more concerned about at the moment, is that I may have made it a bit TOO easy to get away with cheating. That's not my intention at all.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Forum Resident
#32 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:24 AM
This looks really good - I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I'm thinking about having a separate version for one of my save games which has polygamous families in. I don't want the husbands to have 'cheater' reputations, because their wives have all agreed to the idea (they have the no jealousy reward), so while I don't mind them getting the romancer reputations (naughty, something I can't remember, casanova?) I don't want them to have cheater reputations or to be accused of cheating. Will the KillAll version do this, or do I need to adjust some of the numbers?

Also, how far is the visibility distance for version 2? If there's no sims other than the sim and her lover in say 20 squares, is that enough? What about if the only sim around is asleep?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:36 PM Last edited by severedsolo : 20th Jun 2011 at 12:54 PM.
@KittyCarey, Yes KillAll completely disables the Cheater track, while retaining the romantic one.

Regarding visibility. It is defined as "5 Sim meters" How far that actually is in game I couldn't tell you exactly, although the default of 10 seemed to adequately cover most lots. I would say 20 squares is probably enough, but I don't know. Assuming that the WalkingStyles XML uses the same unit of distance, it is approximately half of the distance in which a Sim will elect to walk rather than run. Probably be safer to find a private lot if you want to get frisky.

Regarding the sleeping thing, I honestly have no idea. I am fairly certain it broadcasts through walls, like jealousy though.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:33 PM
Thank you *so* much for version 2. I like the idea of the romantic rep, too and like the way you did it. It might seem like it's easier to get away with cheating, but it also seems a whole lot more realistic, too.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lesliedyane
It might seem like it's easier to get away with cheating, but it also seems a whole lot more realistic, too.

If I have made it easier, then that's mission accomplished. Nothing in the game should be impossible.... My concern is that it may be too easy, having said that though, I have had no complaints so far... so I assume it must be doing something right.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#36 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:16 PM
thank you. my sims are not slapping eachother and breaking up over their consensual relationship. Sure, the town of Neverglade (who knew it was so conservative), considers them, Naughty, but oh vell.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
thank you. my sims are not slapping eachother and breaking up over their consensual relationship. Sure, the town of Neverglade (who knew it was so conservative), considers them, Naughty, but oh vell.

Weirdly, despite the name, naughty is a good reputation. It is the first step on the "Casanova" track. Casanova's get a +25 boost to romantic relations. Combine that with whatever skill reward it is that gives you the instant friendship with Sims, and boom, straight into the sack. If your Sims are naughty, and not cheaters then KillAll is working as intended.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#38 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:32 PM
Heh. that is funny. well, I didn't really consider 'naughty' bad, however, right after getting that rep in game, inevitably cheater followed. Right now I think under 'romantic relationship score' my sims have cheated twice each.. I still think it is bizarro to consider it cheating while sims are only at romantic interest stage. It is odd to me that EA considers that a monogamous state. Especially since you are allowed to have as many as you please. II think they are wrong there. Only with going steady is monogamy enforced game wise. And you can get romantic interest if the mailman gives you flowers! Heh.

One thing I like about generations is how much more sims ar spontaneously affectionate though. It keeps the sims mood good, and seems more realistic to me.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 12:26 PM Last edited by severedsolo : 21st Jun 2011 at 1:10 PM.
The new EGC (1.22.2) may cause a few problems with this mod. Just be cautious. I've put a little info up on the front page, waiting for some more info from AD85, so will update when I have it.

Also I've tweaked V2. "Above Reproach" will now truly put your Sims Above Reproach. If you take this reward, then your Sims will never be accused of cheating.

Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:07 PM
Thumbs up and thanks a ton for this mod. Finally, this feature is a whole lot better now.

Just a question, regarding the traits that decrease/increase chances of being accused, are those EA defaults? Cuz it seemed kinda weird that the "good" trait is under "increase chance" coz sometimes good peeps are, y'know, just too good/nice to confront anyone. And "inappropriate" trait under decrease chance too, I find those sims in game too straight forward whether being mean or flirty so I kinda thought they'd be more inappropriate or brave enough to wield those cheating accusations the slightest chance they get to.

But I'm just nitpicking I guess hehe :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:12 PM
Yeah, they are EA defaults. Good Sim's I can understand, as a "Good" Sim is more likely to want to have the "married, 2.5 Children" scenario.

I have to admit though, I don't really get the Inappropriate one either. I may switch it over to increases in 2.1, I'm tweaking it a little at the moment.

Also, anybody got any idea what the Carefree trait is? The XML references it.. but it doesn't exist.

Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
Yeah, they are EA defaults. Good Sim's I can understand, as a "Good" Sim is more likely to want to have the "married, 2.5 Children" scenario.

I have to admit though, I don't really get the Inappropriate one either. I may switch it over to increases in 2.1, I'm tweaking it a little at the moment.

Also, anybody got any idea what the Carefree trait is? The XML references it.. but it doesn't exist.

Ah yeah I see the point on the good trait there now

Was just checking up on the Carefree trait, never heard it before too, it turns out it's not a trait but a Lifetime Reward that gives sims 25% faster fun gain...it's either that or it's an upcoming new trait, dunno.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#43 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:11 PM
carefree is a lifetime award.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:44 PM
Well that's just stupid. How does that effect the chance of accusing of cheating? Ok written that out of version 2.1... I might replace it with Insane.

In fact I might do a version where Insane Sim's almost always accuse of cheating, just for giggles.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#45 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:00 PM
Insane sim: Hah hah. Accuse of cheating... With Elvis.... With Aliens..... Heh hehe heh.

A lot of EA's decisions do not make sense. Like how Reputation nullifies no jealousy.

A carefree sim hmm. Not sure how they would respond. Maybe the effects of cheating would be less hurtful? IDK.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 11:15 PM Last edited by severedsolo : 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:01 AM.
Ok... Nobody has complained about V2, so I'm going to assume it's working ok. I'm going to declare it stable.

Also EGC seems to be working fine with TS2 style jealousy enabled and RRRv2, so you can safely ignore that warning. Obviously it still won't work with "no jealousy" as EGC emulates the "KillAll" package in that regard.

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:37 PM
severedsolo, what's the likelihood that this and the NRaas suite of mods will play well together?

I mostly use them above all other mods, but this mod seems very tempting, and I was wondering whether I could play with it. I haven't tried to put it in my game yet, just wondering.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#48 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tryguy
severedsolo, what's the likelihood that this and the NRaas suite of mods will play well together?

Well I personally use Nraas Story Progression, Master Controller, Debug Enabler and NoCD with this mod and have no problems at all. The beauty of Twallan's mods is that they are script mods, so they pretty much don't conflict with anything unless they perform the same function.

To the best of my knowledge the only mod that the RRR will confict with is EGC, and even then only if you turn jealousy off. In that case you don't need the RRR anyway though.

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 3:25 AM
Haha, thanks for the answer, severdsolo. I guess I'll put it in and see how it goes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 2:58 PM
Great mod, downloading now.
...I go to visit my Sims's girlfriend's house, and all of a sudden she and her housemates are all ganging up on him (yelling at, slapping, etc.) for having a few romantic interests. Maybe this'll help him out. Haha.
Page 2 of 6