Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 6:38 AM
It's been 4 days...
On Friday morning I submitted an item (a world, to be exact) it order to be approved by the modding team.
Afterwards I read the message that it's on medium priority which would imply that I'd have to wait up to 72 hours until I hear back from a moderator with an update on my upload.
Now it's day 4 already and no response from anyone, no updates, nothing.

I don't know how long it's supposed to take for my item to appear or at least hear back from the moderator in charge, but for me four days/ a week is a bit too much.

As I said previously, I haven't been here in a long time and this is my first upload after it's been like 15 years!

What changed?
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by earthgirl
On Friday morning I submitted an item (a world, to be exact) it order to be approved by the modding team.
Afterwards I read the message that it's on medium priority which would imply that I'd have to wait up to 72 hours until I hear back from a moderator with an update on my upload.
Now it's day 4 already and no response from anyone, no updates, nothing.

I don't know how long it's supposed to take for my item to appear or at least hear back from the moderator in charge, but for me four days/ a week is a bit too much.

As I said previously, I haven't been here in a long time and this is my first upload after it's been like 15 years!

What changed?

Good and thanks for informing us about your situation.

Staffs have real life to get to as relating to their real life jobs. The work they do here here is voluntary, but non the less, your world will be looked at and once that is done, you will get a reply from us.

Once again we thank you for your patience
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 7:40 AM
I get it that people have real lives, so do I and so does everyone else. Sometimes people will just vanish.

But I wish the communication would improve. I would love some feedback on my content without having to wait for weeks.. (okay, it's not "weeks" at this point but you get the drift)

It goes like this: I submit something, I get a PM, then after a week I get the mod PM telling me to make changes in the description, the item itself, etc; I make the changes, then wait another week until that mod looks over my content again then tells me that I probably need to make more changes, then another week passes... sounds tedious to me. I'd give up at that point.
Inventor
#4 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 9:04 AM
I get it that people have real lives, so do I and so does everyone else. Sometimes people will just vanish.

But I wish the communication would improve. I would love some feedback on my content without having to wait for weeks.. (okay, it's not "weeks" at this point but you get the drift)

It goes like this: I submit something, I get a PM, then after a week I get the mod PM telling me to make changes in the description, the item itself, etc; I make the changes, then wait another week until that mod looks over my content again then tells me that I probably need to make more changes, then another week passes... sounds tedious to me. I'd give up at that point.

Hello @earthgirl
I am not a moderator but since your last upload in 2009, the Moderator process has changed.
There is a point system and once a creator has gained a certain number of points (5 or 10) by submitting uploads, they are free to use the By-pass option or continue to submit to the Moderator Queue.
At the time of you submitting your upload, there maybe many other creators that have too. Your upload is a world which is a much larger item to check than an object, so please bear that in mind.
About six months ago, Moderators were being recruited, it could be there is a shortage of moderators that are not fully trained yet.
Be patient, your upload will be dealt with in due course.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 10:00 AM

Would you feel better if you had an automated email after a couple of days, saying something like 'your mod is in a queue, please be patient and our staff members will look at it as soon as they can'?
Or are you just saying that the whole thing is too slow for you?

The site is run completely by volunteers, and they all have jobs, studies, commitments other than the mod queue. So I think a certain delay is inevitable.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 11:57 AM
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 2:15 AM
Sorry to hear that!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 6:12 AM
I got a response yesterday, so it's all good!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 12:49 PM
I got a response yesterday, so it's all good!

Good, I'm looking forward to seeing what you created!