Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:42 AM
Default Peculiar Top/Outfit Chest Issue
Throughout my experience with CC outfits, there have been a lot of hits and misses. Perhaps the biggest contributor to being a miss is this strange problem I've noticed concerning outfits and breasts. I have searched quite a bit to find the solution and found it puzzling that I could not find any posts with people having the same issue. I'm no modder; just a long-time simmer, so I'll insert a few pictures to do my explaining for me. The first image will be "normal", while the rest will be...well, not so much. I have a fairly good amount of CC (sliders, Master Controller, etc.), and I can tell you no amount of messing with the sliders seems to correct the situation. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 8:28 AM
The sliders used are bonesliders, a jointslider to be precise.
It moves one or more joints from the skeleton.

Clothingmeshes(the shape) is build out of thousend triangles sticked together and were the corners meet there is a vertex.
Those vertice are assigned to the joints, sometimes one or 2(with a max of 4 joints per vertex)
So when moving a joint of the skeleton related vertice will move along with it.

The breastpart is assigned to spine1, spine2, breast and the clavicle.
Unfortunate EA didn't do a very good job on some of the clothing meshes wich results in the outerarea not properly moving along with the breast joint.
That area(those vertice) just don't have enough weight on the breast joint.

You can fix it if you like but it can be a tricky procedure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 9:28 AM
Ahh, I figured it was an issue with the bone structure, as now I remember seeing similar old EA outfits. Sounds like a problem I'm not quite ready to tackle, he he. Thanks for the thorough detail, much appreciated!