Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:36 PM
Has anyone downloaded these stairs?
I have found the most awesome stairs on the update site Seabree's - the update came from the pay site sims.top.to

They look great and all I was wondering was if anyone has downloaded them yet because I was wondering if they have managed to get the animations to work (I have seen a few people working on spiral stairs but they've been unable to get the animations to work properly) and so the only reason I wanted to know is I am willing to pay for them but I don't want to go and donate for them only to find out that they only look good but don't work (really hope that doesn't sound mean or horrible because its definitely not meant that way). So can anyone tell me if they've downloaded them yet and if so, do the anims work?

P.S. Sorry to be sooooo long-winded :Slap:

Lots of love,
hexy
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:43 PM
this looks to good to be true...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:45 PM
Doesn't it just?! As you can see, they look GREAT! And like I said I'm even willing to pay for them, but only as long as they work cuz even though they look awesome they aren't much use if they don't work.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:59 PM
I have downloaded a lot from this site before and found all their stuff works well (even if they do place the items in the game is the most unusual places!)...but not the stairs. Would love to know too if they work as I would definately pay for them!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 6:02 PM
Well I have just gone and asked them at the site, so I will try to keep you all posted on the answer they give me!

Keep your fingers crossed!

;oD

hexy
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 9:17 PM
Well don't hold your breath, they can be very slow to reply.
Plus the modern donation fireplace replaces one of the Maxis originals.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 9:22 PM
The other replies to questions on their site don't seem to have taken too long - the next day i saw for one. But I know I'm just being very impatient (which I'm really trying not to be) its just that I'm sooooo excited!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 9:33 PM
I don't want to be accused of double-posting cuz thats not what I'm trying to do, but I have a question for those of you in here right now.

How many of you are willing and/or are able to donate for the stairs, but just want to make sure first that the animations work?
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 9:44 PM
I got these stairs today. The creator told me he'd just finished testing it. I'm going to install it when I get home and see if my Sims can use them. I donated $5, but I don't recall there being a set amount. You can contact the creator at: [email protected]. I spoke to him (via e-mail) three times today. I'll let you know tomorrow (or tonight if I get a chance) how the stairs work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 9:47 PM
Cool. Sounds great! I'll be here on the edge of my seat (literally am).

;oD

Can't wait to find out. Good luck!
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 9:50 PM
Well, I don't know where you live, but it's about 4:50 PM in New York. I'll try to post tonight by 8:00 PM. But, I promise I will post tonight.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 1:31 AM
Sorry, I'm late posting but I got home a little later than I thought. Anyway, I tested the stiars and they look amazing in the game and the Sims do uses them to go up and down the stairs, but the animations are off. The sims kind of sink into the stairs and basically go through them, but if you don't mind that then I think they're worth getting. Hopefully, some very talented Simmer will be able fix the animations and then these stairs will be perfect. As decoration, they are great, and as I said the Sims will use them. I hope this helped.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keikoa
Sorry, I'm late posting but I got home a little later than I thought. Anyway, I tested the stiars and they look amazing in the game and the Sims do uses them to go up and down the stairs, but the animations are off. The sims kind of sink into the stairs and basically go through them, but if you don't mind that then I think they're worth getting. Hopefully, some very talented Simmer will be able fix the animations and then these stairs will be perfect. As decoration, they are great, and as I said the Sims will use them. I hope this helped.

um, sorry to be a stickler, but do you think you could post picutres of it in the game? like with your sims? i'm really considering getting it...

and just to add, how is it maxis couldn't come up with this? :werd:
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 9:31 AM
wahhhhhhhhh, that's that's that's !!!!!! i want it.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 9:43 AM
link please.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 9:50 AM
Yeah, link or tell us where you got it...WE WANT IT!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 9:53 AM Last edited by imjetguer : 27th Aug 2005 at 9:54 AM. Reason: forgot the link..
I just donated and downloaded the stairs. Im going to go and test them in game and come back with a nice screenshot.
If you donate you can donate whatever you want and you get access to all the member objects not just these stairs. I donated 2.25 because I didn't want to be rude and donate like 50 cents, lol. be back later.
the all important link
http://sims.top.to/
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 10:58 AM
okay im back and here is the screenshot of what they look like in game and in my grand salon. If you have an good graphics card they will probably look better, mine is like 64 megs.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#19 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imjetguer
okay im back and here is the screenshot of what they look like in game and in my grand salon. If you have an good graphics card they will probably look better, mine is like 64 megs.

is it still working? :confused:
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 7:34 AM
The stairs? Yeah they are still working fine but the animations are not correct.
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 7:24 PM
Can someone tell me what the link is to Seabrees site???? Thank you.
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 9:25 PM
The site address was listed previously in the thread, but here it is again:
http://sims.top.to/
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 9:31 PM
Actually, I found the link to Seabrees site (http://seabrees.invisionzone.com). I was not looking for the link to http://sims.top.to/. Thank you anyway.