Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#251 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 12:11 AM
i read somewhere that vacations can be indefinite in the gp so we'll see about that. I think one of the gurus mentioned it, and it was posted on simsvip
Advertisement
Instructor
#252 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 12:16 AM
I look forward to buying the gp for my homeless character's usage. I like the ideas of roughing it on a lot, and finding alternates to using beds. My homeless character is from an rpg game I played in, I already have her in my sims game, I just plan on trading out some of her furnishings for camping gear
Scholar
#253 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 5:51 AM
I go without internet for a couple of weeks and come back to find this, eh.

So they decided to go with game packs rather than full on expansion packs or is this like a Store thing? Oooh, what wonders will I find reading 11 pages of posts.
Scholar
#254 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 6:20 AM
I knew they'd do the vacation EP first. Not sure if I want it or not, though
Alchemist
#255 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 8:46 AM
Did they fix the life stages yet?
Alchemist
#256 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Did they fix the life stages yet?

Um, depends what you mean by "fix". Without Madame Butterfly's rescue mod, we now have babypocalypse. The last patch was a doozie, let me tell you.
Instructor
#257 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 5:03 PM
Wonderfull.
Scholar
#258 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 4:16 AM
I had to google what a Game Pack is, 'cause I got 99 problems but reading 11 pages of stuff ain't one: https://www.thesims.com/news/ts4-gp01announce

So it's like a Stuff Pack with more emphasis gameplay features, but not to the extent of an Expansion Pack? So somewhere between a Store venue pack and a Store world. Considering an expansion pack in Australia for The Sims 3 was $20 (If you waited a month for the price to come down) and this one isn't even a full Vacation expansion, just camping, I'd say $20 is too much. Worlds in The Sims 3 were a rip off, but they required a lot more effort on the developer's part than what we have in The Sims 4. (In The Sims 3, most needed new rabbit holes, new clothing/furniture to fit the themes, a new venue, dozens of new buildings, they were basically crafting an explorable land, etc.)

I feel like the first expansion or game play pack or whatever should be something new and exciting, to entice those that haven't bought the base game. Not feeling it with this one. In saying that, University never interested me, nor did World Adventures and Barnacle Bay was the worst thing imaginable (The worlds got better as they went on at least.) so I'll give it a few more patches and game pack (and expansions?) to see.

Quick question, does anyone remember that old survey for the game packs from way back? They were for stuff like magic schools and general expansion themes liek weather and pets. Just by the theme they'd have to contain way more gameplay and features than just camping. Wondering if as times goes on the game packs will get bigger and better or if EA took the easy, cheap way again.
Mad Poster
#259 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 5:40 AM
Personally I'm not as excited by game packs over expansions. It's like getting a slice of cake as compared to an entire cake.
Inventor
#260 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I feel like the first expansion or game play pack or whatever should be something new and exciting, to entice those that haven't bought the base game.

... as well as to lure back those who have bought the base game and then abandoned it. I simply see no reason to spend money on something I already have three times.
Forum Resident
#261 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 4:45 PM
I really hope that this GP means that there will be no vacation EP and several "destination worlds" instead.
I don't like vacation EPs (but World Adventures was the first TS3 EP and i wanted new stuff so much that i got it nevertheless).
If they don't waste EP-development time on this stuff, there will be one more chance for an EP i might like.
Theorist
#262 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 4:39 PM Last edited by TMBrandon : 6th Jan 2015 at 6:31 PM.
Has anyone else noticed the preview clip they gave us is now private?

EDIT: They just posted this: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=826532797385792

Full trailer next week!
Mad Poster
#263 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 7:20 PM
Always no disappointment in bathroom humor. *sigh* guess we won't find out the release until after next week? Oh, that's right...can't post anything that may evoke a "things change" issue. *facepalm*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#264 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Always no disappointment in bathroom humor. *sigh* guess we won't find out the release until after next week? Oh, that's right...can't post anything that may evoke a "things change" issue. *facepalm*

It should be safe to assume that since we are getting a trailer next week, it will be released the following Tuesday. Hopefully we get a new screenshot this week though.
Theorist
#265 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 8:29 PM
I'm not impressed by a sim in a bear suit.

Looks like this would keep me occupied for all of 15-minutes. Pass.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#266 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 8:51 PM
Another teaser?

How about... a trailer?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#267 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 8:57 PM
So this world can have those trees and those rocks? Hmmm!
Mad Poster
#268 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 12:09 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 7th Jan 2015 at 12:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I really hope that this GP means that there will be no vacation EP and several "destination worlds" instead.
I don't like vacation EPs (but World Adventures was the first TS3 EP and i wanted new stuff so much that i got it nevertheless).
If they don't waste EP-development time on this stuff, there will be one more chance for an EP i might like.

I wouldn't mind a vacation EP that's as laid back as Bon Voyage was. That was actually one of my favorites from TS2. I loved how there was everything for every age (except toddlers and babies but we don't really expect much for them anyway) to interact with and enjoy. I'm willing to bet that if they had re-created it for TS3, the children wouldn't have been able to do half the shit that they could in TS2.
Forum Resident
#269 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I wouldn't mind a vacation EP that's as laid back as Bon Voyage was. That was actually one of my favorites from TS2. I loved how there was everything for every age (except toddlers and babies but we don't really expect much for them anyway) to interact with and enjoy. I'm willing to bet that if they had re-created it for TS3, the children wouldn't have been able to do half the shit that they could in TS2.

Is it even possible that children can go to Granite Falls? Wouldn't be surprised if this would be just for YA and older sims.
Instructor
#270 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
Is it even possible that children can go to Granite Falls? Wouldn't be surprised if this would be just for YA and older sims.

One of the preview screenshots showed a child there, I think roasting marshmallows, (?) so they'll probably be able to go. Babies will most likely be out of luck though, but that's what The Socialworkinator 9001 is for!
Field Researcher
#271 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Another teaser?

How about... a trailer?

Haven't you heard? Trailers for trailers are the norm now. In fact I believe there are even trailers for trailers for trailers!

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#272 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
One of the preview screenshots showed a child there, I think roasting marshmallows, (?) so they'll probably be able to go. Babies will most likely be out of luck though, but that's what The Socialworkinator 9001 is for!

Nah... just chuck them in the inventory. Just like being in the womb again.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#273 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:17 PM
I disagree with the "it's fine to pay for stuff packs". That is like buying a new house, and when you've paid and moved in (real life here), someone informs you that they will install plumbing for only $X more, and run wires for electricity for $X... you get the idea.

Expansion packs - sure. Not these little filler releases.

My humble opinion.
Karen
SecretSelf
Theorist
#274 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SecretSelf
I disagree with the "it's fine to pay for stuff packs". That is like buying a new house, and when you've paid and moved in (real life here), someone informs you that they will install plumbing for only $X more, and run wires for electricity for $X... you get the idea.

Expansion packs - sure. Not these little filler releases.

My humble opinion.
Karen
SecretSelf

Uh huh, Karen, you're not so secret about yourself after all? HMM!

On a serious note though, stuff packs have always been stuff so I believe the correct analogy would of been "it's like buying a new house, and then buying all that decoration and furniture to put into it"
Your analogy however, would be an expansion pack, because expansion packs bring functions into the game and house needs electricity, and plumbing to function (in modern day).
Now the GP on the other hand, which is what Outdoor Retreat is, is more of the in between so it's like you bought the house with everything in it, but it doesn't have any decorations and some of the lightswitches/plugs are uncovered so you need to buy covers for them to function and buy the decorations as well.

EDIT huge edit: The basegame would be her analogy, and then EP's would be the additional added functions like better water flow and automatic doors, and stuff like that, right?
EDIT 2: I'm confusing myself, someone please help decipher this analogy.
EDIT 3: I'm definitely thinking way too into this, my brain hurts.
Theorist
#275 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 8:12 PM
I think it's more like buying a new car, but it's missing a Reverse gear. Sure, it has forward gears, so you can use it to get from point A to point B, but sure would be more enjoyable to use if it had a Reverse gear because pushing it backwards isn't much fun when previous cars from the same manufacturer had a reverse gear. Then the manufacturer offers to sell you an air freshener to hang on your rearview mirror.

Resident wet blanket.
Page 11 of 185