Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2024 at 2:58 AM
Default University Says My Sim Already Has a Degree When They Do Not
I created a new Young Adult Sim last week, and I decided to enrol him into university so he can a degree in Computer Science. But when I arrive at the screen where you choose your Sim's degree and classes, it tells me that my Sim already has that degree and therefore cannot apply for it. Except he obviously doesn't have one yet, because he's only existed for five Sim weeks. This occurs with both University of Britechester and Foxbury Institute.

I've tried various trait-related mods like MCCC and chingyu to investigate and find some sort of evidence that he has the Computer Science trait and try to remove it. But all my investigation just shows that my Sim doesn't have any degrees, let alone one for Computer Science.

I then tried repairing my game, but this did not work. I then tried removing all my mods and loading the game back up, but this did not work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix the issue?

Thank you.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elegant-Faults
I created a new Young Adult Sim last week, and I decided to enrol him into university so he can a degree in Computer Science. But when I arrive at the screen where you choose your Sim's degree and classes, it tells me that my Sim already has that degree and therefore cannot apply for it. Except he obviously doesn't have one yet, because he's only existed for five Sim weeks. This occurs with both University of Britechester and Foxbury Institute.

I've tried various trait-related mods like MCCC and chingyu to investigate and find some sort of evidence that he has the Computer Science trait and try to remove it. But all my investigation just shows that my Sim doesn't have any degrees, let alone one for Computer Science.

I then tried repairing my game, but this did not work. I then tried removing all my mods and loading the game back up, but this did not work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix the issue?

Thank you.

My only guess for the cause would be if you downloaded a sim from the gallery and then edited it, not knowing it had been played and has a degree. If you didn't, I genuinely have no clue. As for removing it, there's a mod that adds a cheat function to do just that: https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mo...gree-cheat-code