Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 3:54 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 8:03 PM.
Default Reality Challenge
ok so for me this is more of a goal and the goal would be to see how many generations your can get through and how prosperous your sims get through the years. try blogging your progress

ok so first off i'd like to state that this will be really long and hard to get through. For those not interested in slow challenges then this one will not be for you.

This challenge is played by using each sim day to equal one day this will go on for years until you decide to quit. The seasons change every three months. this can be done using hacks that control the weather and i use monique's aging individually mod.
* you must make birthdays up for the people in the town you first create after that the birthdays will come naturally.
* i use custom schools for my sims that i build for child, teens, toddlers. create challenges for projects for them to do at home and in school asses wether they complete that or not and give them a grade change. Also, send kids and teens to the defualt school every now and then.
*make a bank (bank set from pc sims), post office (using the parcel service from pc sims),police station jail( police download pc sims jail simlogical which is where i find the school stuff too), church (optional),hospital and visit other sims (mod from backalleysims), a petshop, a custom university ( i made a sub hood one using squinge mods and maty), make a medical clinic for check ups (include eye chart, chemistry kiosk, from pc sims and the medical kit from the hospital download), make buisnesses that are mostly npc run unless it is one of those lots that need a manager to start with in that case either have one playable sim run it or have a cas sim own those.
*only try to fufill thier wants don't try to impose your wants upon them unless you feel it absolutely necessary for where you want that sim to go in life i mostly use that rule wit romances
*not everybody will get married or have children
*make sure sims save some money every now and then try not to use motherlode after building your house if you must use loans for money they need and pay it back not everyone can be financially stable.
* try giving your sims personality keep them in character
*schedule community events like a potluck, meetings to decide on what to build next, do some fundraising for schools, have garage sales from time to time, put on concerts by some "celebrity sims you create" or have those celebrities schedule events about what they are famous for if possible, try new things like this (note if you have more ideas on that let me know)
* try not to cheat to much
*use squinges nursing mod for babies (optional)
* give sims there periods (optional)
* pregnancies last for nine months unless there is a "premature birth''
*take photos of your progression of the neighborhood and of your sims that way you can see how rewarding it is.
i'm still buidling my neighborhood currently from scratch but i'm having tons of fun with all these ideas so far.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:13 AM
can you give me a link to these mods as I can't find some of them. Is pc sims another site or a person's nick here?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by subzero22
can you give me a link to these mods as I can't find some of them. Is pc sims another site or a person's nick here?

Pc sims was a website that can be found on the sims 2 graveyard site under downloads there you will find the chemistry kiosk which is great if you want to build a pharmacy to compliment a hospital you can build yourself by using chris hatch's hospital mod at backalley sims which you do have to register for becuase it is an adult site. the school mods are at simlogical. the other bank downloads you can find are by monique. The downloads about nursing can be found by squinge. the period hack can be found by smonaff. the base hood uni tutorial and link to download can be found at lakesideheightsblogspot and by squinge. I use simblender also to pause pregnancies that way they can have babyshowers and stuff. Let me know how it goes for you
pc sims downloads
simlogical downloads
monique downloads
squinge downloads
smonaff downloads
lakesidehieghtsblogspot
simblender
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 6:39 PM

also if you are interested in this challege then maybe we can compare notes with each other about our progress and development i already started a blog for mine so far so good.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 11:47 PM
The only problem I see is if you have sims alive for too long their memories fill up from living too long and you can start seeing bugs, like the jump bug. Unless they fixed it at some point and I don't know about it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 2:13 AM
The only problem I see is if you have sims alive for too long their memories fill up from living too long and you can start seeing bugs, like the jump bug. Unless they fixed it at some point and I don't know about it?

i never knew that could happen in terms of memories although i do know that you can clear their memories. the sims 2.com also has a jump bug patch to fix that. Tell me if that fixes it.
jump bug fix
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 5:31 AM
well I never got that bug as I never let my sims live that long. I have all the ep's and latest patches so it's probably fixed then. Right now I'm testing out a challenge that I made before I post it then I'll try yours out. Thanks for the links btw.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 4:38 PM
well I never got that bug as I never let my sims live that long. I have all the ep's and latest patches so it's probably fixed then. Right now I'm testing out a challenge that I made before I post it then I'll try yours out. Thanks for the links btw.

the patch won't screw up my game though right I have all the eps and every stuff pack except for glamour life? and your welcome for the links
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:37 PM.
Default Calendar Year Challenge
I found this challenge over on the TSR Forum but it was posted in 2006 and the topic is locked. So I thought that I would post it here to see if anyone is interested. Oh and I have added my own ideas into the mix.

Warning : It is a difficult challenge. You need patience and a touch of creativity to make it through the whole calendar year.

Starting Out
Create a male or female in CAS. You can decide on all the options available such as aspiration, personality points etc. Move the sim into a house or build your own. I like to play that they must pay back the $20,000 starting out funds as if it was a mortgage but that is up to you. The house can be as costly as the sim can afford. Up to you.

Rules
Your sim ages a year per month on the calendar. I use google calendar to mark off the days. Use aging off to keep your sim from aging except the day of her birthday put aging on so she will age one year. Yes, so that means that you play 30 sim days before your sim ages a year. [round about since some months are 29 or 31 days]

Your sim starts out as a 19 year old high school graduate who moved away from home to a new town. She/He must find a minimum wage job for the first year.

Progression

The progression is ment to go very slow compared to probably most of our tendencies with our sims. Starting off at 19 years of age, your sim works at minimum wage at a job she/he probably hates. Works at making friends in the new town, goes out on casual dates, learns about their hobbies / skills / interests to figure out what career they want. At 20 maybe your sim has made a best friend and has a close knit group of friends. Has just started on the first step of the career ladder and perhaps is dating someone more seriously. At 21 promotions in career, committed relationship. [22 engaged / 23 married / 25 first child] etc.

You can figure out your own timing of course but it is neat to try and be more realistic of how relationships form. Like I have it that my sim needs to go to 5 outings and 3 phone calls before she is best friends with someone. Friend I allow in the first meeting or second meeting depending on how they are clicking.

Holidays

This is the perfect challenge to celebrate holidays, birthdays, and anniversary. Christmas, Thanskgiving, Easter, Valentine's Day, New Year's Eve and so forth. Take the time to decorate and invite friends over.

Weekly Events

With so much time it is easy to get bored. So I have added weekly events like.. Church on Sunday, Girl's Night out on Friday, Date night on Saturday, Hair Salon once a month, Workout at the gym once a week, Hobbies once a week as in enter a cooking contest, gaming contest etc. Volunteer, my sim is athletic and into sports so she volunteers at the playground for basketball. This is where the creativity comes in. Do things you never take the time to do with your other sims because you are rushing through their life. I do use the sethour cheat when coming back from a community lot so that the time catches up back home.

Challenge

The only thing you really need to adhere to is the aging process of a calendar month. Everything else is just additional. You can add your own ideas as long as it doesn't mess with the aging. If you do come up with ideas please share. I am interested in any other ideas to make this challenge more fun.

You Won

When you complete the year. Good Luck
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 2:49 PM
I´d love to play this when the holiday season is over... too busy right now, hardly enough time for my own sims.

My plans for now:
Male adult Sim, random aspiration (but can´t be a knowledge sim since he´d opted for college/university in this case)
At 19 years he´s eligible for conscription, but he won´t get drafted right away.
I do not require my sims to pay back their starting money in regular play, but in this challenge I´ll do it.

1st year:
Can´t find a job at all, must work as barista, sing in bars, fish a bit on community lots (for a fee) and so on. Only casual romances, no skilling, only very held back learning by doing
2nd year:
Military service. Moves into a themed apartment and must have a roommate. Enters military career track, promotion to joblevel 3 allowed, some basic skilling in cooking, cleaning, mechanics and body (up to 3 points each)
3rd year:
Starts thinking about his life and future, this will be the first time he realizes his lifetime want and starts working towards it.
5th or 6th year:
Surprise! Learns that he has sired a child only days before high school graduation and sadly the mother has died in a car crash recently. Must adopt a child (and I pretend it is his). The reason behind this is that I like toddlers in general, but with the pacing of this challenge they would severly strain my patience.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 7:11 AM
Thanks for sharing your great ideas on what to do each year. I warn you it is very hard to go slow. I have made it so far one month. Good luck when you do try it out.
Scholar
#12 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 11:56 PM Last edited by Enki : 21st Dec 2013 at 3:02 PM. Reason: another interpretation occured to me, not sure with which to go
Hello again!
I was really down and to cheer up myself I started you challenge today. Just finished my first diary entry
So if I understand correctly, my sim ages one year per 30 sim days. In other words, one sim day equals 12 days or roughly 2 weeks.

Summer Jun, Jul, Aug 8 days
Fall Sep, Oct, Nov 7 days
Winter Dec, Jan, Feb 8 days
Spring Mar, Apr, May 7 days

And the challenge ends after one real-life year, that is 365 sim days, aka 12 years for the sim?

OR

do we play like one sim was day one real life day
and assume the sim is 19 years old in august, 20 in september, 21 in october and so on?

I played through the last day of summer and found that my sim has experienced almost too much in these two weeks.
But judge for yourself: http://enkisstories.tumblr.com/post...ear-challenge-1

I think I´ll go with one sim day = one real year day, but maybe keep him at age 21 (finished school age 18, then 3 years vocational school) the whole year? Sorry to mess around with your rules
Day one and two diary entrys of the new version are up on tumblr: http://enkisstories.tumblr.com/post...ear-challenge-2
(If you wish to follow the diary, the tag is "calendar year challenge", of course)