Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 21
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#201 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 1:24 PM
Unable to load file. "C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\Jericho.world": Atempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

That's the error I was getting. Note the past tense, I made it large address aware and it's loading fine now. Stupid me, that'll teach me to put 12 gigs of RAM into my machine........
Test Subject
#202 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:39 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#203 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 5:35 PM
I'm a huge sims fan since 1999 and i had never commented on any cc all these years but for the first time after testing the world i think it's time to break the silence: thank you for this masterpiece. really.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#204 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 9:37 PM
Ah, okay, thank you very much you too! I didn't even know that cheat existed... I have to get up on my game (pun intended). Thank you so much for this awesome town!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#205 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 1:16 AM
Hi, This is a great world! Thanks for making it!

I have what might be a stupid question to a lot of people, but I honestly have no idea what you're referring to when you say, "Riverview (non-decrapified) is also required." What is this "decrapified" of which you speak? I have heard it many times on many Sims boards, but I have no idea what it means. Can you tell me? Anyone?

Thank you!
Test Subject
#206 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 2:23 AM
Everything downloaded fine, extracted fine, and showed up in the drop down list of worlds...but will only load about 75% of the way before hanging indefinitely. Reading all the glowing reviews here only makes me more sad
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#207 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 9:05 AM
very cool dude!
Test Subject
#208 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 12:54 PM
Hi, thank you so much for sharing this fantastic world with us. It's breath taking and I love all the details.

I have a small question i am wondering if anyone could help me ? My weather / sky is not showing up to have any effect. Is there something that I need to do to trigger the effect to start ?

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I downloaded from the alternate source given.

Cheers ,
Seren
Test Subject
#209 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 2:44 PM
maybe making it 1 rar file? keep getting error 403 for 2 many download requests :/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#210 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 6:31 PM
This is without a doubt the best neighbor hood i have EVER played (im about 3 hours into it) and its absolutely spectacular.im compelled to build things and add to it as i play. far more than any EAxis neighborhood....it does seem to be very demanding,even on my computer.but it is well worth it. Thank you so much *bows* you have reignited my passion for the sims 3,and are truly a god among modders.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#211 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:13 PM
Wow, thank you all for your great replies!

orlov, thank you so much, I'm really pleased that you like it so much!

tilarium- Well done for fixing it, that error just means that the game has tried to access memory reserved by the OS, which is of course solved when you allow it to use more.

werwolf- Thank you!

RedCherry_001- Thank you for the compliment! I'm glad you posted, and pleased that you like the world.

Elice- No problem, I hope you have fun with it!

MacadamiaSC- Thank you, I'm happy that you like Jericho! 'Decrapified' is referring to the process of fixing the file with the TS3 Recompressor. If you do that it essentially gives the objects a different ID (so the game thinks they are totally different objects), hence people who use a decrapped version of Riverview were finding that the rabbitholes and other Riverview items in Jericho weren't showing up. I hope that clarifies it!

mbgreenleaf- I'm sorry it isn't working for you, does your computer meet minimum recommended specifications? And, do you have all required EPs and Riverview?

skatercat90- Cheers, mate!

sereniticat- There's a tip for this in the main overview post, under 'Known Issues and Notes'. Sometimes I have to play for a while before saving and exiting to main menu. This seems to be an EA bug, I've not yet found a way to fix it.

killermaik3- There is a file size limit for uploading to MTS, hence the split RAR. You can only have three download requests open at one time, if you try more you will get a 403 error. So, either download the rar parts one at a time, or else try the alternative download link in the main post.

woodchuck- Thank you for the lovely comment! Yes, this world is much larger than the EA worlds, it has more lots although I've tried to keep the number of trees and effects sensible. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I appreciate all of your responses, thank you all!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#212 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 3:21 AM Last edited by sereniticat : 30th Jan 2012 at 7:33 AM.
Simsample- thank you so much for your help. I did have a look under your Known Issues and Notes, but I admit I was really tired, so I musta missed it. yes, that makes total sense because you have to go into main menu with Blueville Island and I totally forgot about that, I shall give that a try.

Since posting last, I've had some time to play and explore and I have to say that I really love the "feel" to this world. Whilst I love Blueville Island because it's so damn pretty I love this world because it has an edge to it, it feels like it is just on the cusp of seedy and gritty and it's up to your Sim to decide how they will view their world.

I'm excited to explore more, moving sky or not !

EDITED TO ADD : I've just gone back in and loaded my game, then saved and went to main menu and then came back to my game and it's worked a treat ! Oh my gosh, I thought your world was gorgeous before, but your sky has enhanced it ten fold. I also forgot to mention that I adore your trailer homes, they are so cute and fun. I really love the park with the tents too. My sim spent her first night there watching a unicorn. Cheers so much for this world.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#213 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 8:34 PM
I'm exploring it with my mouth wide open! WOW! I was drawned by sculpting and painting and not I can't take my eyes of the lots!?!? All the different styles, and the colors!!! It is amazing!
I was soo surprised by the Gazebo - that park just before is simply amazing! And the Temple!? I just had to donate what was asked! Roman bath, Banetree Farm, Allomyra Battery Ruins.. Huge library as well as the one in old town.. so many things and details, but I'm in love with residential lots.. Off to play more, thank you for this gem!

PS My PC is on the bottom of those who can play this game (2,4Gh intel Core2Duo and just 2Gb of RAM), but it is running flawlessly now. I do have settings set on moderate/low, but it is amazing to play there! Will check how it looks/run on higher settings!
Test Subject
#214 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 1:06 AM
Yay! I got this to work by cleaning up a bunch of stuff that was lurking in my start menu using resources with wild abandon! And everything everyone says is true, it is wonderful. Very very nice :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#215 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 1:51 PM
sereniticat- No worries, there is a lot to read on that first page! I'm glad you got it working, you might find that you have to do this for each game session (each time you restart the game), which is annoying. I wish I could find a way to get it working 100% of the time, but it seems to be occurring in all worlds using custom skies, not just this one. I'm glad you're enjoying the world!

Anushka- Thanks for downloading, I'm glad you like it! Hopefully I will have chance to try out Union Cove very soon, now that Jericho is finished. And thanks for the information about your computer specs- very useful to know. My last PC was low spec and I built most of Jericho on that, so it's good to know that it will play on a lower spec machine too.

mbgreenleaf- Well done for getting it to work! Yes, the condition of your PC and the background tasks you have running will have a huge impact on your performance. I'm glad you like Jericho!
Test Subject
#216 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 11:13 PM
Default Ohhhhh... so that's what it is!
Thank you! It does clarify it quite well!

Have a fabulous day!

[QUOTE=simsample]MacadamiaSC- Thank you, I'm happy that you like Jericho! 'Decrapified' is referring to the process of fixing the file with the TS3 Recompressor. If you do that it essentially gives the objects a different ID (so the game thinks they are totally different objects), hence people who use a decrapped version of Riverview were finding that the rabbitholes and other Riverview items in Jericho weren't showing up. I hope that clarifies it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#217 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 6:53 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your talent and havignit available to me. It is fantastic I can't find the words. The apartments the space the roads the bars and clubs the views. It made wonderful sense and great use of space other devs overlook. Thank you have a great week!
Test Subject
#218 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 9:24 AM Last edited by sereniticat : 1st Feb 2012 at 9:57 AM.
Never mind me, I have it up and running and happily restarted my family. I had a wee accident where I chose to ignore the "must restart game if you change this setting" and it messed Jericho all up. I came looking for help but I've got it all sorted easy as and am glad to be back in.

I'm sorry I took up this space here. Thanks again for all your hard work on this world. I keep getting surprised and excited by new little things every time my sim ventures out.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#219 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 12:39 PM
MacadamiaSC- No problem, I hope you have fun with Jericho!

Mslovely- Thank you for the lovely comment! I'm glad you like the world, I hope you have a lot of fun with it! :D

sereniticat- Hehe, oh dear, I'm glad you got it fixed! And I'm glad you're still enjoying Jericho.

Thank you all for commenting and downloading!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#220 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 4:29 PM
Wow, I just want to say thanks! This is an amazing world (from what the pictures show me... I haven't gotten into the game yet). Thank you so much for creating and sharing this with everyone. With this level of care and detail you could have easily made this a pay item on other sites.

Oh and if anyone is still have issues extracting it I found that the second set of instructions worked well for me after I got the "integrity" error.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 2:38 PM
Beautiful World you've made here! i love this world, it has so many details, like a new addon !! Thank you !!!
Field Researcher
#222 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 6:22 PM
This is an awesome world. I was making one guy to move to Bridgeport after he skills up a bit, to marry one of my sims in brightport, but I might move that family to Jericho instead.

One problem I had though. When my sim went on a trip to Egypt, when he got back he appeared on an island. I explored the area and got back to the mainland but I was stuck in a shack with seemingly no way to open the door to leave.

I ended up crashing trying to fix it, and when I ended the vacation again I appeared on the same island. I eventually edited the second lot (when my sim wasn't on it. If it was it bugged his house for some reason) to add a second unlocked door.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#223 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 9:22 PM
Jericho is truly an amazing world! But....I do not have Pets, and do not intend on gettting Pets. I wish there was a way to have this world without the Pets EP.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#224 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 1:10 PM
love the ini files!!!
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 5:41 PM Last edited by Dobydog : 3rd Feb 2012 at 5:55 PM.
Godd this is so frustrating! How exactly do we download it? Will the alternative download thing with the Sims 3 pack download the entire thing? I've never, ever, ever been able to download neighborhoods that are in parts, idk if I've always done it wrong (haven't tried in a really long time).. I know I spent hours trying to figure some out. Every time I try to extract the bits and pieces it tells me I need to insert a blank cd..?

edit: Ok it installed the alternative download. I didn't think it was going to bc it was stuck at 0% for the looongest time. If it works then thankyou for the most awesome neighborhood evar!! Lol
Page 9 of 21